Emerging Member
Kudos: 6
Solutions: 2

Re: UniFi 5.6.24 Stable Candidate has been released

"AP Transmit Power" is displayed incorrectly, if you use some country settings, other than US.

If country setting is changed to an other country than the United States, due to regulations, the APs are useing different "Transmit Power". If a selected country requires limited power settings, you can still select and save the (too hight) values of the US. To reproduce:

1. In "Settings: Site Configuration -> Country" choose a different country that only allows limited transmit power.
  2. In "UniFi AP-AC-Pro -> Config -> Radios" set different values, one below country regulations and one up to the maximum available in the arrow-input field and save them, eg.:
    - Transmit Power (RADIO 2G): "Custom", "16 dBm" 
    - Transmit Power (RADIO 5G): "Custom", "22 dBm"
  3. The following values ​​are displayed in the main window list of "Devices":
    - RADIO2G: ch / 19 dBm (= 16 dBm + 3 dBm gain*)
    - RADIO5G: ch / 25 dBm (= 22 dBm + 3 dBm gain*)

The 2G-Values at both locations are correctly displayed and used (I suspect), because they are below the country limit.

Not so with the 5G-Values above! They are both displayed not correct with the originally (too high) selected values of 22 dBm. In fact, as it should, the APs use only the maximum allowed transmit power of the chosen country. The (probably) only place the correct value can be checked, is in the "UniFi AP-AC-Pro -> Details -> Radio (...)" - boxes.

* by the way, are 3 dBm antenna gain correct? I've already read other values in other places.

Best regards, Marco

Kudos: 20

Seeing lots of problems with Cloudkeys with this release.  Unifi service won't start even on fresh new out the box Cloudkeys, upgrade, and it just breaks somewhere and Unifi service won't start.  Sometimes we are able to get it to start after a factory reset and other's we're having to pull another from the shelf to get a customer install up and  running.  

Will be opening a ticket on this soon to work through the problems.

Veteran Member
Kudos: 1345
Solutions: 234

[ Edited ]

@Inet-Unifi wrote:

Seeing lots of problems with Cloudkeys with this release.  Unifi service won't start even on fresh new out the box Cloudkeys, upgrade, and it just breaks somewhere and Unifi service won't start.  Sometimes we are able to get it to start after a factory reset and other's we're having to pull another from the shelf to get a customer install up and  running.  

Will be opening a ticket on this soon to work through the problems.

@Inet-Unifi did you read this sticky and apply the recommended fix? I know it's not elegant to require this, but it works.

https://community.ubnt.com/t5/UniFi-Wireless/NOTICE-UniFi-Controller-Memory-Usage-5-6-20/m-p/2148241...

Although it is stated in the thread this fix does not apply to CKs, I think it is worthwhile to check what the current java memory settings are and change them if necessary.

EDIT: added the link and additional note

Art of WiFi
Check out our UniFi API browser tool on GitHub. The PHP API client which it uses, can be found here on GitHub.
The thread on our UniFi Device Search tool can be found here, also check out our Captive Portal solutions for UniFi.
Established Member
Kudos: 258
Solutions: 27

@UBNT-MikeD go eat some turkey ;-)
MCSE, MCSD, pAA, dCAP, SONUS, ECE
CCNA, CCNAW, CCNARS, CCNP, CCNPDC, CCIESP
Megaphat Networks, Long Island, New York, USA
Emerging Member
Kudos: 3

are email-notifications working with 5.6.24?

Kudos: 5

[ Edited ]

I am able to login again thanks to your tips for editing the system.properties file. 

I really wish unifi would stop releasing all these new products and instead start focussing on improving the stability off their products... 

Emerging Member
Kudos: 42

@UBNT-MikeD - when can we expect to see USG failover status in UniFi controller?  I have clients that extensively use this feature and it would be fantastic if I could see which WAN link is active from the UniFi GUI.

I'd love to get alerts for failover events, too!

Thanks.

Kudos: 23
Solutions: 1

I second the fail over alerts and/or showing of current WAN link. I use two ISP’s. To find out right now I have to google “what’s my ip” it works but it’s far from elegant

Also wondering on a time line for squidguard and web proxy being added to the GUI?
Cloudkey Gen2 +, USG 4P, USW-24 POE-250W, USW-8, AP-AC-In Wall, AP-AC-Mesh, AP-AC-LR, AP-AC-Pro

G3 Bullet Cam, G3 Micro Cam, 2x G3 Flex Cams
Emerging Member
Kudos: 2

So far ok. UniFi AP-AC-HD does not seem to aggregate. In the previous version I could tick the box to aggregate but after the upgrade it doesn't work. The ports have been checked for trunk and ok.

After upgrading to this release, after logging in I just get a continuous spinner in the middle of the page. I can see a very faint dashboard in the background but it never loads the page.  Reinstall, same problem.  Any ideas?

Kudos: 89
Solutions: 1

[ Edited ]

@Can0n wrote:
I second the fail over alerts and/or showing of current WAN link. I use two ISP’s. To find out right now I have to google “what’s my ip” it works but it’s far from elegant

Also wondering on a time line for squidguard and web proxy being added to the GUI?

imho squidguard/proxy at least for blocking anything is really showing its age/limitations since so much traffic si now via https...if youre looking at blocking, youre far better off using domain/dns blocking either via opendnds, pi-hole or the excellent script here by unifiMYNet: https://community.ubnt.com/t5/UniFi-Routing-Switching/HowTo-Ad-blocking-using-dnsmasq-d-instead-of-e...

No need to use MITM/change browser settings/import certs etc and all the hassles it can bring

Highlighted

Using Chrome worked. I had beeen using I.E. without any problems.

@RPeets wrote:

After upgrading to this release, after logging in I just get a continuous spinner in the middle of the page. I can see a very faint dashboard in the background but it never loads the page.  Reinstall, same problem.  Any ideas?