Scheduled maintenance: Community available only in read-only mode until 6:00 AM (PT)

Spec's for Management Server

What is the minimum spec for an appliance for the management sw? Am I correct that Linux is a preview release/no support offered? It would seem more stable than windows....Small # of users, no portal, 9-12 AP's for this first one...

Can I use an Atom 510/1GB ram unit like an Asus EEE or Zotac Zeebox?
Ubiquiti Employee
Kudos: 527
Solutions: 17
Contributions: 1

Re: Spec's for Management Server

I believe so. I have UniFi running in a Ubuntu 10.04 VM with 512M RAM.
Kudos: 65
Solutions: 1

What is the minimum spec for an appliance for the management sw? Am I correct that Linux is a preview release/no support offered? It would seem more stable than windows....Small # of users, no portal, 9-12 AP's for this first one...

I have been running the Linux version of the controller for quite a while on a Intel dual core 1.6Ghz Atom board (1GB RAM) with no issues. And yes, it does run better in most cases than the Windows/Mac version.

Also using Linux Version on Proxmox VM with 512MB Ram

I have been running the Linux version of the controller for quite a while on a Intel dual core 1.6Ghz Atom board (1GB RAM) with no issues. And yes, it does run better in most cases than the Windows/Mac version.

looking forward to the "limitations" of the Linux Versions be gone (Auto Update etc.).

Also hoping for UniFi "running as a service" with proper init-Scripts (like AirControl, with jscv for example)