Highlighted
Kudos: 20
Solutions: 4

USG syslog cleanup questions..

Sorry for what might be a noob question, but since I am a relative noob.....

In my USG syslogs (sent to remote server) I keep seeeing the following messages relating to my Cloud Key.

The IP listed in the error (1.187) is NOT in my USG's /etc/hosts file.. 

When I first configured my home network, I let the CK default to DHCP (192.16.8.187) as you see in the msg below.

I have since set all my Unifi devices to static IP's, outside the DHCP client range, yet keep getting this msg..

I have NOT gone into the CK and changed anything yet..

"uid lease 192.168.1.187 for client 78:8a:20:xx:xx:xx is duplicate on net_LAN_192.168.1.0-24"

And.. I see a LOT of these and I assume the msg is related to the one above as the IP is the STATIC one I assigned thru the Controller software.
"ace_reporter.reporter_fail(): Server Busy (http://192.168.1.*:8080/inform)"

Can I assume I need to make a change to the CK "configuration mode" to fix?

image.png

Thanks in advance.

Re: USG syslog cleanup questions..

Well,

I switched it over to Static in the CK..   I'll see what happens..

Kudos: 121
Solutions: 33

You can leave the CK at defaults as none of those settings take effect when the Controller pushes out settings. They are fallback settings in the event something is reset and you can still access the CK at that IP. The Controller software configures the entire network with the settings you choose.

The error is likely from another device on the network that has the same IP or the DHCP server in the USG is attempting to give out the IP and it's taken. You can set a static IP outside the DHCP range to prevent this.

In the Controller software you need to click on Clients, Cloud Key, Configuration, Network, tick off Use fixed IP address and select an IP in the subnet but outside the DHCP range. By default the USG sets 192.168.1.6 - 254 for DHCP leases and you can use 192.168.1.2 - 5 to assign static IP's (4 IP's to use for static). If you need more just change the DHCP range to something like 192.168.1.20 - 254 and you will have 19 static IP's 1.1 is always taken by the USG.

[ Edited ]

Thanks for the advice, but that's EXACTLY what I have done in the controller and the CK HAS a static IP outside the DHCP range - "click on Clients, Cloud Key, Configuration, Network, tick off Use fixed IP address and select an IP in the subnet but outside the DHCP range. "

However, the USG is giving me this errror where the MAC in the msg is the MAC of the CK implying it's still trying to lease it.

"uid lease 192.168.1.187 for client 78:8a:20:xx:xx:xx is duplicate on net_LAN_192.168.1.0-24"

That IP is the original DHCP assigned to the CK (192.168.1.187) during setup and BEFORE I gave it a static IP. It being held somewhere and not released. I can't find where that is so I can release it. The USG hosts file does NOT have it..

That IP is NOT in use anywhere, so I need to figure out where to release it, so it can be used elsewhere.

Emerging Member
Kudos: 3
Solutions: 1

Hi cfsuser,
have you figured out what triggers the error and how to fix it?

After digging in my logs, I notice exactly the same kind of messages. Interestingly, different clients are affected and they can create multiple identical log lines in the same second.

Regards, Marco

Been buried on other things, so no.. have not looked at what triggers it..
Turned off my logs to prevent the constant notifications. . need to restart and see if the latest upgrades solved it Man Happy