UAP-AC-M can discover cant configure

Hi,

new to the unifi system and i was under the impression that the ap ac mesh was a easy set up..... 35 hours later here i am. the problem is that i can not see the ap at all through the controler attached to the ap. tha controler is my computer and the ap is pluged in directly to the ethernet port on the back of course through the poe addapter. i use the crome extention discovery tool and i can wirelessly connect to the ap but i need to be able to enter config because i am trying to use this as a bridge. i have tried 3 diffrent firmwares the one that came on the device the newest one and one verision old none make a diffrence. this is happening to both ap that will be used as the bridge. in the discovery tool the name, ip and mac all show up fine but neither device gives a firmware version and the status is listed as unknown. and of course the action key dose nothing when i press it. i have factory reset the devices 4 times each all passwords are off as far as i can tell. no i can not access it through ssh or through my internet browser.

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Established Member
Kudos: 131
Solutions: 43

Re: UAP-AC-M can discover cant configure

[ Edited ]

Welcome to the forum @jackklovski

Can give us more info about you're setup?

Do you use a network switch where the AP's are connected to an also you're computer (controller)?

Is the router/modem also connected to this switch?

Can you tell us what the controller version is that you've used?

Cheers,

Mike

If the feedback solved your problem or question. Please mark it as solved. If it is worth some Kudo’s don’t forget to give some :-)
Established Member
Kudos: 354
Solutions: 33

Can you please post a screenshot of the controller screen showing the status of the AP-AC-M? 

Kudos: 2912
Solutions: 791

Hello @jackklovski,

Welcome to the community!

Why do you have the UAP plugged in directly into your PC?
If you want to do this you will have to set a static IP in the 192.168.1.1/24 subnet. ( gateway your UAP 192.168.1.20 )

Regards,

Glenn R.

Cloud Hosted Controllers | Glenn R. | UniFi Installation/Easy Update Scripts | UniFi-VoIP Installation Scripts
USG-4-PRO • USG
USW-48-500W • USW-24-POE-250W 2x • USW-16-POE-150W 3x • USW-24 • USW-8-150W • USW-8
UAP XG • UAP-SHD • UAP-HD • UAP-NanoHD • UAP-AC-PRO 2x • UAP-AC-LITE • UAP-AC-IW • UAP-AC-M
UCK-G2-PLUS • UCK-G2 • UCK