Kudos: 4

System was working but crashed , need some advice

Hi there , I have a setup in a hotel, 1 usg , 1ck , 1 gateway , 1 Switch 16 ports poe (Unifi) , 10 UAP AC PRO and 5 unifi switch 8 ports with poe 60w.

The system was working good but tonight it crashed , they restarted the main switch (16 ports) who also power Cloud key and restarted gateway (Power cycle).

Everything came back at normal , running for about 40 minutes and crashed again. They did a power cycle again and everything came back at normal since now.

When I check the log I don't see anything excepted , rogue access point was detected and/or XXX was disconnected

is there a way I can copy / paste data of the controller and see what happened ?

When the system work good I am sleeping well , but there is some "weird problems" with this system that I don't know why sometimes it stop working and making me a little bit crazy.

Thanks for the answer/help

Kudos: 5
Solutions: 2

Re: System was working but crashed , need some advice

On a UPS?  That sounds like a power dip.

No UPS

Kudos: 4531
Solutions: 1178

Hello @dsirois,

What exactly do you mean with crashes?

Do you have a syslog server running?

Regards,

Glenn R.

Cloud Hosted Controllers | Glenn R. | UniFi Installation/Easy Update Scripts | UniFi-Video Installation Scripts | UniFi-VoIP Installation Scripts
USG-XG-8 • USG-4-PRO • USG
US-XG-16 • US-48-500W • US-24-POE-250W 2x • US-16-POE-150W 3x • US-24 • US-8-150W • US-8
UAP XG • UAP-SHD • UAP-HD • UAP-NanoHD 2x • UAP-AC-PRO 2x • UAP-AC-LITE • UAP-AC-IW • UAP-AC-M • UAP-AC-M-PRO 2x
UAS-XG • UCK-G2-PLUS • UCK-G2 • UCK

@AmazedMender16 wrote:

Hello @dsirois,

What exactly do you mean with crashes?

Do you have a syslog server running?

Regards,

Glenn R.

Hi @AmazedMender16

The system went down yesterday , first time since the system is running. The cloud access came offline and there was no internet access on site. They do a power cycle of the cloud key , switch and gateway and the system came back running for about an hour and freezed again. They did a power cycle again and now everything is running normal since that. I think this could be due to a power dip like @u_n_i_fabulous suggested.

And no , I don't have a syslog server running , should it be something interesting to build as the basic logs of the controller doesn't really mean something "clear" to understand or easy to decode ?

Thanks!

Kudos: 4531
Solutions: 1178

Hello @dsirois,

Could indeed be a power outage.

Syslog will catch the logs of the devices.

Regards,

Glenn R.

Cloud Hosted Controllers | Glenn R. | UniFi Installation/Easy Update Scripts | UniFi-Video Installation Scripts | UniFi-VoIP Installation Scripts
USG-XG-8 • USG-4-PRO • USG
US-XG-16 • US-48-500W • US-24-POE-250W 2x • US-16-POE-150W 3x • US-24 • US-8-150W • US-8
UAP XG • UAP-SHD • UAP-HD • UAP-NanoHD 2x • UAP-AC-PRO 2x • UAP-AC-LITE • UAP-AC-IW • UAP-AC-M • UAP-AC-M-PRO 2x
UAS-XG • UCK-G2-PLUS • UCK-G2 • UCK