Solutions: 1
Accepted Solution

UAP AC Pro needs daily reboot for TV streaming

Hi all,

I have been a passive user of the forum so far (means just reading and learning).

I do have a small home network setup with 2 UAP AC Pros, a CloudKey, a D-Link 1210-10P as the PoE+ source and a D-Link 1210-16 as the main switch. Internet connection ist a 100/50 Mbit VDSL connected by a Draytek 2860LTE router (but not relevant to my question, I guess). 

I am using SAT>IP streaming, which works very nice with our Smart TV (wich is wire connected; streaming mainly HD quality) and the mobile devives (iPad, iPhones; streaming SD quality). 

But I do have problems streaming to an iMac as a wireless client (5G, RSSI -52dbm, 450 Mbit/s TX/RX): SD streaming (720x576; data rate between about 3 and 6 Mbps) works well, but HD streaming (1280x720 pixels, data rate between about 8 and 14 Mbps) becomes bumpy after some time. No other clients are using that AP at the same time. After a reboot of the AP HD streaming is fine again but becomes worse after a few hours. 

Any ideas? 

Thanks!

Dirk

Accepted Solutions

Re: UAP AC Pro needs daily reboot for TV streaming

For the records: Problem seems to be some strange interferences between UAP, Sat>IP-Server (Selfsat Antenna) and the D-Link Switches (I guess the last one is the culprit). I moved the Selfsat and the UAP to the Draytek router/switch ports (with PoE injectors) and everything seems fine now.

Have now idea what's happened there since neither syslogs nor monitoring data gives a clue.

I would go for an USW instead of the D-Links but I need MAC based ACLs. 

Thanks for your support! 

View solution in original post

All Replies
Established Member
Kudos: 115
Solutions: 23

Can you post some configuration settings? Best is to post the show system config info (which can be found at Settings, Maintenance)

Controller (5.10.19): CK 0.13.4
Unifi (4.0.24.10010): UAP-AC-IW-Pro, UAP-AC-LR, UAP-AC-M & USW8-60W (4.0.21.9965)

Better WiFi coverage is not achieved by increasing transmission power, but by increasing the number of accesspoints.

Hi,

sure, see screenshot below. Can I provide any further information?

iMac is connected to "WLAN-KBW_DG". The other access point is 2 stories away. 

I upgraded recently to FW 3.8.3 in order to test whether this would solve the problem (coming from 3.7.58 with exactly the same behavior). 

SysConf.png

Thanks!

Dirk

Established Member
Kudos: 164
Solutions: 50

Use non-overlapping channels 1, 6, or 11 for 2.4ghz.  What channel width are you using for 5ghz?

@nu2ubiq wrote:

Use non-overlapping channels 1, 6, or 11 for 2.4ghz.  What channel width are you using for 5ghz?

Thanks!

Do the (non)-overlapping channels for 2.4GHz also have an impact on 5 GHz (which is used in this case)?

For 5 Ghz I am using VHT80 (so I can use iOS devices, which refused to work with VHT40). 

Established Member
Kudos: 164
Solutions: 50

[ Edited ]

No. The overlapping channels you are using is causing your 2.4ghz user's and, most likely affecting your neighbour's 2.4ghz traffic / stability, introducing radio interference.. Move one of the AP's 5ghz channels to 132 and see if that is better. You have both AP's at 80 mhz - one starting at 100 and the other starting at 104, which can be clobbering each other.. They are both in the same 80mhz channel grouping. Also watch your AP TX overlap. You don't want to have the channle signals so hot that there is too much overlap. 

@nu2ubiq wrote:

No. The overlapping channels you are using is causing your 2.4ghz user's and, most likely affecting your neighbour's 2.4ghz traffic / stability, introducing radio interference.. Move one of the AP's 5ghz channels to 132 and see if that is better. You have both AP's at 80 mhz - one starting at 100 and the other starting at 104, which can be clobbering each other.. They are both in the same 80mhz channel grouping. Also watch your AP TX overlap. You don't want to have the channle signals so hot that there is too much overlap. 

DFS 128 is the highest available in my region. So I moved to DFS 64 and 128. Will check and report.

Thanks!

Unfortunately same behavior with the new channel settings. After a some time (often less than an hour), streaming gets bumby, after a reboot of the AP everything is fine again (for some time).

For the records: Problem seems to be some strange interferences between UAP, Sat>IP-Server (Selfsat Antenna) and the D-Link Switches (I guess the last one is the culprit). I moved the Selfsat and the UAP to the Draytek router/switch ports (with PoE injectors) and everything seems fine now.

Have now idea what's happened there since neither syslogs nor monitoring data gives a clue.

I would go for an USW instead of the D-Links but I need MAC based ACLs. 

Thanks for your support!