SSL Cert ERROR BAD SIGNATURE

Hello,
I contacted the provider for the certificate and after verification everything seems okay to them.
I tried to re-import again:
parse file1 (PEM, 1 certs): RSA COMFORT Domain Validation Secure Server CA
parse file2 (PEM, 1 certs): COMFORT RSA Certification Authority
parse AddTrustExternalCARoot.crt (PEM, 1 certs): AddTrust External CA Root
parse file3 (PEM, 1 certs): wifi.xxxxx.xxx
Importing signed cert [wifi.xxxxx.xxxxx]
... issued by [RSA COMODO Domain Validation Secure Server CA]
... issued by [COMFORT RSA Certification Authority]
... issued by [AddTrust External CA Root]
Certificates successfuly imported. Please restart the UniFi Controller.

service unifi restart

And then it always gives ERROR BAD SIGNATURE the web page if I try to open the controller ...
does anyone have any ideas?
Thank you
André

Kudos: 4555
Solutions: 1185

Re: SSL Cert ERROR BAD SIGNATURE

Hello @topmaverick,

Did the UniFi Service start correctly?

Regards,

Glenn R.

Cloud Hosted Controllers | Glenn R. | UniFi Installation/Easy Update Scripts | UniFi-Video Installation Scripts | UniFi-VoIP Installation Scripts
USG-XG-8 • USG-4-PRO • USG
US-XG-16 • US-48-500W • US-24-POE-250W 2x • US-16-POE-150W 3x • US-24 • US-8-150W • US-8
UAP XG • UAP-SHD • UAP-HD • UAP-NanoHD 2x • UAP-AC-PRO 2x • UAP-AC-LITE • UAP-AC-IW • UAP-AC-M • UAP-AC-M-PRO 2x
UAS-XG • UCK-G2-PLUS • UCK-G2 • UCK

thanks for the reply, it is all right at the level of services and even certificate, as it has also verified the company that releases it directly from the website with error.
It seems that it is a problem of version 5.9.29 or version web server, they advised to check the logs, where can I find the logs to check for any errors of this kind?
Thank you

André

Hello @topmaverick,

You can follow this article to find the logs..

Regards,

Glenn R.

Cloud Hosted Controllers | Glenn R. | UniFi Installation/Easy Update Scripts | UniFi-Video Installation Scripts | UniFi-VoIP Installation Scripts
US-XG-16 • US-48-500W • US-24-POE-250W 2x • US-16-POE-150W 3x • US-24 • US-8-150W • US-8
UAP XG • UAP-SHD • UAP-HD • UAP-NanoHD 2x • UAP-AC-PRO 2x • UAP-AC-LITE • UAP-AC-IW • UAP-AC-M • UAP-AC-M-PRO 2x

In my 'tinkering' of trying to import a self-signed certificate for the Unifi server, I apprently corrupted something as I now no longer can get to the login page for the server. I generated (with openssl) what I thought is a valid cert (checked it with openssl and it looked fine) and it imported sucessfully using the

I have checked the logs and have found the service is up and runing just fine but when I go to the web page I get a "SEC_ERROR_BAD_SIGNATURE" error. I no longer can get to the logon screen via http or https.

Is there anyway I can 'take a step back' to a working state by removing the certificate I just imported?

Tom

Hello @TomStraz,

Why a selfsigned certificate?

Is it for local usage?

Remove the keystore and restart the service.

Regards,
Glenn R.