Emerging Member
Kudos: 5
Solutions: 2

Re: Problems with Wireless Uplink users

Hi to all. After I finally managed to move away from firmware 4.0.14.9736 (with the TFTP recovery procedure), I tried for a couple of days FW 4.0.15.9872, which proved to suffer the same issue: after about 48 hours of UAP's uptime, all wifi clients started disconnecting! Man Sad

Thus I downgraded back to FW 3.9.54.9373 and no problem arised any more (I'm writing this after more than 4 days of uptime).

@ubiquity support: please, please... tell us whatever debug info you need to troubleshoot this issue! Your UAP models are not usable in wireless uplink topology anymore with all the latest firmware releases!

Kudos: 1

Hi!

Yeah man, this problem has been happening for so long! I'm still waiting for someone come with the resolution. In the clients I have wireless uplink I had to keep using old version of the controller and firmware to get it sold.

I'm still wating an awnser from @UBNT-BenBuckley on this subject.

Regards,

Sandrigo.

@andrewhotlab wrote:

Hi to all. After I finally managed to move away from firmware 4.0.14.9736 (with the TFTP recovery procedure), I tried for a couple of days FW 4.0.15.9872, which proved to suffer the same issue: after about 48 hours of UAP's uptime, all wifi clients started disconnecting! Man Sad

Thus I downgraded back to FW 3.9.54.9373 and no problem arised any more (I'm writing this after more than 4 days of uptime).

@ubiquitysupport: please, please... tell us whatever debug info you need to troubleshoot this issue! Your UAP models are not usable in wireless uplink topology anymore with all the latest firmware releases!

Emerging Member
Kudos: 4

Hi @UBNT-Maciej @UBNT-Maciej @UBNT-Ben @UBNT-Mark 

It's been a while I'm having a lot of trouble with my wireless uplinks using Unifi UAP-AP and I need your help. All of the clients (devices) connected in these APs which are connected via wireless to the closest ones keep disconnecting in the moment it is connected. It is not possible to keep the connection for more then 5 seconds and after sometime it won't connect anymore.

If you connect to the main AP (wired one), no matter the version, it is ok but the wireless uplink isn't

What I've concluded so far is that the problem started after the controller were upgrade to the version where It was integrated the new new feature called "Allow meshing to another access point". I'm almost sure this is where the problem stands.

PLEASE, help me someone! I have 20 uplinks in the hotel.

Regards,

Sandrigo.

Veteran Member
Kudos: 1286
Solutions: 208

Downgrade firmware to 3.9.54

Emerging Member
Kudos: 4

Using this firmware with the unifi controller version 5.10.19??

In my opinion the problem insn't in the firmware but in the "Allow meshing to another access point" option set in the controller.
Kudos: 95
Solutions: 21

same problem. Staying in 3.9.xx. only join the reply so that I can get an email once there is a possitive report on a upcoming fix from UBNT. PS: I can wait until Jan 2020 but hopefully not beyond that.Ubnt Banana

UEWA, MTCNA, MTCTCE
Veteran Member
Kudos: 1286
Solutions: 208

For firmware 3.9.54 you will need to downgrade the contoller to 5.9.29.

Replying to this so I can get updates as well. I'm having this exact same problem and will be reverting to Controller version 5.9 and firmware 3.9.54. One thing I noticed was that I was having this issue with new Mesh access points as well. 

Emerging Member

It's unbelievable: I just upgraded the controller from 5.9.29 to 5.10.21, and it forced me to upgrade the firmware of managed UAP to 3.9.54 to 4.0.10... just after two hours after the upgrade, the wireless-downlinked UAP started disconnecting its clients!! Rebooting it temporary fixes the problem, then after two hours the issue is back again!

I really can't add anything to ask for help and offer to debug with your support... nothing but: shame on you UBNT! Man Sad

Ubiquiti Employee
Kudos: 211
Solutions: 58

[ Edited ]

@andrewhotlab wrote:

It's unbelievable: I just upgraded the controller from 5.9.29 to 5.10.21, and it forced me to upgrade the firmware of managed UAP to 3.9.54 to 4.0.10... just after two hours after the upgrade, the wireless-downlinked UAP started disconnecting its clients!! Rebooting it temporary fixes the problem, then after two hours the issue is back again!

