Kudos: 1169
Solutions: 64

Request: UWB-XG antenna pattern files

Would it be possible to get the 50 and 90 degree antenna pattern files for the UWB-XG? Ekahau will add them into their mapping software if they can get their hands on it.

Thanks!

Re: Request: UWB-XG antenna pattern files

Bump. This is an important thing to have for those of us doing large scale professional installations.

Ubiquiti Employee
Kudos: 377
Solutions: 26

[ Edited ]

Hi @Wifimax ! I'm sorry we missed this post, just saw it linked in your response earlier today. I have added the UAP-XG, nanoHD and UMA-D plots to the UniFi - UAP Antenna Radiation Patterns article. Tomorrow will get to the UWB-XG and hopefully the HD-IW, if not early next week. Again, so sorry for the long wait on this.

(Edited response because I had incorrectly read UAP-XG instead of UWB-XG. Will get to UWB-XG next).

UBNT_Alternate_Logo.png
Help Center & Translation Projects

If you haven't read our User Guides, you haven't lived yet. Find the UniFi Controller User Guide and other product user guides on our Downloads page!

Ubiquiti Employee

Okay @Wifimax ! I'm happy to report the UWB-XG data is up in the article now.

UBNT_Alternate_Logo.png

If you haven't read our User Guides, you haven't lived yet. Find the UniFi Controller User Guide and other product user guides on our Downloads page!

Thanks! Looks like a few of the images are broken for me currently though.

Ubiquiti Employee
Kudos: 206
Solutions: 9

Hi @Wifimax 

I've fixed the problem and it should now be working for you.

Thanks,

David S

UBNT_Alternate_Logo.png

Ubiquiti Networks Enterprise Team

Check out our ever-evolving Help Center for answers to many common questions!

FREE UBWA Student Guide-Great RF Primer!

FREE UBRSS Student Guide-Great Intro to Routing & Switching!

Having connectivity issues? See: UniFi Debugging Intermittent Connectivity Issues on your UAP

Learn How to Establish a Connection Using SSH Here

Kudos: 3

Apparently there was a solution in this thread somewhere but all I saw was a response saying "I will add this to some article".  Where is the antenna pattern file for this product located?  I need something in a Atoll or Planet format.  Thanks.

Kudos: 4488
Solutions: 1167

Hello @pablodius,

Here you can find the article that you're looking for.

Regards,

Glenn R.

Cloud Hosted Controllers | Glenn R. | UniFi Installation/Easy Update Scripts | UniFi-Video Installation Scripts | UniFi-VoIP Installation Scripts
USG-XG-8 • USG-4-PRO • USG
US-XG-16 • US-48-500W • US-24-POE-250W 2x • US-16-POE-150W 3x • US-24 • US-8-150W • US-8
UAP XG • UAP-SHD • UAP-HD • UAP-NanoHD 2x • UAP-AC-PRO 2x • UAP-AC-LITE • UAP-AC-IW • UAP-AC-M • UAP-AC-M-PRO 2x
UAS-XG • UCK-G2-PLUS • UCK-G2 • UCK
Kudos: 3

Unfortunately, that is only the radiation pattern.  I am looking for an antenn pattern file that I can import into RF planning software to plan multiple sites.

Thanks anyways!

Kudos: 4488
Solutions: 1167

Hello @pablodius,

You could use the map function in the controller but there aren't such files out in the wild.

Regards,

Glenn R.

Cloud Hosted Controllers | Glenn R. | UniFi Installation/Easy Update Scripts | UniFi-Video Installation Scripts | UniFi-VoIP Installation Scripts
USG-XG-8 • USG-4-PRO • USG
US-XG-16 • US-48-500W • US-24-POE-250W 2x • US-16-POE-150W 3x • US-24 • US-8-150W • US-8
UAP XG • UAP-SHD • UAP-HD • UAP-NanoHD 2x • UAP-AC-PRO 2x • UAP-AC-LITE • UAP-AC-IW • UAP-AC-M • UAP-AC-M-PRO 2x
UAS-XG • UCK-G2-PLUS • UCK-G2 • UCK

@UBNT-AlexCaldas 

Sorry to revive this. I am trying to get this antenna file into Ekahau for advanced RF planning and they want the actual antenna pattern files so they can add it to their software.

Would it be possible to post the actual files there too so we can map out our deployments?

Thanks a ton in advance!

Ubiquiti Employee

Hi @Wifimax ! You're talking about .ant and .msi files right? That sort of antenna data? The help center doesn't have that content for UniFi...but let me see if I can get it from the antenna guys Man Wink Give me some time to track down the right people and have them squeeze this into their schedule, but I'll post back in a week at least to let you know how it's looking for us.

UBNT_Alternate_Logo.png

Yes! That would be awesome @UBNT-AlexCaldas 

We have Ekahau and it is incredibly valuable when you are able to add in the proper RF propogation of the antenna. This would be absolutely huge for us.

Thank you!