Emerging Member
Kudos: 13
Solutions: 2

UniFi Cloud Key Failures

What's with all the Cloud Key failures lately? I've had two in the past week simply disappear. I visit each site to find the white flashing light and a totally unreachable CK. I can reset and restore from backup, but this is getting ridiculous. The outages have definitely driven home the reminder to download your CK backups after every modification to the CK. You never know when they will simply disappear. 

Kudos: 45
Solutions: 3

Re: UniFi Cloud Key Failures

I hope/wish Unifi can create a way to do a "restart/reboot" on a CK when it says "offline or disappears"???   I love all the CK's I have deployed and most of them I have remote access to their network to connect to the CK on the LAN thru Teamviewer or RDP...BUT some I do not and that is a real problem for sure???  I love that you can restart the AP's using the Unifi POE switches.. and that works great.....  BUT with the CK showing offline...... I do not know a way to do this at all??????

We cannot drive to each client to do this??  And some are residential clients.... and that can be very hard to do?  I do not like to have a NON-Tech person onsite to unplug either.... that could brick the database also on the CK????

If they can come up with a solution to do this.... I feel the CK is 99% reliable for sure.

Thx

Doc

I am having the same disconnect issue at one of my client site.
Emerging Member
Kudos: 13
Solutions: 2

And then this happens.... argh

Screen Shot 2018-01-11 at 11.13.32 AM.png

My Cloud key would not recover and its been away since December, trying to get information on what the issue was and when its expected back it a tad hard.

Kudos: 1

I have 45 sites on unifi and all the cloud keys have failed over time and this is such a costly system to maintain.

every site has its own cloud key running

The reason each site has a cloud key, is because I had major trouble with customers redirecting after accepting the terms of use and entering pass code.

The tech support chat recomended a local cloud key to be placed to help speed up the redirect process and that did not help.

Sure its affordable to get started but very costly to maintain.

I just lost 3 more cloud keys after a March 2019 Update.

I have to drive to each one and probably reinstall the whole network because the database backup does not restore properly.

This is a real PAIN!! 

Peace to All that have Unifi running!.

We are switching all the sites to another vendor by end of summer.

Joe

Highlighted
Kudos: 45
Solutions: 3

I have figured out that 90% of all my networks have a server onsite that I can remote into and do a restart on the CK to make it come back alive on the dashboard.  I have learned that any that do NOT have a server or PC I can remote in too.....I price in a minipc unit with Win10 on it in the rack (yes very small) to allow me to remote into and restart the CK and do other things if needed on the networks.

My work around so far.....

Mad2