Re: Problems with Wireless Uplink users

Hi @UBNT-BenBuckley,

Any news from my subject?

Best regards,

Sandrigo.

Kudos: 12
Solutions: 1

had a long time customer call me who i setup 3 UAP LR access points in wireless uplink a few years ago,.. this was before the 5ghz models were available.. the system always worked there were a few times i had to go back onsite to tweak a few settings. but something happened a few weeks ago and i could not fix it remotely and this thread had me seriously concerned.
they were on firmware 3.7 something so i decided to hardwire all 2 that were in wireless uplink and update the controller to the latest LTS 5.6.39. it updated all three and and i unplugged one at a time and they all reattached in uplink mode.

wireless uplink IS working. i really which we could find out what is going on with these other setups not working..

[ Edited ]

@UBNT-BenBuckley is there a way to have the AP roll its logs (so after a reboot the log will be saved as log.1, etc)?

EDIT: this just happened again tonight. The AP lands in "Disconnected", but it still broadcasts the SSID and accepts client connections.  As a result, it takes down any client connected to the AP.

Ubiquiti Employee
Kudos: 292
Solutions: 9

@kavehv The only way to keep logs after an AP reboots is to have a syslog server set-up so that the log messages can leave the AP itself.  

If you'd like to try our latest features, consider signing up for beta: https://help.ubnt.com/hc/en-us/articles/204908664-How-To-Sign-Up-for-Beta-Access

If you're trying to debug a network issue, take a look at this help article: https://help.ubnt.com/hc/en-us/articles/221029967-UniFi-Debugging-Intermittent-Connectivity-Issues-on-your-UAP
Ubiquiti Employee
Kudos: 292
Solutions: 9

@seven2018 I apologize, I still haven't been able to focus on your issue.  It is on my list, but I can't give it my top priority at the moment.

If you'd like to try our latest features, consider signing up for beta: https://help.ubnt.com/hc/en-us/articles/204908664-How-To-Sign-Up-for-Beta-Access

If you're trying to debug a network issue, take a look at this help article: https://help.ubnt.com/hc/en-us/articles/221029967-UniFi-Debugging-Intermittent-Connectivity-Issues-on-your-UAP

@UBNT-BenBuckley Are you able to narrow down on what this issue is?

Thank you. I'll be waiting.

Sandrigo.

@UBNT-BenBuckley Any updates on this?

Highlighted

I've got the same problem. I am going to try to go back to an earlier firmware and then if that doesn't work an earlier controller.

Kudos: 1691
Solutions: 508

Hello @poddylover,

Have you tried firmware version 4.0.9?

Regards,

Glenn R.

Cloud Hosted Controllers | Glenn R. | UniFi Installation/Easy Update Scripts | UniFi-Video Installation/Easy Update Scripts | UniFi-VoIP Installation Scripts
USG-4-PRO • USG
USW-48-500W • USW-24-POE-250W 2x • USW-16-POE-150W • USW-24 • USW-8-150W • USW-8
UAP XG • UAP-SHD • UAP-HD • UAP-NanoHD • UAP-AC-PRO 2x • UAP-AC-LITE • UAP-AC-IW • UAP-AC-M
UCK-G2 • UCK

Hi @UBNT-BenBuckley.

It's been a while we talked. Any update on this subject? 

Thank you.

Sandrigo.

@UBNT-BenBuckley wrote:

@seven2018 thanks for following up.  I did get your backup but have not been able to try reproducing yet.  I hope to get to it in the next two days