Scheduled maintenance: Community will be offline Monday June 17th, 1:00 AM - 6:00 AM (PT)

Switched over to NANO-HD, need help tweaking the settings.

[ Edited ]

Hey guys,

I just recently switched from UAP’s (green ring) to the NANO-HD AP, and I am experiencing some issues.

I have one NANO-HD, set up on the middle floor and I am getting range issues with my iPhone if I go into one of the bedrooms on the middle floor, which is weird because prior to this I had 2 AP’s(green ring) set up on the same floor and I was experiencing no range issues, I know 2 AP’s works better than 1 but I thought the NANO-HD was supposed to give out more range than the older gen APs, besides the bedroom isnt that far from the access point. Is this an issue with the setting? Or would i Need another AP on this floor? I have them wall mounted vertically pretty high up in each room. I am also experiencing an issue where two SSID of the same name exist to connect to my network, one of the SSIDs work and the other one says invalid password, Im not sure why its showing 2 of the SAME SSSID, I just want to have one. Lastly I do not see my Unifi Switch showing up in my controller either is there any way to fix this?Please let me know if you guys can assist! Thanks!

SOLVED THANKS! Turns out it was just the placement of the APs

Highlighted
Kudos: 4857
Solutions: 1284

Re: Switched over to NANO-HD, need help tweaking the settings.

Hello @maxpaynex5,

Welcome to the community!

Are there any Rogue Access Points?

Are you using multiple WLAN groups?

I recommend the following Radio Settings

Devices > UAP > Config > Radios

2.4 GHz
Channel width: HT20
Chanel: 1/6/11 | Choose one of these channels, a RF scan will help you choose the most clean one.
Transmit Power: Low ( Medium )

5GHz
Channel width: VHT40 | Optional VHT80/VHT160 might decrease wireless stability
Chanel: 36/44 | Optional (149/157) Choose one of these channels, a RF scan will help you choose the most clean one. Avoid using DFS Channels
Transmit Power: Medium ( High )

Regards,
Glenn R.

Cloud Hosted Controllers | Glenn R. | UniFi Installation/Easy Update Scripts | UniFi-Video Installation Scripts | UniFi-VoIP Installation Scripts
USG-XG-8 • USG-4-PRO • USG
US-XG-16 • US-48-500W • US-24-POE-250W 2x • US-16-POE-150W 3x • US-24 • US-8-150W • US-8
UAP XG • UAP-SHD • UAP-HD • UAP-NanoHD 2x • UAP-AC-PRO 2x • UAP-AC-LITE • UAP-AC-IW • UAP-AC-M • UAP-AC-M-PRO 2x
UAS-XG • UCK-G2-PLUS • UCK-G2 • UCK