Established Member
Kudos: 368
Solutions: 53

Re: Remote access / cloudkey problem

@verisarioc

Should the UCK show up in the controller dashboard?

Mine does not.

I can change the "device name" under settings in the UCK itself, and tried that to no avail.

Established Member

[ Edited ]

If you mean the dashboard of the Unifi.ubnt.com site, then yes. That is why I am a bit confused. I think the cloud still thinks the iMac controller that is now gone is still the same one.

Can you try to click the "forget" button on the right side of the controller that is online right now? We need to restart from "scratch" sort of. Not going to reset your CK data.
I have never seen the "manage" button on the right side of the grayed out controller. What comes up when you click on it?

Edit- Sorry forgot to mention to then go locally to your CK gen 2 and disable, reboot, renable cloud access.

I tried the "forget" button, still have the grayed out UCK gen 2

When I click the "manage" link it takes me to the local IP (192.168.1.164) for the UCK access:Screen Shot 2018-12-05 at 9.16.28 PM.png

Established Member

Log into the CK Gen 2, disable cloud access, reboot, enable it again. See if it will load correctly on the site.

@verisarioc

It does not do anything different.

If I go into the settings, disable / remove cloud access, reboot, re-enable cloud access it ends up the same as before.

The other controller showed back up even after I hit "forget", but now shows offline .... ?

Screen Shot 2018-12-05 at 9.26.20 PM.png

Established Member

Just making sure...
Are you using Chrome or Firefox to view the cloud site?
Do you have another machine that can access the cloud site, so you can turn your iMac off completely and see what happens when you hit the "forget" button again. A phone can do it.
Do you have the UniFi app? Does the cloud access work better on that?

@verisarioc

Yup, Chrome only.

Let me try it on the laptop with the iMac off.

I have the unifi app, but I do not have cloud access at all on any device.  The cloud on the display of the UCK is crossed out.

@verisarioc

Shut down the iMac, tried it all again.

Everything unchanged.  I even rebooted the UCK, cancelled cloud access and all that again, no change.  The "forgotten" controller showed back up.

Established Member

@tmshort- I am sorry. At this point, I am not sure. This is just crazy.
My 2nd to last resort would be to...
- Download a backup of your controller.
- Reset the CK Gen 2 to factory default
- Upgrade to the FW you were on before
- Restore the backup file
- Log back into the cloud access

Then check the UniFi site. If you are still getting that cross through the cloud on the Gen 2 display, then maybe there is something wrong with your UBNT account.

The last resort would be to reset back to factory defaults on your CK and USG, and start from scratch to see if that fixes it.

Again, sorry but I really don't have any other ideas to why your cloud access is all screwed up. I guess I am a very lucky person with the cloud access. :/

@verisarioc

Thanks.

This has never worked - new install late last week, I have never had cloud access functional.

I am fairly frustrated, no one from customer service has been able to sort it out either.

I will probably try and reset everything to factory default and redo it all, but I fear the issue is with my account somehow and I will be back in the same boat...

Established Member

I feel your frustration. This seems like a very strange and one off situation at this point. Lets try to wrangle some UBNT gods to try and help out. Maybe they have more of a view on their end. The amazing thing about this company is they pay attention to these threads and do help out sometimes if issues come up that are very tough.

@UBNT-TomS and @UBNT-MikeD- Do you guys have any ideas to why its not working for tmshort? Maybe I missed something simple or its a back end issue on his account? If not sure can you point us in the right direction? Maybe I haven't asked the correct questions?

@verisarioc

I really appreciate all the help, thanks for the additional contacts.

Kudos: 1631
Solutions: 493

Hello @tmshort,

Sorry, It got late for me.

Download a settings only backup of your controller.

Settings > Maintenance > Backup

After that hold the reset button on the UCK for 10 seconds and import the backup in the setup wizard.

Regards,

Glenn R.

Cloud Hosted Controllers | Glenn R. | UniFi Installation/Easy Update Scripts | UniFi-Video Installation/Easy Update Scripts | UniFi-VoIP Installation Scripts
USG-4-PRO • USG
USW-48-500W • USW-24-POE-250W 2x • USW-16-POE-150W • USW-24 • USW-8-150W • USW-8
UAP XG • UAP-SHD • UAP-HD • UAP-NanoHD • UAP-AC-PRO 2x • UAP-AC-LITE • UAP-AC-IW • UAP-AC-M
UCK-G2 • UCK

@AmazedMender16

Reset the UCK.

Same situation.  Nothing is different.

I can't help but think there is some issue with my ubnt account, or profile, or ... but I cannot get any answer from online help except to elevate it to a level 2 team, and I have not heard anything back.  Frustrating, as I spent hours on this yesterday with no results.

I hoped the swap from all apple hardware would be a seamless upgrade, but I've had lots of issues - Wemo devices won't authorize remote access, Ecobee thermostats won't connect to the weather server, iOS devices won't get mail (yes - this has recurred even after it was working briefly yesterday).

Fortunately, I have internet ... and things are faster than before.

Hello @tmshort,

Strange....

May I take a look via TeamViewer? ( send me details via PM. )

Regards,

Glenn R.

Cloud Hosted Controllers | Glenn R. | UniFi Installation/Easy Update Scripts | UniFi-Video Installation/Easy Update Scripts | UniFi-VoIP Installation Scripts
USG-4-PRO • USG
USW-48-500W • USW-24-POE-250W 2x • USW-16-POE-150W • USW-24 • USW-8-150W • USW-8
UAP XG • UAP-SHD • UAP-HD • UAP-NanoHD • UAP-AC-PRO 2x • UAP-AC-LITE • UAP-AC-IW • UAP-AC-M
UCK-G2 • UCK
Established Member

If you guys get this figured out over PM, please update me on this thread. Man Happy I am pretty angry at myself I couldn't get this working. It has to be something I didn't ask or its so simple, I missed. :/

Hello @tmshort,

Thanks for letting me remote in!

The connections are timing out, I saw that the UCK keeps trying... Please update me in a day!

Here is a list of what I did:

- Updated the UCK to the latest firmware ( BETA )

- Change DNS servers to google DNS.

- Reinstalled the controller

- resetup the cloud access

Regards,

Glenn R.

USG-4-PRO • USG
UCK-G2 • UCK

@AmazedMender16 Thanks again for all the help, way above and beyond to spend an hour helping a random stranger online.

I appreciate it and will keep you posted.

Established Member

Nice work Glenn! I don't want to remote into users machines. I am not getting paid for this plus I am at work and I would rather not use my work machine to do it. Man Happy
Its amazing how many people go above and beyond on this site to help out complete strangers across the country or world. Its great!