Kudos: 7
Solutions: 1

Re: UniFi Network Controller 5.10.12 Stable has been released

[ Edited ]

@mcmpr wrote:

Hi @AndiSchrogl 

Just to confirm.  After upgrading to the latest version of Java in Raspian (1.8.0_201) you upgrade to 5.10.12 went smooth?

Thanks,

Marcel

1. update to the latest Java Release with the Oracle JDK, Rasperian release is to old.
2. check "/etc/default/unifi" to reflect the correct Java path (more Info here)

3. update the installation

then it worked for me, first i had an old rapserian path in the /etc/default/unifi so after the installation the startup won't work an the errorlog is flooded. Updating to the latest Java 8 release on rasperian you could follow this link.

This had worked for me for all 5.10.x Beta releases and I'm running on 5.10.12 since 2 Days now without any problem on a Raspi 2b.

I can't guarantee 100% that this will work for everybody but it worked for me and others in the Forums, I'm not the developer but 2 hints just to check before the update.

Kudos: 1

Can someone please point me to the hashes for installer download files? Normally I would find these in the software download listing, but for some reason 5.10.12 isn't listed there... What am I missing?

https://www.ui.com/download/unifi

Kudos: 3006
Solutions: 810

Hello @jondagle,

You can find the downloads at the bottom of this page.

Regards,

Glenn R.

Cloud Hosted Controllers | Glenn R. | UniFi Installation/Easy Update Scripts | UniFi-VoIP Installation Scripts
USG-4-PRO • USG
USW-48-500W • USW-24-POE-250W 2x • USW-16-POE-150W 3x • USW-24 • USW-8-150W • USW-8
UAP XG • UAP-SHD • UAP-HD • UAP-NanoHD • UAP-AC-PRO 2x • UAP-AC-LITE • UAP-AC-IW • UAP-AC-M
UCK-G2-PLUS • UCK-G2 • UCK
Kudos: 74
Solutions: 4

[ Edited ]

@AndiSchrogl wrote:

@mcmpr wrote:

Hi @AndiSchrogl 

Just to confirm.  After upgrading to the latest version of Java in Raspian (1.8.0_201) you upgrade to 5.10.12 went smooth?

Thanks,

Marcel

1. update to the latest Java Release with the Oracle JDK, Rasperian release is to old.
2. check "/etc/default/unifi" to reflect the correct Java path (more Info here)

3. update the installation

then it worked for me, first i had an old rapserian path in the /etc/default/unifi so after the installation the startup won't work an the errorlog is flooded. Updating to the latest Java 8 release on rasperian you could follow this link.

This had worked for me for all 5.10.x Beta releases and I'm running on 5.10.12 since 2 Days now without any problem on a Raspi 2b.

I can't guarantee 100% that this will work for everybody but it worked for me and others in the Forums, I'm not the developer but 2 hints just to check before the update.

Thank you @AndiSchrogl 

Yesterday I updated Java Version to 1.8.0_201 and removed the old 1.8.0_65. 

pi:~#java -version

java version "1.8.0_201"
 Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_201-b09)
 Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 25.201-b09, mixed mode)

The file "/etc/default/unifi" did not existed so I went ahead and created it with the path of the newly installed Java version's which I confirmed is on the same directory you mentioned:

pi:~#update-java-alternatives -l
 java-8-oracle 1081 /usr/lib/jvm/java-8-oracle

That means that the unifi file contains: 

JAVA_HOME=/usr/lib/jvm/java-8-oracle

I included some of the steps I did hoping it may help other users.

Hopefully I am not missing anything and should be ready to update now.

Thanks,

Marcel

Established Member
Kudos: 795
Solutions: 19

I just did an upgrade from the latest 5.9.x to 5.10.12 and for the first time in a long time it didn't end up as expected.

It seems like the database migration has stumbled upon some error c'se the controller screen just shows:

Database repair in progress. This may take several minutes.

Please wait a moment

And the mongodb logfiles has worked with verifications and (re?)building of indexes etc since the last 1,5 hours so I think that I wait and see how it ends... I have a snapshot of the VM since before I started the migration so if it doesn't end up well I atleast have a working controller if I restore the latest snapshot.

Has anyone else got any similar issue with the upgrade?

(I didn't have any problem like this when I upgraded the labserver from 5.9.x to 5.10.x when it was first released as beta)

Hello @rdahlin,

Shouldn't take that long, could you send me your controller logs?

Regards,

Glenn R.

Cloud Hosted Controllers | Glenn R. | UniFi Installation/Easy Update Scripts | UniFi-VoIP Installation Scripts
USG-4-PRO • USG
USW-48-500W • USW-24-POE-250W 2x • USW-16-POE-150W 3x • USW-24 • USW-8-150W • USW-8
UAP XG • UAP-SHD • UAP-HD • UAP-NanoHD • UAP-AC-PRO 2x • UAP-AC-LITE • UAP-AC-IW • UAP-AC-M
Kudos: 38

Where do I download 5.9.33, its not on the past software or anywhere on the forums. I googled and searched both regular and beta forums.

