Scheduled maintenance: Community will be offline Monday June 17th, 1:00 AM - 6:00 AM (PT)

Remotely enable/disable a configured wireless network

Hi,

I just got two of the lovely accesspoints (one UniFi AP-AC-Pro and one UniFi AP-AC-Lite)
and I am very very satisfied!

Just one question:
Is there a simple way to turn a wireless network on/off in the admin webinterface, remotely?
There is the checkbox but I would like to change the state from my homeautomation - so any way via HTTP-GET/Post or ssh or so?

My goal is to disable my Wireless network for guests when there is no guest on site.

BR

Established Member
Kudos: 338
Solutions: 119

Re: Remotely enable/disable a configured wireless network

@disky42

Hello and welcome to the community.

You can do that with the UniFi App:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ubnt.easyunifi

Regards, cempa

Please reward people who have helped you with kudo's and mark your thread as solved when you receive a solution to your issue.
Veteran Member
Kudos: 1370
Solutions: 238

@disky42 wrote:

Hi,

I just got two of the lovely accesspoints (one UniFi AP-AC-Pro and one UniFi AP-AC-Lite)
and I am very very satisfied!

Just one question:
Is there a simple way to turn a wireless network on/off in the admin webinterface, remotely?
There is the checkbox but I would like to change the state from my homeautomation - so any way via HTTP-GET/Post or ssh or so?

My goal is to disable my Wireless network for guests when there is no guest on site.

BR

@disky42 Welcome to these forums.

You best option IMHO is to use the controller API. Have a look at the PHP API client class which I maintain. Currently there isn’t a function that does this for you out of the box but you can achieve it with the set_wlansettings_base() method/function.

See my signature for links.

Art of WiFi
Check out our UniFi API browser tool on GitHub. The PHP API client which it uses, can be found here on GitHub.
The thread on our UniFi Device Search tool can be found here, also check out our Captive Portal solutions for UniFi.
Highlighted

[ Edited ]

Hi, 

Yes, Thanks - that helped. I havent used your PHP implementation but have digged around - I am now able to switch on / off by using the official unifi_sh_api:

unifi_api /upd/wlanconf/<Id> '{"enabled": false}'

unifi_api /upd/wlanconf/<Id> '{"enabled": true}'

'

Side question: 

Why the hell are uneffected wireless networks interrupted on any change which is done?

Doesnt matter if via webinterface or via the unifi_sh_api ... any change is leading to a interruption of all connected devices!

My wife was complaining and complaining about our BAD new devices - now I know: ... because I was messing around with unifi_sh_api on a complete other wireless lan... :-( 

BR 

Kudos: 67
Solutions: 5

Probably because it triggers a (re)provision, which is actually logical and secure.
"Be careful whose advice you buy, but be patient with those who supply it" - Mary Schmich