10-30-2018 12:32 AM
I will be controlling a single AP with an SDN controller instance. The router and switches are not managed by the controller. What will stop working if the controller goes offline? Examples:
- Will all wireless traffic cease?
- Will new wireless clients be unable to connect?
- Will existing wireless clients be unable to reconnect?
- Will the guest-network portal be unavailable?
- Will events that occur during the downtime be lost forever, or are they flushed to the controller once it's back online?
I'm trying to decide where to deploy the controller, and whether it's ok to have it on a box that may reboot or go offline occasionally, or if I should put it on a dedicated system like a raspberry pi.
10-30-2018 12:52 AM
The guest portal will stop working.
The network should continue to operate. ( Unless you put the Uplink Connectivity Monitor to check on the controller. )
USG-XG-8 • USG-4-PRO • USG
US-XG-16 • US-48-500W • US-24-POE-250W 2x • US-16-POE-150W 3x • US-24 • US-8-150W • US-8
UAP XG • UAP-SHD • UAP-HD • UAP-NanoHD 2x • UAP-AC-PRO 2x • UAP-AC-LITE • UAP-AC-IW • UAP-AC-M • UAP-AC-M-PRO 2x
UAS-XG • UCK-G2-PLUS • UCK-G2 • UCK