UniFi Network Controller 5.10.12 Lost my settings

Upgraded the UniFi Controller from 5.9.something to 5.10.12 and after it restarted all my settings were gone.  Asked me for a user to setup again and everything.  Then in the end said welcome back but nothing was configured.  How the heck do I get my settings back?

Thanks.

JR

Kudos: 3011
Solutions: 810

Re: UniFi Network Controller 5.10.12 Lost my settings

Hello @jriker1,

Welcome to the community!

What device are you using for the controller?

Did you create a backup before upgrading?

Regards,
Glenn R.

Cloud Hosted Controllers | Glenn R. | UniFi Installation/Easy Update Scripts | UniFi-VoIP Installation Scripts
USG-4-PRO • USG
USW-48-500W • USW-24-POE-250W 2x • USW-16-POE-150W 3x • USW-24 • USW-8-150W • USW-8
UAP XG • UAP-SHD • UAP-HD • UAP-NanoHD • UAP-AC-PRO 2x • UAP-AC-LITE • UAP-AC-IW • UAP-AC-M
UCK-G2-PLUS • UCK-G2 • UCK

Wow and that was brutal.  I found a backup from the end of January.  Restored my settings and after that I literally lost access to my server for a few minutes.  No idea what the controller software did.  Not nice.  Am I missing something with the "appropriate" upgrade process"?

Thanks.

JR

Windows 2016 Server.

I had a auto backup.

JR

Hello @jriker1,

This is not common to happen on a upgrade...

I recommend taking a backup before the upgrade next time..

Do you perhaps have logs?

Regards,

Glenn R.

Cloud Hosted Controllers | Glenn R. | UniFi Installation/Easy Update Scripts | UniFi-VoIP Installation Scripts
USG-4-PRO • USG
USW-48-500W • USW-24-POE-250W 2x • USW-16-POE-150W 3x • USW-24 • USW-8-150W • USW-8
UAP XG • UAP-SHD • UAP-HD • UAP-NanoHD • UAP-AC-PRO 2x • UAP-AC-LITE • UAP-AC-IW • UAP-AC-M

[ Edited ]

I lost the settings as well on this upgrade on a Gen 2 plus. (updated)

UPDATE: I also upgraded a Cloud key Gen 1 which had its database corrupted at the same time that the upgrade was done.  It worked up until the upgrade but after the upgrade the database was corrupted and therefore the controller wouldn't load.   I spent a long time on chat with tech support being pointed to incorrect articles.  Fortunately one of them helped to find the correct logs to determine it was a database issue and some MongoDB googling helped to resolve the issue.  The repair instructions on help.ubiquiti.com did not explain how to fix a MongoDB database that had journaling enabled (which the Cloud key does by default).

Hopefully the autobackups can be accessed by SSH?  Update: I did find the backups on the Cloud Key Gen 1.

Craig.

Hello @cpinfold,

Autobackups are saved on the SD card, you can access these by loggin in to the UCK UI itself.

Regards,

Glenn R.

USG-4-PRO • USG