Re: Pending Adoption (Update required) - Update button missing

Is there a fix for this? I tried everything and I can add my new AP to my unifi.

Click the "Check for new firmware" as noted previously in this thread, then wait a couple of minutes and you will see the option "Adopt and update firmware" appear next to the device not long thereafter
Kudos: 4488
Solutions: 1167

Hello @dumbfound,

There should be a upgrade button.

Could you PM me the controller logs?

You can also upgrade the UAP via a SSH session.

Regards,

Glenn R.

Cloud Hosted Controllers | Glenn R. | UniFi Installation/Easy Update Scripts | UniFi-Video Installation Scripts | UniFi-VoIP Installation Scripts
USG-XG-8 • USG-4-PRO • USG
US-XG-16 • US-48-500W • US-24-POE-250W 2x • US-16-POE-150W 3x • US-24 • US-8-150W • US-8
UAP XG • UAP-SHD • UAP-HD • UAP-NanoHD 2x • UAP-AC-PRO 2x • UAP-AC-LITE • UAP-AC-IW • UAP-AC-M • UAP-AC-M-PRO 2x
UAS-XG • UCK-G2-PLUS • UCK-G2 • UCK

[ Edited ]

> There should be a upgrade button.

The upgrade button does *not* appear until the controller has downloaded the firmware via the "firmware" section at:

> https://example.com:8443/manage/site/default/settings/maintenance

Only then will the "Actions" column become visible and then display the "Adopt" and "Upgrade" options in that column at:

> https://example.com:8443/manage/site/default/devices/1/10

Hello @netweb,

Correct, but a controller checks for updates after upgrading it..

Regards,

Glenn R.

Cloud Hosted Controllers | Glenn R. | UniFi Installation/Easy Update Scripts | UniFi-Video Installation Scripts | UniFi-VoIP Installation Scripts
US-XG-16 • US-48-500W • US-24-POE-250W 2x • US-16-POE-150W 3x • US-24 • US-8-150W • US-8
UAP XG • UAP-SHD • UAP-HD • UAP-NanoHD 2x • UAP-AC-PRO 2x • UAP-AC-LITE • UAP-AC-IW • UAP-AC-M • UAP-AC-M-PRO 2x

[ Edited ]

Sure, *after* it has been upgraded it will check for updates, in the "initial" state with pre-4.x firmware devices simply do not show the "Upgrade" in the actions column, because of the "Actions" column being hidden.

There is no visual indicator for a new user that any of those "actions" are possible, it only occurs after manually checking for any firmware updates, until then, nothing, zip, nudda, new users are left to the ir own to research on the forums.

Hello @netweb,

The actions should appear when hovering over the devices.

You can also enable to always show actions columns

Devices > 3 Dots ( top right ) > Always show actions

Regards,

Glenn R.

Hi all -- i was finally able to adopt after SSH AP device and then manually updated. After the update the adoption button appeared.

Thanks all.

Hello @dumbfound,

Awesome, thanks for reporting back!

Regards,

Glenn R.

[ Edited ]

Glenn,

> "The actions should appear when hovering over the devices."

Thanks, but with all due respect at the moment with the current controller version this is *not correct*.

Please see my multiple previous posts on page one of this thread with screenshots illustrating the issue.

tl;dr: With the HTML table header column for the "Actions" column the option "Always show actions" is 100% categorically *useless*.

I had a similar problem not being able to update using the new cloudkey firmware. I just couldn't see the update button. Tried firefox and chrome but they both had the same problem. 
Turns out that my addblocker which I have installed on both my browsers doesn't like the update/provissioning button. After disabling my AB and reloading the site the problem was fixed and I could provision my switch.

Hope this could be of some use to someone.

Looks like a possible workaround is to do the following:

For devices with 3.x firmware install the v5.9.29 version of the controller, it will happily see the 3.x firmware revision devices and offer to upgrade them, once all your devices are upgraded to 4.x firmware then update the controller to the latest v5.10.19 revision.

Sorry but...

settings > services> in Chrome?

settings > maintanence > (scroll down to firmware)
Kudos: 6

Brand new Unifi user here. Just bought a considerable amount of Unifi gear and this is my first impression - it is not good.

I've read all the reviews, seen the youtube clips and decided this is what I want for my home network - something powerful but with a slick UI so it doesn't feel like work when I am sorting out the home network. 

I plug everything in and get setup, then hit this dead-end where I have a UI telling me I should update something but no way of doing it. So I search the forums and see the apparant disenterest from 

Hello @matt_31313,

Welcome to the community!

What browser are you using?

Have you tried incognito mode?

Are you seeing anything in the browser console?

Haven't been able to replicate it at all.

Regards,

Glenn R.

Kudos: 416
Solutions: 23

[ Edited ]

@UBNT-MikeD 

^^^ Could you notify your pixel painters that usability is a thing? Stop hiding things for the sake of making it "pretty", "smart", "cool", "wow"... It's totally unintuitive to the point where it got unusable, plus enormous (and totally unneeded and avoidable) waste of time.

Kudos: 6

Thanks for the standard questions - I have read those all before but here's your answers anyway:

Chrome, Version 73.0.3683.103 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Yes tried incognitio - no difference

Nothing in the console

Something that may be more useful to you:

CONTROLLER VERSION
UI
Backend
Build
atag_5.10.20_11657

UniFi Security Gateway 3P4.3.33.4936086

UniFi Switch 8 POE-60W

UniFi AP-AC-Lite3.7.58.6385

That's all I have bothered pluggign in for now. I would suggest that you re-create that setup and then see for yourself. I won't be wasting anymore of my time on this.

[ Edited ]

Hello @matt_31313,

Did multiple times, like I said unable too replicate it Man Wink

Do you have any browser extensions installed?

Have you tried FireFox?

Have you tried using a different device?

Regards,

Glenn R.

Kudos: 416
Solutions: 23

[ Edited ]

@AmazedMender16 wrote:

Do you have any browser extensions installed?

When it does not work in incognito mode, extensions are irrelevant.

And, all there's needed is to stick a big button below the "Pending Adaption (Update required)" label, stating "Click here to update and adopt". Instead of playing hide-and-seek with users. A simple button that will

- download required FW updates

- upgrade the device

- adopt it in controller

There. Usability. Intuitive. Simple. One click.

Instead of something half-broken hidden somewhere under three dots and dysfunctional until FW is cached.