Upcoming Maintenance Alert:

The UBNT Community will be upgraded at 5pm MDT on April 25th. During this time the community forums will be set to read-only status.

Learn more

UAP-AP-Pro not getting PoE power from EdgeSwitch

I'm not quite sure if this is an issue with my UAPs or the EdgeSwitch that's supplying PoE, but here goes.

About two weeks ago, one of my UAP-AC-Pro's appeared to die. I removed it from the network and attempted to plug it directly into the switch with a <1m CAT6 cable and it wouldn't start flashing and the switch poe light didn't come on. I then tried a UAP-AC v2 in the original patch the AC-Pro was using, and it powered up immediately, leading me to believe that the AC-Pro was faulty. I ordered a replacement and installed the new one in place and it is now working correctly.

Today, a different AC-Pro has exhibited the same issue. I attempted the same troubleshooting steps and came to the same conclusion. This time, however, I also plugged the AC-Pro directly into one of the Ubiquiti PoE adapters and it powered up immediately. I checked my previously "broken" AC-Pro and it booted up as well!

I attempted to plug both AC-Pro's into three separate EdgeSwitch PoE switches, all with 54V auto mode enabled, and none of them will power up the AC-Pro. Via the EdgeSwitch CLI, they show the following for these AC-Pro's:

(UBNT EdgeSwitch) #show poe status all
Intf      Detection      Class   Consumed(W) Voltage(V) Current(mA) Temperature(C) --------- -------------- ------- ----------- ---------- ----------- -------------- 0/1 Good Class0 4.34 52.76 82.39 41 ... 0/9       R Sig Too Low  Unknown        0.00       0.00        0.00             41 ... 0/11 Good Class4 9.49 52.50 180.78 41

Where 0/1 is another AC-Pro of the same batch as my broken two, 0/9 is one of the broken ones and 0/11 is the brand new one I recently installed.

I have tried looking around for 'R Sig Too Low' but can't find any useful information.

Any help please? I'd really rather not have to replace yet another UAP-AC-Pro when they seem to actually work fine - I just can't figure out what this means and if there's some way around it that doesn't involve using PoE adapters instead of my perfectly good PoE switches.

Thanks,

Nick

Kudos: 2

Re: UAP-AP-Pro not getting PoE power from EdgeSwitch

Resurrecting an old topic but I'm hitting the same issue now too.

I have the same problems with the UAP AC Pro with the US-16-150W switch. 

Ubiquiti staff opening admit a defect with the lan port on the AP.  Worse, they currently deny my request for a new unit even though its not and end user error at all, but a clear defective product on their part.

https://community.ubnt.com/t5/UniFi-Routing-Switching/US-16-150W-does-not-want-to-adopt-wired-AC-Pro...

SuperUser
Kudos: 1951
Solutions: 390

epicurean wrote:

I have the same problems with the UAP AC Pro with the US-16-150W switch. 

Ubiquiti staff opening admit a defect with the lan port on the AP.  Worse, they currently deny my request for a new unit even though its not and end user error at all, but a clear defective product on their part.

https://community.ubnt.com/t5/UniFi-Routing-Switching/US-16-150W-does-not-want-to-adopt-wired-AC-Pro...

Are you sure it's exactly the same problem you're facing? I mean those are different switches, even different lines, and if the problem isn' exactly the same, then they can't be treated as such.

Paging @UBNT-Brandon to take a look at this.

Redcon IT Solutions - Florianópolis/SC/Brazil -www.redcon.com.br
To my mind it appears that the difficulty is only imaginary and not real. Rigidity and plasticity are not absolute terms but relative, and all solids are in fact both rigid and plastic. The apparent contrast between the two properties belongs to the laboratory and to those phenomena of nature involving small masses and small forces. When great masses and great forces are involved, as for example in the making of continents and mountain chains, the distinction loses value. - Grove Karl Gilbert
Ubiquiti Employee
Kudos: 4762
Solutions: 197

We'll reach out soon to see what's going on and get you taken care of.
Want to try out new features or fixes before they're released as Stable? Sign up for Beta here: https://help.ubnt.com/hc/en-us/articles/204908664-How-To-Signup-for-Beta-Access

Any update or info on this, I've just had yet another AP fail in exactly the same manner. I'd *really* prefer to not have to replace these APs.