Recommendations for Wireless build with 100 concurrent users

[ Edited ]

Hey Guys and Gals,

I am looking for a recommended configuration for 100 windows 10 tablet computers that will run concurrently downloading windows updates. These tablets all have wireless N/G configuration and will use the 2.4 band and are stored in a 20x20 room. I currently have 3 UAP‑PRO's, 1 USG and 1 US‑8‑60W.  My internet connection is a business grade internet connection running at 100mbps I see about 60mbps with the maxed out 30 clients on the (3) AP's. I have noticed that after about 10 concurrent connections on each WAP the wireless gets really slow preventing me from connecting more clients to this infrastructure. My budget is about what I spent on the 5 devices and I might be able to buy 1 more UAP-PRO. Is there an optimal configuration I need to be setting up to get more than 10 clients per AP. Any advice would help !!

Kind Regards,

Joshua O'Brien

Emerging Member
Kudos: 18
Solutions: 3

Re: Recommendations for Wireless build with 100 concurrent users

Just to confirm the tablets don't support 5GHz in any form?

Are the 3 existing APs set to well separated channels, typically 1, 6 and 11?

You are correct these tablets are 2.4ghz. Each SSID is on the 3 channels you referenced. I got the UAP-PRO's because they reference 450mbps which is more than the lesser models at my time of purchase.
Kudos: 71
Solutions: 15

Can you supply us with your configuration (can be found in the controller, Settings, Maintenance tab called 'Show System Config')? Could you also supply us with the results of an RF scan?

Controller (5.7.20 ): CK 0.10.0
Unifi (3.9.29):UAP-AC-IW-Pro, UAP-AC-LR, UAP-AC-M& USW8-60W