Solutions: 1

Re: UniFi AP-AC-Pro visible and configurable from server, but SSIDs are not broadcasting anymore

@AndyWrightUK wrote:

@statici I was referring to enabling/disabling schedules, not just rebooting.

Yeah I figured. No such schedules though.

Established Member
Kudos: 323
Solutions: 119

Re: UniFi AP-AC-Pro visible and configurable from server, but SSIDs are not broadcasting anymore

@statici

After readopt, can you see the AP connectet in the controller? The LED should be steady blue.

If still no luck, replace the patch cable to the AP.

Delete the SSID in your phone / tablet / computer and try to connect again.

Try with another WLAN client.

Please reward people who have helped you with kudo's and mark your thread as solved when you receive a solution to your issue.
Established Member

@statici

The RF scan looks fine, no other AP's near to you.

Please reward people who have helped you with kudo's and mark your thread as solved when you receive a solution to your issue.

@cempa wrote:

@statici

After readopt, can you see the AP connectet in the controller? The LED should be steady blue.

If still no luck, replace the patch cable to the AP.

Delete the SSID in your phone / tablet / computer and try to connect again.

Try with another WLAN client.

I can see the AP in the controller, yes, and now the LED is a steady blue. The AP is now plugged in using a shorter cable. The SSID is imply not visible, not to my phone or to 4 other devices here at home.

[ Edited ]

@cempa wrote:

@statici

The RF scan looks fine, no other AP's near to you.

There are several. Here's a scan from my phone, sitting right next to the AP.

Screenshot_20180823-131046_Wifi Analyzer.jpg

Established Member
Kudos: 372
Solutions: 47

[ Edited ]

Open a console to the AP (click its IP address shown in blue in the devices list) type "iwconfig" (without the quotes...) and post the output.

If you found this post helpful feel free to sprinkle some Kudos!
Established Member

@statici

At the least Family Room TV at -57dbm should be visible in the RF scan.

Can you ping the AP from a wired computer?

Use another switch port for the AP.

Can you connect to the Internet on the switch port, used for the AP with a wired computer?

@AndyWrightUK wrote:

Open a console to the AP (click its IP address shown in blue in the devices list) type "iwconfig" (without the quotes...) and post the output.

The IP is not shown in blue for me, though I did attempt to use putty to SSH into it. Unfortunately it doesn't accept my Ubiquiti login information (the information I use to log into the controller)...what might the login info be there?

Established Member

ok, go to Settings, Site, and "Enable advanced features" - that will give you access to the console.

@cempa wrote:

@statici

At the least Family Room TV at -57dbm should be visible in the RF scan.

Can you ping the AP from a wired computer?

Use another switch port for the AP.

Can you connect to the Internet on the switch port, used for the AP with a wired computer?

Yeah, my thinking is that it should be visible :\

I can ping it from my wired computer, and can even attempt to SSH, though the username/pw I do not know.

Just tried other switch ports, no luck, and can use those ports with my computer to get to the internet. Considering that I can talk to (and configure) the AP, I don't think it is an issue with network connectivity.

The lack of visibility on anything radio-connected is a huge glaring sign that there's simply something wrong with the radio. My warranty is still valid so I've sent in an RMA.

Established Member

@statici wrote:
what might the login info be there?

The credentials are listed under Settings, Site, Device Authentication. It needs "Enable SSH authentication" ticked to work.

@AndyWrightUK wrote:

ok, go to Settings, Site, and "Enable advanced features" - that will give you access to the console.

Ah ok got it. Here's the output:

wifi0     no wireless extensions.

lo        no wireless extensions.

br0       no wireless extensions.

ath1      IEEE 802.11ac  ESSID:"Swirl"
          Mode:Master  Frequency:5.18 GHz  Access Point: 78:8A:20:8B:E6:F2
          Bit Rate:600 Mb/s   Tx-Power=22 dBm
          RTS thr:off   Fragment thr:off
          Encryption key:8886-FDEB-8A8E-B20F-EC9D-C49C-2CDB-9C14 [2]   Security mode:open
          Power Management:off
          Link Quality=32/94  Signal level=-64 dBm  Noise level=-113 dBm
          Rx invalid nwid:370  Rx invalid crypt:0  Rx invalid frag:0
          Tx excessive retries:0  Invalid misc:0   Missed beacon:0

eth0      no wireless extensions.

ath0      IEEE 802.11ng  ESSID:"Swirl"
          Mode:Master  Frequency:2.412 GHz  Access Point: 78:8A:20:8A:E6:F2
          Bit Rate:216.7 Mb/s   Tx-Power=22 dBm
          RTS thr:off   Fragment thr:off
          Encryption key:38CA-0551-D678-A3F9-8950-4D85-31FD-7FA1 [2]   Security mode:open
          Power Management:off
          Link Quality=255/94  Signal level=-1 dBm  Noise level=-121 dBm
          Rx invalid nwid:991  Rx invalid crypt:0  Rx invalid frag:0
          Tx excessive retries:0  Invalid misc:0   Missed beacon:0

wifi1     no wireless extensions.
Established Member

Well that looks ok as far as I can tell (I was looking in particular to see if the SSID was being suppressed but that doesn't seem to be the case).

Given that, and the lack of any obvious activity on the scans, I think it looks like a faulty unit Smiley Sad

@AndyWrightUK wrote:

Well that looks ok as far as I can tell (I was looking in particular to see if the SSID was being suppressed but that doesn't seem to be the case).

Given that, and the lack of any obvious activity on the scans, I think it looks like a faulty unit Smiley Sad

Man Sad

I sort of suspected this, given its sudden and unannounced death, but was hoping there was something I could do to fix it...

Established Member

@statici

One last idea, forget the AP in the controller, adopt it to the UniFi APP on a smartphone.

Check again if it is working?

If yes, forget it again and connect to your controller.

Regards,

Dan

@cempa wrote:

@statici

One last idea, forget the AP in the controller, adopt it to the UniFi APP on a smartphone.

Check again if it is working?

If yes, forget it again and connect to your controller.

Regards,

Dan

Man Frustrated well...unfortunately I can't really do that without having an AP for my phone to connect to, lol

Established Member

[ Edited ]

@statici

Hi, thanks your'e wright, that's the egg and chicken thing. Mad2

Regards,

Dan

Highlighted

[ Edited ]

Hey everyone:

I RMA'd the unit, and the new one works fine. I guess it just died somehow. Thanks for the help!