Highlighted
Kudos: 4
Solutions: 2
Accepted Solution

Redundant Unifi Wireless Bridge?

My current setup looks like this:

Unifi 1.png

On the left side you see my home, wher my Internet uplink terminates on an USG, and some UAPs as well as some wired clients are connected to it via a PoE Switch. On the right side you see my shed running one UAP in mesh mode, connected to a PoE switch and some wired clients connected to that switch (and some wireless as well to the UAP). So basically I'm running the UAPs as a wireless bridge.

What would happen, if a second UAP was added to the shed network and configure both shed UAPs to use manually configured wireless uplink priorities like this: 

Unifi 2.png

Would it work at all or would the shed UAPs see a wired uplink and effectivly stop working? If it would work, would there be any benefits of that setup in terms of bandwidth, redundancy etc.? 

Accepted Solutions
Kudos: 3006
Solutions: 810

Re: Redundant Unifi Wireless Bridge?

Hello @nohn,

You're creating a look here.

Regards,

Glenn R.

Cloud Hosted Controllers | Glenn R. | UniFi Installation/Easy Update Scripts | UniFi-VoIP Installation Scripts
USG-4-PRO • USG
USW-48-500W • USW-24-POE-250W 2x • USW-16-POE-150W 3x • USW-24 • USW-8-150W • USW-8
UAP XG • UAP-SHD • UAP-HD • UAP-NanoHD • UAP-AC-PRO 2x • UAP-AC-LITE • UAP-AC-IW • UAP-AC-M
UCK-G2-PLUS • UCK-G2 • UCK

View solution in original post

All Replies
Kudos: 3006
Solutions: 810

Hello @nohn,

You're creating a look here.

Regards,

Glenn R.

Cloud Hosted Controllers | Glenn R. | UniFi Installation/Easy Update Scripts | UniFi-VoIP Installation Scripts
USG-4-PRO • USG
USW-48-500W • USW-24-POE-250W 2x • USW-16-POE-150W 3x • USW-24 • USW-8-150W • USW-8
UAP XG • UAP-SHD • UAP-HD • UAP-NanoHD • UAP-AC-PRO 2x • UAP-AC-LITE • UAP-AC-IW • UAP-AC-M
UCK-G2-PLUS • UCK-G2 • UCK
SuperUser
Kudos: 8519
Solutions: 1411

I advise against using a UniFi  'mesh' uplink as a point-to-point

link to another network segment as you show in both graphics.   Dave

> HQ in Seacoast region New Hampshire U.S.A.
> Ubiquiti Certified Trainer [UCT] for:
     UBWA [AirMax] / UEWA [UniFi] / UBRSS [routers]
UBNT.NH@gmail.com