Kudos: 1
Solutions: 1

Re: UniFi Network Controller 5.10.12 Stable has been released

@csgabor wrote:

my experience on raspberry pi3, raspbian strecth, update from 5.9.29 to 5.10.12

my java was the default, 1.8.065

u need to update java:

- use this method:  https://gist.github.com/ribasco/fff7d30b31807eb02b32bcf35164f11f

after successful java update you can install the new unifi:

wget http://dl.ubnt.com/unifi/5.10.12/unifi_sysvinit_all.deb

sudo dpkg -i unifi_sysvinit_all.deb; sudo apt-get install -f -y

rm unifi_sysvinit_all.deb

and everythings working fine for me on 5.10.12

Can confirm that this works. There is an updated version of the Github instructions (see below) that the dev wrote on his own blog.

1. Follow the Introduction and Installation sections of the updated instructions. DO NOT do the Switching between versions section.
  2. Update UniFi controller using apt. I strongly suggest everyone not beta testing Controller versions use this, as updates get released to the PPA only after they're sufficiently stable and reliable.

And that should be it. Works just fine on this end.

Mechanical engineer by day, home sysadmin by night
Kudos: 11

Wifi Optimization kicked my phone off the network, but reconnected at 2 4Ghz.  It took turning wifi on and off to get 5Ghz ac back. We really need per device/client overrides fir frequency preference and fast roaming.

[ Edited ]

Below an example where 2 clients are connected to the USG.

USG (3P) LAN1 is connected to US-8 port2 and WAN1 connected to the internet. LAN2/WAN2 not connected.

3 client are connected to US-8 port 1. In reality US-8 port 1 is connected to US-8-150W port 2, which provides PoE power to US-8. Will this be solved in a next controller version?

At this moment running UCK-G2-PLUS, firmware 0.9.2 + controller 5.10.12.

Controller2_5-10-12.png

Kudos: 8

@mjmeyer wrote:

I tried to upgrade in a dev environment and came across an issue I have not seen reported elsewhere yet.  It is reproducible.  I created a B1ms VM in Azure, running Debian 9, and tried to upgrade from a backup of 5.8.30 to 5.10.12.  In the end I got an HTTPS error in the browser (Firefox and Chrome)

This site can’t provide a secure connection x.x.x.x sent an invalid response.
Try running Windows Network Diagnostics.
ERR_SSL_PROTOCOL_ERROR

Upon further testing, this only occurs if a third party certificate is installed (and working) in 5.8 before upgrading to 5.10.  This occurs even in a fresh install of 5.8 with no site data except for the custom certificate.  It does not occur if using the default self-signed certificate.

The exact steps to reproduce are here (with the sensitive info redacted): https://pastebin.com/L2sxaWnA

I found the solution and posted it in the 5.10.17 thread:

https://community.ubnt.com/t5/UniFi-Wireless/UniFi-Network-Controller-5-10-17-Stable-has-been-releas...

Kudos: 2

I mean the satellite map for placing my devices, it want a api key something or other, why not leave it the way it was on the earlier versions,

Hey, I am running raspberry docker v 5.9.29, from your image, really happy with it, thanks.

Wondering now what would be needed to update it to this version.

Kudos: 4503
Solutions: 1169

Hello @jgutie,

Updated JAVA is required.

What JAVA version are you running right now?

dpkg -l | grep oracle
dpkg -l | grep openjdk

Regards,

Glenn R.

Cloud Hosted Controllers | Glenn R. | UniFi Installation/Easy Update Scripts | UniFi-Video Installation Scripts | UniFi-VoIP Installation Scripts
USG-XG-8 • USG-4-PRO • USG
US-XG-16 • US-48-500W • US-24-POE-250W 2x • US-16-POE-150W 3x • US-24 • US-8-150W • US-8
UAP XG • UAP-SHD • UAP-HD • UAP-NanoHD 2x • UAP-AC-PRO 2x • UAP-AC-LITE • UAP-AC-IW • UAP-AC-M • UAP-AC-M-PRO 2x
UAS-XG • UCK-G2-PLUS • UCK-G2 • UCK

Thanks Glenn.

Actually my postal was intended as a response to post from ryansch 

post https://community.ubnt.com/t5/UniFi-Wireless/UniFi-Network-Controller-5-10-12-Stable-has-been-r...

As I am running it using the docker image he build.

Tried to attach to it, but not being able to run dpkg

Checking the image info, it states 

JAVA_INSTALLER_VERSION=8u181-1~webupd8~1",

Emerging Member
Kudos: 27
Solutions: 2

Thanks , running now the new image
Highlighted

Just wanted to throw out there that I upgraded from 5.9.29 to 5.10.19 via apt-get on my Raspberry Pi 3 B+ running stretch.  I didn't get any errors during the apt install.  After a reboot (standard practice for me) the unifi controller didn't come up.  Finding this thread I tried upgrading the Oracle Java that was installed which was at something like 1.8.0_65 and there were no updates available for it.  I installed OpenJDK 1.8.0_181 (package openjdk-8-jdk), made sure the new Java was set (update-alternatives --config java), and rebooted.  When the Rpi came back up the server was up and running.  I logged in and everything was good except my AP and switch firmware were out of date and I didn't have the option to update them automatically.  By going into the configuration of the devices I put the latest firmware direct URL to ubiquiti's website in the Custom Firmware field, they updated, and everything is now working.

Not sure why the Java check isn't a little better in the upgrade process but that was 100% the problem with my upgrade. Thanks to the people posting in this thread for that fix.

Posted this just in case it helps anyone else in a similar boat.