Scheduled maintenance: Community will be offline Monday June 17th, 1:00 AM - 6:00 AM (PT)
Highlighted
Solutions: 1
Accepted Solution

Samsung Galaxy mobile devices 'internet may not be available'

Forgive me if I miss out any details as I'm new here, let me know about any additional info that would be of help...

My Galaxy S10 has suddenly stopped playing nice with both my wireless networks, as have other samsung mobile devices such as S9s. For both my main WPA2 network and my open guest network with captive portal control enabled it connects>obtains IP>says 'internet may not be available'.

Other devices such as Macs/PCs/iPads will connect and work fine with main WPA2 wireless but not guest, portal does not load and again, 'internet may not be available' or similar, or just says connected but has no actual internet access or portal pop up.

I have 3x UAP-AC-Lites connected to a USG 3P, 2 by powerline and 1 ethernet, all through a TP-Link switch, USG is then connected to an openreach fibre modem. I have replicated this issue at all 3 APs so don't believe connection to USG to be the issue. I've had an on-and-off issue with the guest network as above for a couple of months now with the captive portal sometimes failing to appear but never an issue connecting to the main network.

No settings were changed before the problem arose the first few times, seemed to come about randomly. However latest firmware was installed at one point - although upon rolling back from an earlier backup, the problem was not resolved and continued intermittently.

Under WAN settings DNS is set to OpenDNS servers. Under LAN, DNS is set to the USG's IP.

Have tried power cycling all equipment, forcing provisions, re-scanning RF and setting channels etc so they are stable and not set to auto.

Really am stumped here so any help is much appreciated.

Accepted Solutions

Re: Samsung Galaxy mobile devices 'internet may not be available'

Yes it has a valid DHCP when connected to either SSID but shows 'internet may not be available'. Guest SSID portal fails to open and no way to open it through browser or WiFi settings.

I'm guessing it was a problem with the most recent controller software as I rolled back APs to 4.0.21 and then also restored from a controller backup from earlier this year and no problems at all. Then updated all APs to latest firmware and still no problems so seems to be isolated at controller software.

Thanks for the help - I'll stick to this controller version for a while til the next stable version I think...!

@AmazedMender16 wrote:

Hello @aq912,

Does the phone still have an valid DHCP Address when that warning pops up?

Is it connected to the guest SSID?

Regards,

Glenn R.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Kudos: 4870
Solutions: 1288

Hello @aq912,

Make sure Auto-Optimize Network and High Performance Devices are disabled.

Settings > Site > Auto-Optimize Network

Settings > Wireless Networks > SSID > Advanced Options > High Performance Devices

Could you post your system config?

Settings > Maintenance > Support Info > Show System Config

Regards,

Glenn R.

Cloud Hosted Controllers | Glenn R. | UniFi Installation/Easy Update Scripts | UniFi-Video Installation Scripts | UniFi-VoIP Installation Scripts
USG-XG-8 • USG-4-PRO • USG
US-XG-16 • US-48-500W • US-24-POE-250W 2x • US-16-POE-150W 3x • US-24 • US-8-150W • US-8
UAP XG • UAP-SHD • UAP-HD • UAP-NanoHD 2x • UAP-AC-PRO 2x • UAP-AC-LITE • UAP-AC-IW • UAP-AC-M • UAP-AC-M-PRO 2x
UAS-XG • UCK-G2-PLUS • UCK-G2 • UCK

[ Edited ]

Hi @AmazedMender16 both of these options were already disabled. System config should be attached.

systemConfig.png

networkConfig.png

[ Edited ]

Hello @aq912,

Regards,

Glenn R.

Cloud Hosted Controllers | Glenn R. | UniFi Installation/Easy Update Scripts | UniFi-Video Installation Scripts | UniFi-VoIP Installation Scripts
US-XG-16 • US-48-500W • US-24-POE-250W 2x • US-16-POE-150W 3x • US-24 • US-8-150W • US-8
UAP XG • UAP-SHD • UAP-HD • UAP-NanoHD 2x • UAP-AC-PRO 2x • UAP-AC-LITE • UAP-AC-IW • UAP-AC-M • UAP-AC-M-PRO 2x

Yes it has a valid DHCP when connected to either SSID but shows 'internet may not be available'. Guest SSID portal fails to open and no way to open it through browser or WiFi settings.

I'm guessing it was a problem with the most recent controller software as I rolled back APs to 4.0.21 and then also restored from a controller backup from earlier this year and no problems at all. Then updated all APs to latest firmware and still no problems so seems to be isolated at controller software.

Thanks for the help - I'll stick to this controller version for a while til the next stable version I think...!

@AmazedMender16 wrote:

Hello @aq912,

Regards,

Glenn R.

Hello @aq912,

Yeah, there are issues with the guest portal on 4.0.42.... 

Ubiquiti is aware and are working hard on a fix Man Happy

Regards,

Glenn R.