Hello @ncscomm,

It never got released to BETA or public, you don’t need it... You can upgrade from anything before 5.9.33.

Regards,

Glenn R.

USG-4-PRO • USG
Emerging Member
Kudos: 28
Solutions: 5

@UBNT-MikeD wrote:

Please see our release post HERE.

Blog post does not include checksums. Please continue including them when posting releases.

Upgraded from 5.10.10, looking good so far.

Dashboard still yells at me to "Connect a UniFi Security Gateway to get the best experience!": Don't. I don't want you to tell me to purchase another product (I'm still fine running EdgeRouters instead, thank you very much.)

Ubiquiti Employee
Kudos: 15486
Solutions: 600
Contributions: 20

[ Edited ]

@m_all2 wrote: Blog post does not include checksums. Please continue including them when posting releases.

Added the missing text files. Thanks!

Cheers,

Mike

Kudos: 3
Solutions: 1

[ Edited ]

@flamber wrote:
@Gizbug
Possible Upgrade Paths: <=5.10.11 | <=5.9.33 | <=5.8.30 | <=5.7.28 | <=5.6.40
So yes, you can upgrade - 5.9.29 is less than 5.9.33

For the longest time I thought those <= were arrows showing an upgrade path and not a greater than or equal to. Wow.

Thank you, that's not what I asked. Where are the hashes for the downloads? 

Thank you!

Established Member
Kudos: 795
Solutions: 19

@AmazedMender16 wrote:

Hello @rdahlin,

Shouldn't take that long, could you send me your controller logs?

Regards,

Glenn R.

It's not possible I'm afraid. I had to use the controller to adopt some devices so I simply restored the snapshot I made before I started the upgrade.

I'll give it another try soon and if it happens again you might get them.

Established Member
Kudos: 833
Solutions: 84
Contributions: 1

[ Edited ]

Can't find how to 'customize columns' on clients list, for showing 802.1x username, etc etc. Is that feature gone, @UBNT-MikeD ??

It's still there, the same spot (right upper corner) on the devices list, but can't find on clients one.

Solutti Tecnologia Ltda - Goiânia/Goiás/Brazil
www.solutti.com.br / www.wifiquefunciona.com.br
Ubiquiti Enterprise Wireless Admin (UEWA) certified
did my answer helped you ? if yes, i would love your kudos on it Man Happy
Kudos: 38

@Gizbug wrote:

There is no upgrade path from 5.9.29 to this? Don’t see that path listed in the docs, odd, as 5.9.29 is last stable release and what majority probably run.

I had the same thought, thinking that you needed to be at 5.9.33 before going up to 5.10, thats why I asked where I could dl 5.9.33, since I was at 5.9.29. Maybe that line in the upgrade notes should be changed to better illustrate that point.Maybe state what the minimum build required to upgrade to the next level. Also using ascii art to illustrate this in text isn't exactly clear as I am not the only one to not grasp this otherwise obvious information.

I did upgrade out 5.9.29 to 5.10.12 with no issues. 

Ubiquiti Employee

@leonardogyn wrote:

Can't find how to 'customize columns' on clients list, for showing 802.1x username, etc etc. Is that feature gone, @UBNT-MikeD ??

It's still there, the same spot (right upper corner) on the devices list, but can't find on clients one.

It's in the same spot on the clients page, we didn't remove it. Maybe force a hard refresh?

Cheers,

Mike

2019-02-07 13_25_31-Window.png

Established Member

@UBNT-MikeD wrote:
It's in the same spot on the clients page, we didn't remove it. Maybe force a hard refresh?

Found it ... it now requires top left corner to be 'All'. If wireless is selected (don't have any UniFi switch to test on this controller i upgraded) the customize option dissapears ... don't know if that's the desired behavior ...

Ubiquiti Employee

@leonardogyn wrote:Found it ... it now requires top left corner to be 'All'. If wireless is selected (don't have any UniFi switch to test on this controller i upgraded) the customize option dissapears ... don't know if that's the desired behavior ...

Nope, that's not the case. That is still available when in Wireless or Wired.

Cheers,

Mike

2019-02-07 13_35_15-Window.png

Established Member

@UBNT-MikeD wrote:

@leonardogyn wrote:Found it ... it now requires top left corner to be 'All'. If wireless is selected (don't have any UniFi switch to test on this controller i upgraded) the customize option dissapears ... don't know if that's the desired behavior ...

Nope, that's not the case. That is still available when in Wireless or Wired.

cleaning the cache browser's 'solve' it ... sorry for the inconvenience Man Happy