Kudos: 1

UniFi Controller - Bypass password requirements?

Just got my UAC-AC-LR and booting my Ubuntu UnFi Controller to set them up.

It asks me for a user name and password. The password says it is weak. Fine. I put a better one and it says so-so and still doesn't allow me.

Look, that's fine that it warns me but honestly I just want to use that pass and period.

How do i bypass the password restriction? Thanks.

SuperUser
Kudos: 5089
Solutions: 1451

Re: UniFi Controller - Bypass password requirements?

you don't.  put in a decent password.

Highlighted

Wow. That's absurd. Guess I'll be returning my Unifi Security Gateway and purchasing something else. Glad I found this out before I purchased some APs and a switch. Sometimes it pays to dip a toe in the water first, so to speak.

It's a shame. I was fired up about switching to Ubiquiti products, but I have strong feelings about a vendor dictating password requirements ( at best it promotes a false sense of security ).
Established Member
Kudos: 421
Solutions: 86

@cj11363 wrote:
Wow. That's absurd. Guess I'll be returning my Unifi Security Gateway and purchasing something else. Glad I found this out before I purchased some APs and a switch. Sometimes it pays to dip a toe in the water first, so to speak.

It's a shame. I was fired up about switching to Ubiquiti products, but I have strong feelings about a vendor dictating password requirements ( at best it promotes a false sense of security ).

I find it ironic that a person who bought a UniFi "Security" Gateway would want to use weak passwords.

"...a vendor dictating password requirements ( at best it promotes a false sense of security )." Would you prefer they let you keep "password" as the password? That's never caused any problems, now has it?

Gregg

I would prefer that they let ME determine what sort of passwords I need, based on MY particular requirements ( e.g.: a pasword of "password" might be perfectly acceptable for some test environments, though it does not meet my particular requirements).  I understand that your requirements may very well be different than my requirements, but it does not follow that you should want to dictate my requirements.

FWIW, I found a work-around:

Within the WebGUI

1) Create a second superadmin account.

2) Log off the admin account.

3) Log in with the second superadmin account.

thanks,

--Charlie

Kudos: 32

Thanks for the workaround! This was really erking me as well