Highlighted

UAP Throughput

I've been making some changes to our home network as we are moving a company into part of the house and will be using the network here. 

When testing throughput from the Edgerouter X to various points, im finding that my 3 UAP units are maxing out at ~30mbps. 

Most other routes in the house are near their capacity. 

The house is ~4700sqft, two story plus basement with 9-20 wireless devices (~48 devices total wired and wireless). 

Is 30mbps about the cap on these units?

Established Member
Kudos: 155
Solutions: 47

Re: UAP Throughput

First, is that 30Mbps or 30mbps.

Please take a screenshot of this page and post it here:

Settings>Maintenance>Show System Config

Here are the settings for the APs. Network backbone is 2 TP-Link smart switches

settings.jpg
Established Member
Kudos: 155
Solutions: 47

So, those are the OLD 2.4 ghz 100mb ethernet APs. I still have one too. You aren't going to see big throughput on those, especially if you have any interference in the area. I would quite honesly say it's time to upgrade. My old AP is out in my shop, and it does fine out there, mainly because I'm in the country and there is only one AP anywhere near me other than my own, but unless you have the same situation, it is time to get off 2.4 and move to 5. You could start with a single AP-AC-Lite where you need the speed, it doesn't like you need to support many clients, and see how that goes.

Kudos: 1396
Solutions: 418

Hello @ccnstech,

You could disable the Uplink Connectivity Monitor, if may help a little. ( but 30mbps is about what you will see with 20 devices on 2.4GHz, if you want more speed get NEW UAPs that support 5GHz and have a 1GbE ( Requires a 1GbE switch aswell ) )

Settings > Site > Uplink Connectivity Monitor

Regards,

Glenn R.

Professional Services | Cloud Hosted Controllers | Glenn R. | UniFi Installation Scripts | UniFi Easy Update Script | UniFi-Video Installation Scripts
USG-4-PRO • USG
USW-24-POE-250W 2x • USW-16-POE-150W • USW-24 • USW-8-150W • USW-8
UAP-SHD • UAP-HD • UAP-NanoHD • UAP-AC-PRO 2x • UAP-AC-LITE • UAP-AC-IW • UAP-AC-M
UCK-G2 • UCK