Emerging Member
Kudos: 1
Solutions: 1

Question About Layer3 Adoptation and Remote Management

I have successful added my UAP-AC-Mesh(Branch) in remote controller Cloudkey(Main Office) using layer 3 adoptation and port forwarding the 8080 port of my cloudkey using set-inform of my http://STATICPUBLICIP:EXTERNALPORT/inform command in ssh. But there is a problem between UAP and controller in Branch Office where i test UAP-AC-MESH i see the SSID of my Main Office where the controller is configured, however i cant connect my device to my UAP-AC-MESH and there is an error the STUN problem.

The first post that i created is here: https://community.ubnt.com/t5/UniFi-Wireless/How-to-adopt-UAP-in-different-Location/m-p/2486193 

Ss I progress with my Setup i finally added my UAP from BRANCH to my controller in my MAIN OFFICE however even i see the SSID that my MAIN OFFICE controller propagate I cant connect to my UAP 

Here is what i configure

ISP <--> TPLINK ER-5120 <--> USG <--> USW

0.) From ISP to TPLINK ER5120 i configured as Bridge so i can have static public IP address

1.) Lets assume im at BRANCH

2.) I remote control my TPLINK ER5120 and configure port forwarding using VIRTUAL SERVER 64301 External PORT to 8080 INTERNAL PORT where my USG and controller are.

* I set-inform my UAP here is what I done (set-inform http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:64301/inform) 

3.) Same thing as my router i configure USG to port forward my Cloudkey IP 192.168.1.7 and port 8080

* havent tried using DHCP option 43 

4.) From BRANCH I log to unifi.ubnt.com, go to DEVICE tab SSH using Putty and adopt my UAP-AC-MESH using set-inform http://123.456.789.102:64301/inform

5.) I wait for couple of minute then suddenly SUCCESSFULLY ADOPTED to my controller where is my MAIN BRANCH is.

6.) I tried to open my smartphone to see MAIN OFFICE SSID and its there. 

7.) But when I connect my Smartphone to my BRANCH UAP-AC-MESH i failed and cant connect.

here is the picture for you to see

Hope you can help me, and if you see my setup lack of steps and missing something please do correct me I would love to know more about this setup. 

projnew1.jpg
Kudos: 2996
Solutions: 806

Re: Question About Layer3 Adoptation and Remote Management

Hello @saintchan,

I believe you contacted me through PM, please open UDP port 3478

Regards,

Glenn R.

Cloud Hosted Controllers | Glenn R. | UniFi Installation/Easy Update Scripts | UniFi-VoIP Installation Scripts
USG-4-PRO • USG
USW-48-500W • USW-24-POE-250W 2x • USW-16-POE-150W 3x • USW-24 • USW-8-150W • USW-8
UAP XG • UAP-SHD • UAP-HD • UAP-NanoHD • UAP-AC-PRO 2x • UAP-AC-LITE • UAP-AC-IW • UAP-AC-M
UCK-G2-PLUS • UCK-G2 • UCK
Emerging Member

how can i open 3478 port if i can only use 1 external port = 1 internal port on static IP

Hello Everyone,

Status update:

This has been resolved through PM.

Regards,

Glenn R.

Cloud Hosted Controllers | Glenn R. | UniFi Installation/Easy Update Scripts | UniFi-VoIP Installation Scripts
USG-4-PRO • USG
USW-48-500W • USW-24-POE-250W 2x • USW-16-POE-150W 3x • USW-24 • USW-8-150W • USW-8
UAP XG • UAP-SHD • UAP-HD • UAP-NanoHD • UAP-AC-PRO 2x • UAP-AC-LITE • UAP-AC-IW • UAP-AC-M
Emerging Member

still not, im not connecting to my UAP it just shows my SSID but not connecting 

Emerging Member

Is there anyone who can help me here? or theres only one person who can support and none of the Ubiquiti Employee 

Established Member
Kudos: 438
Solutions: 87

@AmazedMender16 wrote:

Hello Everyone,

Status update:

This has been resolved through PM.

Regards,

Glenn R.

