Unable to connect to my guest vlan

Hello,

I try to add Guest WIFI (i have Unifia UAP AC PRO x10 with the windows server controller) but when i loggin to my guest wifi, my laptop take appipa IP (168.254.x.x).

In Unifi controller => Networks i already create my guest network on the good VLAN but it doesn't work

Do you have any idea ?

Thanks in advance

ubiquiti network.png

Kudos: 2217
Solutions: 640

Re: Unable to connect to my guest vlan

Hello @guillaume-cap,

Welcome to the community!

This requires a USG.

Create the VLAN on your existing router..

Regards,

Glenn R.

Cloud Hosted Controllers | Glenn R. | UniFi Installation/Easy Update Scripts | UniFi-Video Installation/Easy Update Scripts | UniFi-VoIP Installation Scripts
USG-4-PRO • USG
USW-48-500W • USW-24-POE-250W 2x • USW-16-POE-150W 3x • USW-24 • USW-8-150W • USW-8
UAP XG • UAP-SHD • UAP-HD • UAP-NanoHD • UAP-AC-PRO 2x • UAP-AC-LITE • UAP-AC-IW • UAP-AC-M
UCK-G2-PLUS • UCK-G2 • UCK

Hi,

In my router i have already this vlan :

I have 1 cisco (with the good vlan) and 1 firewall OPNSense with that VLAN

But in don't know why my unifi don't recover the correct IP

Hello @guillaume-cap,

Tag the VLANs to the port of your switch, the network tab only works if you have a USW/USG

Regards,

Glenn R.

Cloud Hosted Controllers | Glenn R. | UniFi Installation/Easy Update Scripts | UniFi-Video Installation/Easy Update Scripts | UniFi-VoIP Installation Scripts
USG-4-PRO • USG
USW-48-500W • USW-24-POE-250W 2x • USW-16-POE-150W 3x • USW-24 • USW-8-150W • USW-8
UAP XG • UAP-SHD • UAP-HD • UAP-NanoHD • UAP-AC-PRO 2x • UAP-AC-LITE • UAP-AC-IW • UAP-AC-M

I have 4 VLAN :

VLAN 1 : for users

VLAN 10 : Guest

VLAN 11 : Guest (with another ip range)

VLAN 20 : partners

Do you know if i can add many vlan for one port ? (my Unifi controller is installed on a virtual machine) 

Thanks

Hello @guillaume-cap,

Yes you can tag multiple VLANs per port... what switch are you using?

Regards,

Glenn R.

USG-4-PRO • USG

I have Cisco SG200-50FP POE 

Hello @guillaume-cap,

Okay.. you have to create the VLANs on the switch and tag the required VLANs to the port of the UAP, these VLANs also need to be tagged on the uplink port..

Regards,

Glenn R.

USG-4-PRO • USG

It's ok, i tag my port for all VLAN (1, 10 , 11 and 20).

I have already deleted all my networks, i created my SSID : Guest1 on the Vlan 10 but i have the same issue, when i try to launch ipconfig /renew on my lapton i have "DHCP Server unreachable"

Hello @guillaume-cap,

Could you post your switchport configuration?

Does a STATIC IP work?

Regards,

Glenn R.

USG-4-PRO • USG

when i setup static ip on my laptop it doesn't work

Hello @guillaume-cap,

Something is wrong with your Cisco setup...

Regards,

Glenn R.

USG-4-PRO • USG

I hae Cisco wifi controller and it's work fine, this is strange

Hello @guillaume-cap,

Post your switch port configurations, also let us know whats used for uplink and what for the UAP.

Have you tried a power cycle of the UAP?

Port shutdown/no shutdown? 

Regards,

Glenn R.

USG-4-PRO • USG

@AmazedMender16 thanks for all, i solved the issue, my network port was nos tagged for the UAP.. 

I tagged it and everything is OK now Man Wink

Highlighted

Hello @guillaume-cap,

Awesome, thanks for reporting back!

Regards,

Glenn R.

USG-4-PRO • USG