Kudos: 2

Remote access / cloudkey problem

I cannot get remote access to work.

I have discussed this with online support and it has been elevated to the next level team, still waiting to hear.

I have a cloudkey G2 and USG. 

On unifi.ubnt.com, the device is grayed out and the status says "managed by other (needs update)"

The device is running v.0.8.6

Has anyone had a similar problem?

Thanks

Established Member
Kudos: 392
Solutions: 57

Re: Remote access / cloudkey problem

That status means that the USG is adopted to another controller and not the one you are logged into.
Find the 2nd controller and turn it off. Then set the inform url through SSH on the USG to the new controller IP. That should have it adopt to the controller you are on.
Also, it needs to be updated. Man Happy

Welcome to the community!!

Thanks for the quick response.

I suspect this issue arose due to me being impatient;  when I first got all the hardware, my cloudkey would not boot.  It kept booting partially and restarting over and over.

I set things up initially in Chrome with a direct connection to my iMac, then after we got the Cloudkey to function I connected it.

Where would I find the second controller and turn it off?  Not sure how to go about that.

I show 0.8.6 as the current firmware for the G2 cloudkey (https://community.ubnt.com/t5/UniFi-Updates-Blog/UniFi-Cloud-Key-Gen2-firmware-0-8-6-has-been-releas...) - is there a more recent update?

Thanks

Established Member

Was the Gen 2 and USG brand new in the box or used? If it was new, it should not be assigned to any other controllers. That status means it is.

You could push and hold the reset button for 10 seconds and factory reset the USG. Then SSH into it if it doesn't show up on the CK Gen 2 controller after a couple mins to force it to inform to your controller.

For the status saying it needs to be updated, that is the USG its talking about, not the CK Gen 2.

The USG could be upgraded to 4.4.34 as a stable candidate. Its not said to be staple yet, but I have been running it for a couple days now and its doing well.

Both were brand new in the box / unopened (cloudkey g2 direct from Ubiquiti and USG from B&H)

@verisarioc

This stuff is all quite new to me.

If I do a reset on the USG, am I going to have to go back and redo all of the network setup?  (AP names, devices etc etc?)

Kudos: 1739
Solutions: 526

Hello @tmshort,

To what controller is your USG adopted?

If it's not your controller, reset the USG and readopt it to the controller.

Once adopted it will grab your settings from the controller again.

Regards,

Glenn R.

Cloud Hosted Controllers | Glenn R. | UniFi Installation/Easy Update Scripts | UniFi-Video Installation/Easy Update Scripts | UniFi-VoIP Installation Scripts
USG-4-PRO • USG
USW-48-500W • USW-24-POE-250W 2x • USW-16-POE-150W • USW-24 • USW-8-150W • USW-8
UAP XG • UAP-SHD • UAP-HD • UAP-NanoHD • UAP-AC-PRO 2x • UAP-AC-LITE • UAP-AC-IW • UAP-AC-M
UCK-G2 • UCK

@AmazedMender16

How do I tell what controller the USG is adopted to?

If I start the Unifi Controller application on the mac, it opens a browser window with me logged in as admin with name Firstname_Lastname. There is an empty "general" site there.

When I am logged into my actual network and can manage things on the dashboard etc, the admin name is FirstnameLastname

Somehow I ended up with two accounts, no idea how that happened?

Hello @tmshort,

So you have UCK and Mac controller?

Choose the one you want to use... If the Mac controller is empty shut it down and remove it.

Configure your UCK and adopt the USG to it, since you don't know what it's adopted to reset the unit.

Regards,

Glenn R.

Cloud Hosted Controllers | Glenn R. | UniFi Installation/Easy Update Scripts | UniFi-Video Installation/Easy Update Scripts | UniFi-VoIP Installation Scripts
USG-4-PRO • USG
USW-48-500W • USW-24-POE-250W 2x • USW-16-POE-150W • USW-24 • USW-8-150W • USW-8
UAP XG • UAP-SHD • UAP-HD • UAP-NanoHD • UAP-AC-PRO 2x • UAP-AC-LITE • UAP-AC-IW • UAP-AC-M
UCK-G2 • UCK

@AmazedMender16

Sorry if these questions are basic.

I deleted the mac app, and the associated library files.

Are you saying do a reset of the USG with the button on the front?  Then re-adopt and it should connect to the cloudkey?

Thanks

Hello @tmshort,

Hold the reset button on the USG for 10 seconds, login to the UCK controller and wait for it to showup.

If it doesnt showup SSH into the USG and run the set-inform command to the controller.

set-inform http://ip.of.the.controller:8080/inform

Replace ip.of.the.controller with the IPv4 address of the UCK.

Regards,

Glenn R.

USG-4-PRO • USG
UCK-G2 • UCK
Established Member

I figured you had another controller! Man Happy I thought it was on your iMac as you stated you used it but I think we were both mistaken.
Since I was driving home from work, it looks like Glenn has been able to help out.

I reset the USG, and with some difficulty was able to get it reconnected.

Everything looks exactly the same as before??

Here is what unifi.ubnt.com looks like:

Screen Shot 2018-12-05 at 6.57.45 PM.png

Established Member

Did you reconnect it to your iMac controller?

Hello @tmshort,

Are you able to login to the UCK locally?

Please re-setup cloud access

Settings > Cloud Access > Remove ans Disable Cloud Access

Regards,

Glenn R.

USG-4-PRO • USG
UCK-G2 • UCK

I didn't reconnect to the mac controller (I don't think?) - I deleted that application and all files from the iMac.

I can connect to the UCK locally.

I re-set up cloud access, still says "Cloud access status 'connecting'" (which has what it has always said), and I have this:

Screen Shot 2018-12-05 at 7.08.41 PM.png

Hello @tmshort,

Disable and remove cloud access, restart the UCK and re-enable it.

Regards,

Glenn R.

USG-4-PRO • USG
UCK-G2 • UCK

@AmazedMender16

The IP of the UCK changed, but otherwise all is exactly the same

@AmazedMender16

Trying some other things with the iOS app.  Does this error message provide any insight?

IMG_8B07B0846BC0-1.jpeg