Kudos: 2
Solutions: 2
Accepted Solution

Unable to Login to Unifi Controller

Hello

First time to configure a UniFi AP AC PRO, and I have only utilized Draytek and such UIs before.

When I install UniFi I get prompted to start launch the browser as in the manual:

unifi controller software manual.JPG

Yet when I launch it I don't get to the select language and country page, but I get to this page:

login manual browser.JPG

And my general Ubuiquiti

Accepted Solutions

Re: Unable to Login to Unifi Controller

Hello Kerat

Thanks for the support.

What ended up being the solution was to uninstall UniFi controller and delete the settings, and then re-installing it.

I installed UniFi controller a few months back and it seams that was causing some hickups.

Thanks for offering a solution!

View solution in original post

All Replies
Emerging Member
Kudos: 22
Solutions: 3

I had a problem similar to this in a Linux installation I did.  For me the Unifi Setup Wizard wouldnt' start on the application's initial startup.  Have you tried checking your controller log file?  In linux you can run the command "sudo tail /var/log/unifi/server.log".  In my case the mongoDB had to be pointed to the unifi application's DB location. 

Hello Kerat

Thanks for the support.

What ended up being the solution was to uninstall UniFi controller and delete the settings, and then re-installing it.

I installed UniFi controller a few months back and it seams that was causing some hickups.

Thanks for offering a solution!

I have a similar problem I think. When I get the login screen I cant login no matter what log in creds I use. I uninstalled and reinstalled the software but no help. Any ideas where to turn?

I'm having the same issue.  I'm about to remove it from my network all together!

Kudos: 31
Solutions: 4

are you using the default login id and password ?? ubnt/ubnt

Yes, I tried ubnt for both ID and password, but still unable to get logged in.

Thanks!

I also uninstalled the controller software, and downloaded the latest, and still was unable to log in. Also set it up on my iphone, but that didn't work either.

I struggled with this for awhile... here's what solved it:

1) When setting up your new device, it asks for your name and email address. This email address becomes the "superadmin username" for your device

2) When also setting up your new device, it asks for a superadmin password. This is the password you'll want to use.

3) When also setting up your device, you type in an SSID and SSID password. Just remember this when you want to connect to your network (but don't use it when logging in to https://localhost:8443/manage)

4) When also setting up your device, you type in yet another password (client password???) Just remember this.

So, use the email address and your superadmin password when logging in to https://localhost:8443/manage ... that should hopefully worked (it worked for me and took a ton of guessing).