Glenn,

If you share the fix, it may help others, or just satisfy the curiosity of a tired old goat who spends too much time surfing these forums.

Gregg

Hello @greggmh123,

Sure thing, he was port forwarding th wrong ports.

Regards,

Glenn R.

USG-4-PRO • USG
Established Member

@AmazedMender16 wrote:

Hello @greggmh123,

Sure thing, he was port forwarding th wrong ports.

Regards,

Glenn R.

Curiosity satisfied!

He just posted that "still not, im not connecting to my UAP it just shows my SSID but not connecting", although that sounds like an entirely different issue.

Gregg

Hello @greggmh123,

indeed this is another issue he has, will also post the solution to that if we find it.

Regards,

Glenn R.

USG-4-PRO • USG
Emerging Member

Good Day,I dont know wheres the problem comming from, I successfully adopted my UAP-AC-MESH to my remote site where is my MAIN OFFICE sits. One thing i didnt get why even i see SSID comming from MAIN OFFICE still i cant connect using my smartphone.

Emerging Member

here is my setup: in my Main Office i have TPLINK-ER5120, USG, USW, and UAP and in a remote site BRANCH where my 1 UAP-AC-MESH sits. i successfully adopted to my MAIN OFFICE but whenever i tried to connect my smartphone from BRANCH i cant connect to its SSID 

Emerging Member

Ill give up now, its been a week i experiment this and none of options work.

Hello @saintchan,

How you want to solve this? Though PM or this thread?

Regards,

Glenn R.

USG-4-PRO • USG
Established Member

[ Edited ]

@saintchan wrote:

here is my setup: in my Main Office i have TPLINK-ER5120, USG, USW, and UAP and in a remote site BRANCH where my 1 UAP-AC-MESH sits. i successfully adopted to my MAIN OFFICE but whenever i tried to connect my smartphone from BRANCH i cant connect to its SSID 

"whenever i tried to connect my smartphone from BRANCH i cant connect to its SSID"

Where are you physically when trying to get on the UAP-AC-MESH SSID? Is that just for wireless access? Are you at the BRANCH building that has the UAP-AC-MESH? All you should need is the SSID's passphrase for the wireless network you set up in order to connect to the SSID.

Or, are you trying to connect to the UAP-AC-MESH and MANAGE IT with your smartphone? If you are trying to use your phone to MANAGE the UAP-AC-MESH, you can't do that directly from the app now because the UAP-AC-MESH is already adopted to a controller. You CAN access your controller from your phoen and then manage it, but that doesn;t sound like what you are trying to do. It can be controlled EITHER by a phone app OR by a controller, but not by both at once.

To fix the STUN error, you need to forward UDP port 3478 to the controller.

Gregg

Hello @greggmh123,

Hes stun errors have been fixed by me..

Hes UAP AC M is adopted to the same site, which is not on the same location.

I already asked him to do somethings though PM, but I don’t get any answers... Icon Question

Regards,

Glenn R.

USG-4-PRO • USG
Established Member

@AmazedMender16 wrote:

Hello @greggmh123,

Hes stun errors have been fixed by me..

Hes UAP AC M is adopted to the same site, which is not on the same location.

I already asked him to do somethings though PM, but I don’t get any answers... Icon Question

Regards,

Glenn R.

I will leave him in your capable hands then, my good man!

"Hes UAP AC M is adopted to the same site, which is not on the same location."  Please do let us know what you find. I'd love to know what he is trying to achieve connecting to the SSID. Is it management of the AP or just getting wireless access for Internet, etc.?

Gregg

Emerging Member

Im at BRANCH testing the UAP-M adopted to my MAIN Office, however even i see the SSID of my MAIN OFFICE controller i cant connect to it using my smartphone to browse and stream

Established Member
Kudos: 312
Solutions: 48

On controller all devices are addopted under one site?

Regards,

Do not expect me to reply to this post, I'm not sure that I will be able to find it, thank's to ....

Hello @saintchan,

Could you post your system config?

Settngs > Maintenance > Support Info > Show System Config

@danmero  yeah they are on the same site.

Regards,

Glenn R.

USG-4-PRO • USG