Scheduled maintenance: Community will be offline Monday June 17th, 1:00 AM - 6:00 AM (PT)

Two AP wont adopt ssh refused

Hi All

Ive got 2 AP, had them about 10 months now.

Both are actually working! people are connecting and accessing the internet fine

But when i boot up the controller, it shows both AP with adoption failed, and i cant ssh into them (it says connection refused)

Ive tried manually adopting, and have reinstalled the controller software, and of course rebooting the AP.

I also tried turning the controller PC firewall off to ssh

Can anyone suggest what is going on? i am really concerned that the wifi will stop working and ill be unable to access anything.

Finally, both devices show up in unifi discover.

Thanks

Kudos: 4865
Solutions: 1287

Re: Two AP wont adopt ssh refused

[ Edited ]

Hello @trev1972,

Are you able to ping the UAPs?

Did you download a backup of your settings before reinstalling the controller software?

Regards,
Glenn R.

Cloud Hosted Controllers | Glenn R. | UniFi Installation/Easy Update Scripts | UniFi-Video Installation Scripts | UniFi-VoIP Installation Scripts
USG-XG-8 • USG-4-PRO • USG
US-XG-16 • US-48-500W • US-24-POE-250W 2x • US-16-POE-150W 3x • US-24 • US-8-150W • US-8
UAP XG • UAP-SHD • UAP-HD • UAP-NanoHD 2x • UAP-AC-PRO 2x • UAP-AC-LITE • UAP-AC-IW • UAP-AC-M • UAP-AC-M-PRO 2x
UAS-XG • UCK-G2-PLUS • UCK-G2 • UCK

Hi Glenn

No i didnt backup since i didnt have a working setup to backup. 

I can ping the AP fine yes

As the AP are both actually working i cant help thinking it is a firewall/port issue- but i just cant see it.

Thanks.

Hello @trev1972,

Since you don't have a backup of the settings of the controller....

Reset the UAPs and readopt them to the controller.

Make sure the firewall is disabled on the controller device...

You may have to set-inform to the controller ( via SSH ) after the reset.

set-inform http://ip.of.the.controller:8080/inform

Regards,

Glenn R.

Cloud Hosted Controllers | Glenn R. | UniFi Installation/Easy Update Scripts | UniFi-Video Installation Scripts | UniFi-VoIP Installation Scripts
US-XG-16 • US-48-500W • US-24-POE-250W 2x • US-16-POE-150W 3x • US-24 • US-8-150W • US-8
UAP XG • UAP-SHD • UAP-HD • UAP-NanoHD 2x • UAP-AC-PRO 2x • UAP-AC-LITE • UAP-AC-IW • UAP-AC-M • UAP-AC-M-PRO 2x

Thats worked on the first one i tried it on, thanks- although it wants me to update and i am reluctant to now!

Thanks

Just curious, is there any particular reason a web engine isnt built in? 

Highlighted

Hello @trev1972,

It’s enterprise gear... it will takeup resources of the devices.

Regards,

Glenn R.