Highlighted

Trouble with unifi ap and a client

I'm going out of ideas, here my problems:

I hava a unifi AP. I have about 10 devices connected and working well,

Only one windows 7 device give me problems. 

to connect this device i use an USB stick from tplink (wn823n). It ask password and says password error or impossibile to connect or connect and send or receive packet, only one, or send or receive and of course it is not possbile to use network, or doesn't take ip from dhcp.

I have tried with the same pc and device on another AP of another network not from UBIQUITI and work perfectly (my neighboor).

i have tried the same stick on another computer and connect perfectly to my ubiquiti network. 

I'm running out of options please give me some ideas.... (i don't want to format my pc) 

Kudos: 68
Solutions: 21

Re: Trouble with unifi ap and a client

Did you check for the latest firmware/driver on the computer?

What driver version is installed on the working device?

Greetings,

Mike

If the feedback solved your problem or question. Please mark it as solved. If it is worth some Kudo’s don’t forget to give some :-)

Re: Trouble with unifi ap and a client

Yes of course: i tried the driver on the CD, that is the same as last version from web support, but the working device is a windows 10 so it has a different release and is not accepted by windows 7.

I also tried to make a new SSID only for that device, accepting AES and tkip and wpa and wpa2, but doesn't work. it seems that the pc has something like a mac filter for the ap, or the ap has a mac filter but on the name of the pc. but I don't know how to check