Kudos: 6
Solutions: 2

Selective connectivity monitor? Or connectivity monitor fix for UniFi AP-AC-Lite?

Hello,

I have a small environment that consists of a few Unifi AP-AC-Lite and a few more of Unifi AP.

I noticed that with connectivity monitor enabled, my AP-AC-Lites sometimes fall of the network and need reboot to start functioning again. Problem that I have - some of the older Unifi APs are connected with somewhat flaky wiring and they do sometimes lose their uplink. 

Ideally I'd love to get connectivity monitor working properly on all of the APs, could anybody point me to how to troubleshoot it? If that's not an option, is there a way to enable connectivity monitor for just specific APs? Given my environment, enabling it only on older Unifi APs should be sufficient.

Thanks!

SuperUser
Kudos: 5291
Solutions: 1761

Re: Selective connectivity monitor? Or connectivity monitor fix for UniFi AP-AC-Lite?

Leave it enabled, but provide it with a custom IP address that will ALWAYS respond.

By default, it uses the gateway IP address to monitor. That can cause problems if your gateway router/modem device gets rebooted for connectivity issues.

I ran for a long time with connectivity monitor enabled, but used the IP address of my local Cloud Key as the one it monitored. I never had an AP go into Isolated/disconnected mode.

And, fix your dodgy wiring. You don't need the extra headaches.
I did it my way .... Man Happy
Highlighted
Kudos: 6
Solutions: 2

Re: Selective connectivity monitor? Or connectivity monitor fix for UniFi AP-AC-Lite?

I had it enabled when I had only Unifi APs and it worked great. I added Unifi Ap-AC-Lite - and they started falling off the network. Removing monitor solved that issue, but introduced another.

And yes, we will have some renovation done next year that will address wiring. I am just looking to ease some pains in the next few months.