Upcoming Maintenance Alert:

The UBNT Community will be upgraded at 5pm MDT on April 25th. During this time the community forums will be set to read-only status.

Learn more

Kudos: 3
Solutions: 1

Re: UniFi 5.6.16 Stable Candidate has been released

[ Edited ]

I am in charge of the schools that i manage, as for "stop proxying the management lan" The proxy is at the state level,
All schools in the state have a WAN connection, i can't simply un proxy it when there is no direct internet pathway,
This isn't a home network lan which it seems this is what the controller is shifting too : /

I also don't understand why Proxy support is a big deal to get supported,

I was starting to reccomend the Unifi switches and line to my other fellow Techs at other schools due to how easy to manage and keep up to date, now it seems they are the same as the rest of them, i want to keep reccomending them but if breaking support/ ease of use so we don't confuse a few people is the meantality for products, im hesitant 

EDIT, i just read how the caching is supposed to work and the new firmware managment, i think this will solve the issue, and make it easier, looking foward to seeing how it works

Kudos: 34
Solutions: 3

@sveken For now I'd look into modifying bundles.json, which should restore the previous behavior of pushing firmware from the controller. I don't have any specific instructions myself, but there are some forum threads with instructions for modifying that file.

Kudos: 5

[ Edited ]

I did update to 5.6.16 and now I have STUN Communication Failed on all my devices.

1.PNG

I have tried to re-start the controller and also restart my devices, how do I fix this?
I have the USG3P, USW and the APacPro.

Yes, the port is opend.

re-provision don't help.
I have tried reboot the controller

I have tried reboot the devices

It did work perfeclty the moment before I did update to 5.6.16 and nothing else has been updated or change so the issue is with the update I guess.

Some information from the "/etc/persistent/cfg/mgmt" file inside the AP.

mgmt.is_default=false
mgmt.led_enabled=false
mgmt.cfgversion=9bac972ef0a4d39f
mgmt.authkey=7977184465D72591585FB0E4ECF3C813
mgmt.selfrun_guest_mode=pass
mgmt.capability=notif
mgmt.servers.1.url=http://192.168.234.16:8080/inform
stun_url=stun://192.168.234.16/
mgmt_url=https://192.168.234.16:8443/manage/site/default
Emerging Member
Kudos: 11

Ensure UDP (not TCP) port 3478 is opened on all firewalls between the device and the controller (for me that was Windows firewall on the controller, and Azure firewall where I hots the controller).

You will notice instance provisioning and settings applications once you resolve this.

Strange, I did have the TCP port open but it did work with the previus version of the Controller.
When I did change it to UDP everything started to work, thanks.

In the NTP option can I just write in : se.pool.ntp.org and the ntp server search trough every server in that pool?

Or do I need to write it like 0.se.pool.ntp.org , 1.se.pool.ntp.org etc.?

Kudos: 727
Solutions: 131

@sveken Have a look at this thread where another user explains how he tackled the issue of bundling firmware:

https://community.ubnt.com/t5/UniFi-Wireless/UniFi-5-6-16-sucessfully-integrated-latest-AP-firmwares...

This could easily be scripted of course...

When you receive a solution to your question/issue, don't forget to mark your thread as "solved" and to give kudo's to the people who have helped you out!
Check out my UniFi API browser tool on GitHub. A standalone version of the PHP API client which it uses, can be found here on GitHub.
Established Member
Kudos: 460
Solutions: 48

rjohansson wrote:

Perhaps it'd be good to read the usage notes when using these pools?

http://www.pool.ntp.org/en/use.html

Kudos: 3

slooffmaster wrote:

@sveken Have a look at this thread where another user explains how he tackled the issue of bundling firmware:

https://community.ubnt.com/t5/UniFi-Wireless/UniFi-5-6-16-sucessfully-integrated-latest-AP-firmwares...

This could easily be scripted of course...

Thank you very much, when it hits stable, this will be the first thing i try i think.

I don't understand what you mean?
I have been reading the article and I can't understand what your meaning?
Kudos: 6

Notifications do not work in this release for me.

After upgrading to 5.6.16 whern I set certain events to receive email and press "Apply" my selections are cleared when I visit the page later.

There are (by default) several categories that have mail flag checked.

No mails are effectivly transmitted neither when I make some testings.

My mailsettings are correct, a test-mail arrives good.

Highlighted
SuperUser
Kudos: 3045
Solutions: 295

vincent_florin wrote:

"Allow configure 8 SSIDs per radio" WOW! :-)

Turn on 8 SSIDs and "wow" won't be what your thinking about your wifi performance Man Happy

It's nice that UBNT is allowing people to shoot their feet off if they want to, but I'm not looking forward to the "My wifi performance is horrible, Unifi is awful" that will inevitably show up here in the forums.

When you receive a solution to your question/issue, don't forget to mark your thread as solved and to give kudo's to the people who have helped you out!

Having wifi problems? Take a look here first: https://help.ubnt.com/hc/en-us/articles/221029967-UniFi-Debugging-Intermittent-Connectivity-Issues-on-your-UAP

What is this about: 

• Add Outdoor / Indoor Switch.
Kudos: 6
Solutions: 2

rjohansson wrote:

This.

[ Edited ]

Hi,
I have exactly the same pb after I did update to 5.6.16,now I have STUN Communication Failed on all my devices.
i have a L3 controller, everything worked fine with 5.5.20 and Port 3478 UDP is opened. i try to reboot the controller, the devices, upagrade devices firmware.. What can i do more ?

Thus Said, can you explain me the Auto Upgrade feature ?! knowing that controller is not bundled with firwmare anymore, no devices has been upgraded after the controlle upgrade...

The firwmare upgrade have to be made manually now ?!

Established Member
Kudos: 542
Solutions: 6

The firmware upgrade process was not very well thought out.
Kudos: 217
Solutions: 29

>>Thus Said, can you explain me the Auto Upgrade feature ?! knowing that controller is not bundled with firwmare anymore, no >>devices has been upgraded after the controlle upgrade...
>>The firwmare upgrade have to be made manually now ?!
The only difference is that the files will be downloaded from the internet. The versions listed in the release notes are the latest ones at the time of publishing. So that when that controller version is installed, devices will be compared against that list. If the devices have an older version, they will be identified as having an update available. If you enable auto-update, they will still automatically update. The only difference is that the firmware will be downloaded from the internet, not the controller.

@depasseg

well thank's, this is was i thought i have understood but it doesn't work !

on a site, with auto-updates enabled, with actual FW version 3.8.3.6587, i've upgraded the controller form 5.5.20 to 5.6.16, so it was supposed to upgrade the FW to 3.8.11.6738, mentionned as bundled.

but nothing was updated !

Kudos: 217
Solutions: 29

In the devices list, do they show that there is an update available?

yes manuel update works normally !