Accepted Solution

UAP Pro Circular Boots after provisioning is complete

I have a controller 2.4.5 running 20 UAP pros spead across a L3 Network, all working fine. i have come to install 6 more recently and found after provisioning or sometimes upgrading them the new waps begin circular booting and become uncontactable. No ping reply etc when set to static or dhcp address. 

When the WAP is plugged directly in to a POE Switch and using SSH to adopt the UAP Pro's (best method for me to adopt them), they have successfully adopted however take them to the point where the waps are being hung (approx 40m) , the waps circular boot. I have 2 other waps connected from the same switch at a similar distance working fine ruling out Switch POE depleting over length of line. i have also tried unplugging the two working WAPs two confirm. take them back to the switch they provision and connect

I have tried putting the injector in WAP point side of the cable and switch side and no change. by my understanding this rules out POE issue

swapped a working wap with a non working wap. this wap also circular booted raising my suspicion that the cable was at fault.

put the non working wap in place of the working wap and it connected which i thought narrowed it down to the cable between the switch and the end point

I then had the guys who did my cabling back in who have run tests on all the lines they installed and have retested each line. to clarify they originally ran 8 lines which 3 of them provision and connect the waps to the controller. Each line came back a certified pass (none were marginal passes)

Any advice would be greatly appreciated and feel free to ask any questions

Thanks

Paul

Accepted Solutions
Ubiquiti Employee
Kudos: 11229
Solutions: 588
Contributions: 20

Re: UAP Pro Circular Boots after provisioning is complete

Hi Paul,

Are any of the devices wirelessly uplinked? If not, try disabling the connectivity monitor (Settings>System>Connectivity Monitor). There was 1 case I saw recently (an odd issue) where provisioned devices would reboot then become unresponsive/boot loop. Not sure if this will solve the issue, but I would think it's worth trying (as long as there are no wireless uplinked UAPs).

Also note that I'd recommend using 2.4.6, as there are commits specific to UAP-Pro stability. 

Let me know either way.

Thanks,
Mike

View solution in original post

All Replies
Ubiquiti Employee

Hi Paul,

Are any of the devices wirelessly uplinked? If not, try disabling the connectivity monitor (Settings>System>Connectivity Monitor). There was 1 case I saw recently (an odd issue) where provisioned devices would reboot then become unresponsive/boot loop. Not sure if this will solve the issue, but I would think it's worth trying (as long as there are no wireless uplinked UAPs).

Also note that I'd recommend using 2.4.6, as there are commits specific to UAP-Pro stability. 

Let me know either way.

Thanks,
Mike

Kudos: 118
Solutions: 4

I've had this happen on DHCP provisioned units.  Moving them to static solved the problem.

-Phil 

Mike

Thank you for your support. Upgrading to 2.4.6 worked and made a noticable difference in AP stability

Paul

Ubiquiti Employee

Hi Paul,

You're welcome! Glad to hear that solved your issues.

Cheers,
Mike