Kudos: 2

Unable to reach printer from single UAP

Hi,

I've been trying to resolve a strange issue for the past week or so.  I have a network of 9 UAPs (mix of Nanos and AC-M) that all run on identical settings.  I have three Unifi switches in the mix, an UCK-G2 and a USG.  All devices are on the latest production firmware.  I have a non-wireless printer that supports network printing (via ethernet) attached to one of the switches.  It works, with one exception.  If a device is associated to a particular UPA (one of the AC-Ms), it is unable to access the printer.  If the device roams to any of the other 8 UAPs, printing will commence.  Everything else seems to work fine when associated to this particular UAP.

Any ideas?  I have double and triple checked the settings on the UAPs, and aside from channel and minimum RSSI, I don't see anything different or out of the ordinary that would cause this issue.  

Thanks in advance for your help.

Kudos: 4558
Solutions: 1186

Re: Unable to reach printer from single UAP

Hello @stlblufan,

Are you using any VLANs?

Do you have Multicast and Broadcast filtering turned on?

Regards,

Glenn R.

Cloud Hosted Controllers | Glenn R. | UniFi Installation/Easy Update Scripts | UniFi-Video Installation Scripts | UniFi-VoIP Installation Scripts
USG-XG-8 • USG-4-PRO • USG
US-XG-16 • US-48-500W • US-24-POE-250W 2x • US-16-POE-150W 3x • US-24 • US-8-150W • US-8
UAP XG • UAP-SHD • UAP-HD • UAP-NanoHD 2x • UAP-AC-PRO 2x • UAP-AC-LITE • UAP-AC-IW • UAP-AC-M • UAP-AC-M-PRO 2x
UAS-XG • UCK-G2-PLUS • UCK-G2 • UCK

Hi @AmazedMender16,

Thank you for your reply. I do have a VLAN, but only for my guest network (which I am not on). I do have Multicast and Broadcast filtering turned on. I have tried turning it off, but that made no difference in my ability to reach the printer from this UAP.

I think I am going to wire the UAP (it's in mesh mode currently) and see if that makes a difference. Otherwise, I am totally at a loss.

Thanks!

Hello @stlblufan,

Keep me posted!

Are you able to ping the printer from the UAP?

Regards,

Glenn R.

Cloud Hosted Controllers | Glenn R. | UniFi Installation/Easy Update Scripts | UniFi-Video Installation Scripts | UniFi-VoIP Installation Scripts
US-XG-16 • US-48-500W • US-24-POE-250W 2x • US-16-POE-150W 3x • US-24 • US-8-150W • US-8
UAP XG • UAP-SHD • UAP-HD • UAP-NanoHD 2x • UAP-AC-PRO 2x • UAP-AC-LITE • UAP-AC-IW • UAP-AC-M • UAP-AC-M-PRO 2x

@AmazedMender16,

I will let you know. It might take a couple of days, I'm awaiting the arrival of a push rod to help snake the cabling to this UAP.

I have been able to ping the printer, but it is not consistent. Sometimes the first ping (or two) works and then the requests timeout, other times the ping fails entirely. I'd think it was the printer itself but it works fine when accessed from anywhere else on the network.

Hello @stlblufan,

Hmm, have you tried moving the UAP around?

Anyway, update me in a few days!

Regards,

Glenn R.

Hi @AmazedMender16,

Amazon came through with the wire pusher a little faster than I expected. Anyway, the printer works fine with clients connected to the hard-wired UAP-AC-M. I really have no idea what the issue was or could have been, but I guess I don't care now. Strange, though, these kinds of things keep me up at night, lol.

Thank you for your help.

Hello @stlblufan,

They are printers, that says enough Man Tongue

Glad everything is working on a wired connection!

Regards,

Glenn R.