04-25-2016 12:17 AM
I need help understading how UAPs Channel Selection/Inteference work (inluding auto channel selection)
Last night one of my UAP-AC-PRO restarted.
Port 0/3 is where the UAP-AC-PRO is connected in the US-48-500
When I look ind the log it states:
- Apr 25 01:49:50 Z.Z.Z.Z ("U7PG2: ,802aa810XXXX,v184.108.40.20640") kernel: [19748.800000] Too much interference, Trying to change channels
- Apr 25 01:49:58 Z.Z.Z.Z ("US48P500: ,44d9e7f5YYYY,v220.127.116.1119") switch: TRAPMGR: Link Down: 0/3
Apr 25 at 1:50 AM
- Apr 25 01:50:00 Z.Z.Z.Z ("US48P500: ,44d9e7f5YYYY,v18.104.22.16819") switch: TRAPMGR: Link Up: 0/3
The UAP-AC-PRO is set to manual Channel 11 and Signal Strength "Medium" 13dBm. (see picture)
After reboot the UAP-AC-PRO have been assigned Channel 6 (but the configuration still states "Manual 11")
- Does the UAP still change channels, even if channels are manually configured?
- Does the UAP changes channels, with the method of rebooting the entire AP? (including 5Ghz radio)
- If question 1 is true; How often is the UAP scanning for intereference?
- If question 1 is true; Can this inteference/auto channel change be disabled or scheduled? (it's not cool to reboot during productions hours)
- If "auto channel is selected", what is the answers to question 2, 3 and 4?
Thanks in advance
08-18-2016 05:02 AM
EveryLayer - Broadband for Billions