Kudos: 1

UNIFI AP-AC-PRO Disconnect Same hour every day

Hi,

We need some help, we have 2 remote sites with  Wlan unifi AP - AC - PRos,

They disconnect from the controller almost every day at same hour, someone know why it should happen?

Ap disconnected.PNGAP2 disconnected.PNG

Highlighted
Kudos: 40
Solutions: 7

Re: UNIFI AP-AC-PRO Disconnect Same hour every day

I've seen this, although not every AP, on all models we've used including AP-AC-v2 and the Pros. 

Personally I think it is a false reading as the APs never actually go offline but just lose communication with the controller for some reason.

Kudos: 1

that was what im thinking intil now, 1 of them (AP3 Teclabs), was really disconnected, but after a ping to him, he comes to live again...

this is a new implementation, and im a little consern about it. 

Kudos: 6

in Germany this would not be a bug but a feature (for retail customers). There is always a daily forced disconnect (mostly the IP is changed then, but not always). I've heard two reasons for that. One around difference in service level (if you order a business tariff you get a fixed IP and no daily disconnect). The other reason was something weird about data privacy (IPs should not be traceable to a certain customer) which has not convinced me up to now. 

Im my case the USG is doing a failover to the 2nd WAN provider and back to the first WAN provider a few mins later. Maybe you are facing similar with whatever line you are using to connect the sites.