Highlighted

Recommendations for WiFi network equipment in new warehouse

I have used Ubiquiti products for a couple years now and really like them. I generally use the UniFi AP AC LRs in wireless applications. I have a customer building a new warehouse that is 250' by 200', so 50,000 square feet. The ceilings are about 40' high and the warehouse will be fairly wide open. There will be no racks going to the ceiling. They manufacture glass and do have some large pieces that may go up to about 15' in stands but that will be about as high as anything goes. There is an office area in one of the corners that is 80'x60', so 4800 square feet. A single AP LR strategically placed in the office should cover the office area. My thought was to place 3 more AP LRs evenly spaced in the open area to cover the rest of the building. Plan is to hard wire each one. Is it OK to mount them close to the 40' ceiling or is that too high? Does anyone have any experience with a similar setup? Does this sound like it would be sufficient or do I need more APs? Or is there something else that would do a better job in this situation? Any thoughts or feedback will be greatly appreciated.

Kudos: 4457
Solutions: 1154

Re: Recommendations for WiFi network equipment in new warehouse

Hello @AtoZPC,

Do you have any pictures/floorplans of the building?

Regards,

Glenn R.

Cloud Hosted Controllers | Glenn R. | UniFi Installation/Easy Update Scripts | UniFi-Video Installation Scripts | UniFi-VoIP Installation Scripts
USG-XG-8 • USG-4-PRO • USG
US-XG-16 • US-48-500W • US-24-POE-250W 2x • US-16-POE-150W 3x • US-24 • US-8-150W • US-8
UAP XG • UAP-SHD • UAP-HD • UAP-NanoHD 2x • UAP-AC-PRO 2x • UAP-AC-LITE • UAP-AC-IW • UAP-AC-M • UAP-AC-M-PRO 2x
UAS-XG • UCK-G2-PLUS • UCK-G2 • UCK