Kudos: 2

Problem with iphones Unifi Ubiquiti

[ Edited ]

Good evening,

We have a problem with wifi unifi, in this case with repeaters.

With Apple products (iphone and ipad) very often there is no possibility of access, do not connect to the network, require the password continuously (even if it is entered correctly).

If I restart the repeater everything returns to go correctly for an hour or so ... then the network returns to fall.

With Android and Pc Win10 everything works smoothly.

It seems that if you try to connect to a cable Unifi the problem is not there.

I also add video taken directly from my iphone X

Thankyouunifi2.JPGunifi1.JPGunifi4.JPGunifi3.JPG

Emerging Member
Kudos: 1

Re: Problem with iphones Unifi Ubiquiti

i have the same problem!

Established Member
Kudos: 306
Solutions: 98

Can we have an output from the AP  of the below file:

cat /var/log/messages 

Thanks,
Myky
CWNA
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don`t blame the device as it`s always doing what you have asked it to do, this is not always the same as what you want.

Thanks Myky for your answer.

I'm not very practical about what you ask.

How can I generate this output?

my controller resides on Cloud Key.

Kudos: 2229
Solutions: 643

Hello @gian23rewind and @lottware,

Could you post the UAP Logs?

Did you perhaps block the devices?

Insights > Known Clients ( Show ALL Blocked )

Regards,

Glenn R.

Cloud Hosted Controllers | Glenn R. | UniFi Installation/Easy Update Scripts | UniFi-Video Installation/Easy Update Scripts | UniFi-VoIP Installation Scripts
USG-4-PRO • USG
USW-48-500W • USW-24-POE-250W 2x • USW-16-POE-150W 3x • USW-24 • USW-8-150W • USW-8
UAP XG • UAP-SHD • UAP-HD • UAP-NanoHD • UAP-AC-PRO 2x • UAP-AC-LITE • UAP-AC-IW • UAP-AC-M
UCK-G2-PLUS • UCK-G2 • UCK

Hello @gian23rewind,

You wil have to SSH into the UAP, view the logs and than post the logs files here.

Regards,

Glenn R.

Cloud Hosted Controllers | Glenn R. | UniFi Installation/Easy Update Scripts | UniFi-Video Installation/Easy Update Scripts | UniFi-VoIP Installation Scripts
USG-4-PRO • USG
USW-48-500W • USW-24-POE-250W 2x • USW-16-POE-150W 3x • USW-24 • USW-8-150W • USW-8
UAP XG • UAP-SHD • UAP-HD • UAP-NanoHD • UAP-AC-PRO 2x • UAP-AC-LITE • UAP-AC-IW • UAP-AC-M

Hi friends,

here's the log!

Established Member

Can we have the affected client MAC address, please? Just to confirm the issue only visible on the repeaters, wired APs never report this problem?

Thanks,
Myky
CWNA
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don`t blame the device as it`s always doing what you have asked it to do, this is not always the same as what you want.

Hello @gian23rewind,

Like @Myky  requested we would like to know the MAC address.

Regards,

Glenn R.

USG-4-PRO • USG

In this case, the affected client MAC address is c8:3c:85:3e:a1:c1 and yes, the problem it's visible only on repeaters and not on wired APs!

And, now I have a problem with iphone,ipad,ipod.... but the pc is ok....

Established Member

Nothing in particular in the logs. We need wireless sniffer here. From just log file, I cannot tell you what is going on. If you are willing to get wireless monitor mode PCAP (please note MacBook needed) then let me know. I will post instructions

Thanks,
Myky
CWNA

Good Morning,

I have only a PC windows.

is it possible to do it anyway?

Established Member

It is so difficult to conclude without actually seeing the association process. Wireless PCAP will show us the "key" frame > deauth and dissociation frames and also a reason code as described in the KB below:

https://mrncciew.com/2014/10/11/802-11-mgmt-deauth-disassociation-frames

Thanks,
Myky
CWNA

Good Morning,

I don't have the McBook but only a Pc Win10.

Is it possible to use a Pc Win10 to do this?

Thank you

Established Member

No, Windows drivers do not support monitor mode
Thanks,
Myky
CWNA

ok! I have the macbook! what can i do?

thankyou

What happens if you change the DTIM to 3 from the current 1? I have read that some Apple products prefer 3. Maybe it can help?
Established Member

@gian23rewind Please work only with one repeater and one affected device. On your Mac install Airtool for easier frame captures.  To illustrate what exactly you need to do l attached below image:

Monitor mode PCAP example.JPG

Your Mac book must be configured to monitor the same channel as your repeater operates on (it either 2.4 or 5GHz channel). You cannot monitor 2 bands at the time with MacBook. Start the PCAP and try to replicate the issue. One it is replicated, upload PCAP here providing details of the repeater and affected device MAC addresses. 

Regarding the DTMI suggestions, this "should" not affect client association process and/or "should" not cause any disconnects, however, l personally use 5 in my house. For more info please refer to the KBs below:

https://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Controller-Based-WLANs/What-is-the-wireless-DTIM-And-how-do-w...

https://help.ubnt.com/hc/en-us/articles/221029967-UniFi-Debugging-Intermittent-Connectivity-Issues-o...

Thanks,
Myky
CWNA
Established Member

Holy cow! Can't believe I missed it. Apparently, there is even an easier way to get monitor mode PCAP while you connected to the SSID and follow the guide below:

https://help.ubnt.com/hc/en-us/articles/221029967-UniFi-Debugging-Intermittent-Connectivity-Issues-o...

Anyway your choice!!

Thanks,
Myky
CWNA