Accepted Solution

UAP-AC-LR does not reset to factory defaults

Hi,

I just bought one UAP-AC-LR and I started playing with it to familiarize with its features and controls.

I loaded UNIFI Controller application on my Ubuntu box and made some temporary settings.

I now want to reset it to factory defaults, but i cannot find he right way.

This is what I did:

1. Press Forget button on UNIFI application

2. Hard reset via reset button (>15 seconds)

3. Adopt the device

It always come back with the previous settings.

I also tried to reset via SSH with syswrapper.sh restore-default and changed its dedicated IP address on my router at no avail.

Please note that the UAP is connected directly to a normal switch through the POE power unit and I havo no Cloud Key.

I must be doing something wrong.

Can you please help me solving this issue?

Accepted Solutions
SuperUser
Kudos: 2178
Solutions: 1084

Re: UAP-AC-LR does not reset to factory defaults

If not already done, try by re-flashing the firmware, make sure that the AP is no longer shown in the controller as 'Connected', (forget again it, in case), stop the controller (service unifi stop), and then, if the AP has internet access, via SSH

upgrade https://dl.ubnt.com/unifi/firmware/U7PG2/3.9.3.7537/BZ.qca956x.v3.9.3.7537.171013.1101.bin

Then, once upgraded, issue again the
syswrapper.sh restore-default

You should then access it using ubnt/ubnt
Cheers,
jonatha

View solution in original post

All Replies
Kudos: 179
Solutions: 22

@MaxCreg wrote:

Hi,

I just bought one UAP-AC-LR and I started playing with it to familiarize with its features and controls.

I loaded UNIFI Controller application on my Ubuntu box and made some temporary settings.

I now want to reset it to factory defaults, but i cannot find he right way.

This is what I did:

1. Press Forget button on UNIFI application

2. Hard reset via reset button (>15 seconds)

3. Adopt the device

It always come back with the previous settings.

I also tried to reset via SSH with syswrapper.sh restore-default and changed its dedicated IP address on my router at no avail.

Please note that the UAP is connected directly to a normal switch through the POE power unit and I havo no Cloud Key.

I must be doing something wrong.

Can you please help me solving this issue?

When you adopt the device, the controller is going to provision it with whatever settings you have configued in the controller.

Are you saying that you have since changed those settings, and the AP is not picking up the changes?

If so, SSH into the AP and try:

set-default

SuperUser
Kudos: 2178
Solutions: 1084

If not already done, try by re-flashing the firmware, make sure that the AP is no longer shown in the controller as 'Connected', (forget again it, in case), stop the controller (service unifi stop), and then, if the AP has internet access, via SSH

upgrade https://dl.ubnt.com/unifi/firmware/U7PG2/3.9.3.7537/BZ.qca956x.v3.9.3.7537.171013.1101.bin

Then, once upgraded, issue again the
syswrapper.sh restore-default

You should then access it using ubnt/ubnt
Cheers,
jonatha

Great stuff!
I flashed the new firmware and all seems to be working.