I really can't add anything to ask for help and offer to debug with your support... nothing but: shame on you UBNT! Man Sad

How many APs do you have downlinked and uplinked?

Also have you adjusted the manual failovers?  What are the signal strength between APs?

Thanks,

Jeff

UBNT_Alternate_Logo.png
Ubiquiti Networks Enterprise Team
"I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only make them think." - Socrates

Emerging Member

@UBNT-JaM wrote:

How many APs do you have downlinked and uplinked?

Also have you adjusted the manual failovers?  What are the signal strength between APs?

Thanks,

Jeff

Only one AP-AC-LR (now running fw 4.0.21.9965) unplinked with Gigabit Ethernet, and one UAP wireless uplinked to the former. I have different sites with more complex scenarios.

The distance between the two APs has always been the same since this thread started... almost one year ago! It allows to obtain ~60% wireless uplink between them. Lowering the distance does not solve the issue.

Please, please: tell me what I have to do to give you all detailed debug info you may need to investigate this issue!

Sincerely thanks.

Ubiquiti Employee

@andrewhotlab   have you tested with 4.0.30?

https://community.ubnt.com/t5/UniFi-Updates-Blog/FIRMWARE-4-0-30-10217-for-UAP-USW-has-been-released...

Also -  Do you have the manual failovers set correctly?  

Can you give me a screenshot of you SSID config that is broadcasting over the uplinked AP?

Thanks,

Jeff

UBNT_Alternate_Logo.png

Emerging Member

@UBNT-JaMYep, please find the attached screenshots.

I just upgraded to 4.0.15.9872, then I lost the UAP. So I connected it wired in a location closer to the AP-AC-LR, then I disconnected the ethernet cable and it get back the wireless uplink.

Thanks.

Screenshot_2019-05-06_17-41-55.pngScreenshot_2019-05-06_17-46-26.png

Screenshot_2019-05-06_17-47-38.png

Ubiquiti Employee

So you're only running 1 SSID on that setup, which is a Radius SSID?

Thanks,

Jeff

UBNT_Alternate_Logo.png

Emerging Member

@UBNT-JaMSorry, not only that 802.1x SSID, but also a guest network and a simple WPA2 PSK. Here they are:

Screenshot_2019-05-06_18-22-09.pngScreenshot_2019-05-06_18-22-48.png

Ubiquiti Employee

Thanks for the screenshots... one more thing, what are you using for a core router and switch?  

Also what are you using as a Radius Server?

Thanks,

Jeff

UBNT_Alternate_Logo.png

Emerging Member

@UBNT-JaMThe core router is a Juniper EX-2200 Virtual Chassis, while RADIUS authentication is handled by Windows Server's IAS (Internet Authentication Services).

Ubiquiti Employee

When the wireless uplinked AP drops out, are there any clients connected to it?

Also before the outage, does the wireless utilization spike?

Also what is the CPU/Mem look like on the wireless uplinked AP before/during an outage?

Thanks,

Jeff

UBNT_Alternate_Logo.png

Emerging Member

@UBNT-JaM  I just upgraded it to fw 4.0.30.10217 to give it a try... I'll be back to you with those info ASAP.

Emerging Member

@UBNT-JaM wrote:

When the wireless uplinked AP drops out, are there any clients connected to it?

Also before the outage, does the wireless utilization spike?

Also what is the CPU/Mem look like on the wireless uplinked AP before/during an outage?

Thanks,

Jeff

Same problem with fw 4.0.30.10217, even worse: just after 28 minutes of uptime the client has been disconnected. No particular load on the UAP, only the RAM is always around 70% after the upgrade. Here is a screenshot after 30 minutes of uptime.

Screenshot_2019-05-06_19-49-34.png