Strange issues Lr, Ac Lr and Mesh lock up network

First time post.  Really hope someone can help.We have alot of seperate sites that are working with zero issues. we have been deploying Unifi for several years now and this is our first real issues.  I am going to call this Unifi Site " TRMNT'   this site started out having 4 pico 2's that were implemented 4-5 years ago. As time moved along and we setup a unifi server etc and thos devices failed we integrated unifi in and had no issues .   First was a Unifi 2.4 Lr ( been in place 2-3 years)   then about 6 months later a second Lr  in a seperated building but on the same campus.  About a year ago they bought out a buisness in a different state and we deployed a LRv2 ... worked seamlessly.   About 4 months ago the 2nd Lr installed  freaked out and would lock up the network . I mean completely lockup the managed switch.  It was unplugged i came on site replaced it with a Ac-Lr and the issue never came back .   has had ZERO issues.  2 months ago i replaced the last 2 pico's on the original site with 2 unifi Mesh radios.   it was a non event until yesterday .    Now on the main campus , where there are a LR, a Ac LR , 2 mesh radios  the network was completely hosed up.   The gateway couldn't even be pinged. Once i arrived onsite i unplugged the  Lr, and 2 mesh radio's connected to the switch and boom everything works flawlessly. Connected the SFP to switch 2 in there second building that LR worked fine.  The other LR connected and it was fine.  As soon as one of the mesh radio's are connected ping times went from 54 to 700 to 1900 to not responding .  we cut spanning tree off. tried a different switch , tried everything another tech and myself could think .   As long as the 2 mesh radio's aren't on the network it's fine and the pings and throughput are where they should be .   If you plug in 1 mesh radio pings go up and the through put on the network slows but doesn't crash. As soon as the second one is added to the switch the switch locks up. 

We have made sure Mesh was turned off in the controller settings and that the radios were force provisioned .

Any help would be greatly appreciated ..  We threw about 4 hours at this today and still are beating our heads agains the wall

Kudos: 182
Solutions: 26

Re: Strange issues Lr, Ac Lr and Mesh lock up network

I'm struggling to visualize your network. A diagram would help tremendously.

It could be a broadcast storm.  Are you certain that there isn't a loop in the Ethernet network?

-- Pete

Kudos: 4041
Solutions: 1040

Hello @dmarshburn28328,

Welcome to the community!

Could you make a sketch of your network?

What firmware version are you on?

Are you able to check the logs of the switches?

Regards,
Glenn R.

Cloud Hosted Controllers | Glenn R. | UniFi Installation/Easy Update Scripts | UniFi-Video Installation Scripts | UniFi-VoIP Installation Scripts
USG-XG-8 • USG-4-PRO • USG
US-XG-16 • US-48-500W • US-24-POE-250W 2x • US-16-POE-150W 3x • US-24 • US-8-150W • US-8
UAP XG • UAP-SHD • UAP-HD • UAP-NanoHD 2x • UAP-AC-PRO 2x • UAP-AC-LITE • UAP-AC-IW • UAP-AC-M • UAP-AC-M-PRO 2x
UAS-XG • UCK-G2-PLUS • UCK-G2 • UCK

Hopefully this will help..  I just threw this together . See the attached files

here is the current view of the Stations with IP's and software versions 

unifi help.JPG

ive added a rough sketch of the network . please let me know if there is anything else that 1 can help with
Kudos: 182
Solutions: 26

I'm not familar with Dell managed switches, but they almost certainly have logs.  Looking at those right after the trouble starts, as @AmazedMender16 hinted, is what I'd do next.  Also useful would be to watch the lights -- if they start flashing like mad then there's some sort of storm going on.

-- Pete

We have changed one of the switches to a Cisco Managed POE switch.   the 2nd switch is still a dell switch that just using a sfp to get the two networked.   Switch 1 is highly populated but switch 2 only has 3 connections .  Still fighting this wierd issue.   Everything works up until the 2 mesh radios are connected.