Re: UniFi Cloud Access gets 'CONNECTION FAILED' after enabling local SSO login

Dear all

I can report that Firefox Quantum (65.0/64bit) on Mac OS Mojave 10.14.3 and port forward rules (as per below) allowed me to access my cloud key via the cloud. 

TCP or UDP

Port Number

Usage

UDP3478Port used for STUN.
TCP/UDP443Port used for Cloud Access service.
TCP8883

Port used for Cloud Access service.

I have not been able to have Unifi Cloud access with Chrome 72.0.3626.81 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Roland

I understand why I could not access the Cloud key.
In my case, it was an elementary mistake, there was an error in the MSS numerical value setting and a communication problem occurred. Currently it is erasing. It was not a problem with controller.

I just updated to 5.10.17 on the local controller, still the same issue as the version before (5.10.12).

Can it be some firewall rule on the WAN_IN or WAN_Local rules that I have that is stoping ex. UDP traffic.

Some year ago I followed the guide made by "Crosstalk Sollusions" on Youtube, I´m just a noob on networking so I did it his way and perhaps there must be som adjustments in my rulesets that I just dont understand. Any ideas?

When will this issue be resolved?  All of my Cloud Keys running firmware 0.13.4 with Controller 5.10.17 work fine via the cloud.  However, all controllers running 5.10.17 as a service on Windows Server 2016/2019 and Windows 10 give a "Connection Failed" via the cloud.  Local access to the controller works fine.  Problem exists in both Chrome and Firefox (latest stable versions).

@UBNT-MikeD @UBNT-cmb @UBNT-Grzegorz

Thanks, that is the solution

Kudos: 1

FIX...for me anyway.

So I just figure this out on two seperate windows machines. One windows 10 box and a server 16 box. I had the same issue of seeing the controllers from my ubnt cloud portal but getting the connection error when I tried to launch either controller remotely. The fix was closing the Unifi controller, uninstalling java from the machine, rebooting, and install the offline java 64 bit version from Here for windows. Once I did that Both machines let me connect from the access portal from either other windows machines as well as my Note 9 without and problem. Hopefully this works for someone else. Also no holes blown through my firewall either from port fowarding Smiley Very Happy

Kudos: 2

@doalwa I have the same issue. Did you resolve it?

I do same thing and it's worked!!
Kudos: 4494
Solutions: 1167

Hello @danielg77,

Do you have 32 bit or 64 java installed?

Regards,

Glenn R.

Cloud Hosted Controllers | Glenn R. | UniFi Installation/Easy Update Scripts | UniFi-Video Installation Scripts | UniFi-VoIP Installation Scripts
USG-XG-8 • USG-4-PRO • USG
US-XG-16 • US-48-500W • US-24-POE-250W 2x • US-16-POE-150W 3x • US-24 • US-8-150W • US-8
UAP XG • UAP-SHD • UAP-HD • UAP-NanoHD 2x • UAP-AC-PRO 2x • UAP-AC-LITE • UAP-AC-IW • UAP-AC-M • UAP-AC-M-PRO 2x
UAS-XG • UCK-G2-PLUS • UCK-G2 • UCK

I haven’t tested it yet but I will and reply Man Happy. Not sure if I have the 64 bit java though I ought to because I have a 64 bit windows, quite an error on my behalf if I don’t Man Happy

Hello @mattelindh,

Stop the controller, uninstall all the JAVA version you have installed and install JAVA 8 64bit.

Regards,

Glenn R.

Cloud Hosted Controllers | Glenn R. | UniFi Installation/Easy Update Scripts | UniFi-Video Installation Scripts | UniFi-VoIP Installation Scripts
US-XG-16 • US-48-500W • US-24-POE-250W 2x • US-16-POE-150W 3x • US-24 • US-8-150W • US-8
UAP XG • UAP-SHD • UAP-HD • UAP-NanoHD 2x • UAP-AC-PRO 2x • UAP-AC-LITE • UAP-AC-IW • UAP-AC-M • UAP-AC-M-PRO 2x
Kudos: 1

@danielg77Hey, nope..I've never been able to use the cloud portal to access my controller.

I got myself the Cloud Key Gen2 a couple of weeks ago and it's still not working...and I'm pretty sure its's running the correct version of Java, which seems to be the only solution everyone always posts on here.

Hello @doalwa,

Could you PM me the controller logs?

Regards,
Glenn R.

uninstall java 8 32 bit, install java 8 64 bit, restart controller (ver.5.10.17). It's solve my problem.

Using Java8 64 bits on my Raspbian.

Cloud access works fine in the LAN environment but it doesn’t work through Internet.

How is the connection (protocols, ports, and way) between Internet and the controller for Cloud Access feature? 

Hello @danielg77,

Take a look at this article.

Regards,

Glenn R.

Thank you @AmazedMender16 

Some questions:

1) I just noticed about my java version in Raspbian, it looks as 32 bits version right?:

java version "1.8.0_201"
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_201-b09)
Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 25.201-b09, mixed mode)
pi@raspberrypi:/usr/local $

Question: How is the instruction to uninstall this version and reinstall 64 bits version in Raspbian?

2) Regarding protocols and ports...What is advantage to use Cloud Access feature if I must to open all ingress ports to my controller? I mean...if I open all ports mentioned in the "Ingress Ports Required for L3 Management Over the Internet", I could get access to my controller over internet directly using https://PublicIP:8443 and done.... comments?

I thought it works pushing/connecting FROM controller TO ubnt Cloud Access, or using some different technology similar to streaming or something like that.

Thanks.

Hello @danielg77,

You indeed can browse to the controller directly when you port forward port 8443/tcp.

You can see if you have 64bit java installed by running this command.

java -d64 -version

Regards,

Glenn R.

Thanks! Now I’m alive with my site online, I can’t believe it but I had the 32 bit Java... what a noob I feel like!!!

Hello @mattelindh,

Don't worry Man Happy

Glad it resolved your issues!

Regards,

Glenn R.