Established Member
Kudos: 328
Solutions: 6
Accepted Solution

Strange Error Flooding my Inbox - Need help decoding it

A strange error is flooding my inbox regarding 1 of 50 APs in one of our hosted sites. They are all from the same error from the same AC HD AP MAC. I have ~30emails each with 8 to 42 alarms saying the same thing.  I've rebooted the unit and its still generating the error below.  It isn't dropping pings and clients are connected to it. 

Message: AP[f0:9f:c2:6a:46:18] event: { "caller" : "inittab" , "event_string" : "EVT_AP_RestartProc" , "exit_status" : "256" , "proc" : "/usr/sbin/hostapd"}

Any thoughts? I could replace the seemingly working $300 AP...

@UBNT-MikeD

Accepted Solutions
Established Member

Re: Strange Error Flooding my Inbox - Need help decoding it

That was the problem, the 2Ghz radio in the HD failed and disabling that radio but leaving 5Ghz operational stopped the flood of errors pouring in.  We'll have to get it replaced.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Established Member

I just noticed in that no clients were connected to 2Ghz on that radio and the channel colum didn't indicate what channel it was on.  I'm disabling the 2Ghz radio in this UniFi AP-HD.

Established Member

That was the problem, the 2Ghz radio in the HD failed and disabling that radio but leaving 5Ghz operational stopped the flood of errors pouring in.  We'll have to get it replaced.

Highlighted
Established Member

It would be really nice to be able to toggle a specific alarm from a specific device off temporarily until the now known issue can be resolved without going deep into settings and disabling all errors of said type from a site that may have 100 other monitored devices.