Ubiquiti Employee
Kudos: 14244
Solutions: 594
Contributions: 20

UniFi SDN Controller 5.9.29 Stable has been released

Please see our release post HERE.

*This release follows our usual release structure which means it will initially be available via this blog post only. It will be posted to the download site and official repos in the near future. If you aren't familiar with our release structure, please take a moment to read our post HERE. Thanks!

Kudos: 5

Re: UniFi SDN Controller 5.9.29 Stable has been released

[ Edited ]

My SSL certificate (from Letsencrypt) is not there after upgrading from 5.8 to 5.9.

And I cannot upload it the usual way.

Are there any changes in handling of certificates in 5.9?

Emerging Member
Kudos: 23

I also use lets encrypt and my controller is still fine with its LE certificate after the upgrade to 5.9.29 on cloud key.

I followed this howto early this year to implement LE certificates on my cloud key:

https://www.naschenweng.info/2017/01/06/securing-ubiquiti-unifi-cloud-key-encrypt-automatic-dns-01-c...

Maybe it will help you to sort out your problems?

Kudos: 3

Hello.  Does this release track active VPN connections on the dashboard as in 5.8.x?  if not are they tracked anywhere else in the WebUI?  If not will it be in future updates or has it been depreciated?   Thanks. 

Established Member
Kudos: 386
Solutions: 14

[ Edited ]

@rkleinpeter You can add a widget for VPNs in a custom dashboard. Use the + Button next to "WiFi Metrics" to create a custom dashboard, give it a fancy name, then scroll to the "VPNs" widget and add it. There are a lot of other nice widgets, too.

Screenshot 2018-10-05 at 06.57.44.png

Kudos: 5

Thank you! My case is slightly different because I already have wildcard certificate and just need to figure out how to upload it into UniFi, bit this should still be helpful.

Kudos: 4

Hello,

Are there more people having problems with the log screen? When you go to INSIGHT and then CONTROLLER LOG.

The screen is still white and also the letters are white. I can't see the log. Only when i select the screen i see some text.

1.png
2.png
Kudos: 35
Solutions: 1

[ Edited ]

I have white contrroller logs too when using both Ege and Firefox (not tested with Chrome) - I believe someone reported this during beta but it's not fixed yet.

I also have a small UI issues in Edge as well:

The navigation buttons on the left are not visible - although the tooltip does appear when you hover over them.

Kudos: 4

Hi Cc2k,

The problem is that i can't go back to 5.8.X because the backup can not put in the older version.

And there are customers on the controller. So its verry risky to build the sites again. 

Do you know when there is some update of the controller or  color fix? The black screen is nice to see and pretty for the eyes.

Emerging Member
Kudos: 9
Solutions: 2

@Thetmar wrote:

Hello,

Are there more people having problems with the log screen? When you go to INSIGHT and then CONTROLLER LOG.

The screen is still white and also the letters are white. I can't see the log. Only when i select the screen i see some text.

Same here, using Firefox

Emerging Member
Kudos: 16

[ Edited ]

@rkleinpeter wrote:

Hello.  Does this release track active VPN connections on the dashboard as in 5.8.x?  if not are they tracked anywhere else in the WebUI?  If not will it be in future updates or has it been depreciated?   Thanks. 

Not the way it was done in 5.8 (at least not yet).   The VPN widget shows VPN connections, but does not yet show site to site VPN connections

Kudos: 52
Solutions: 4

@trobbelke wrote:

@Thetmar wrote:

Hello,

Same here, using Firefox

Confirmed that this is an issue for Firefox.  This new release seems to favour next-to-zero contrast overall, which looks terrible, but white on white is too much.

Can we please get the old colours back.  Whoever designed this obviously doesn't use UIs for a living.

Emerging Member
Kudos: 19
Solutions: 3

[ Edited ]

I upgraded from 5.8.20 to 5.9.29 on my CK (original version) and now I cannot access the dashboard. If I click on the icon for the dashboard it displays an error message saying "Unable to change pages. That page does not exist." Otherwise, everything else is fine. I can access the other pages (devices, statistics, maps, insights, etc.) and all the devices are connected. I tried rebooting the CK, but that didn't change anything. Any ideas what is going on?

Screenshot.png
Emerging Member
Kudos: 19
Solutions: 3

Well, that was weird. I noticed that the URLs for all the pages were: https://192.168.1.3:8443/manage/site/default/maps or https://192.168.1.3:8443/manage/site/default/devices so I went ahead and manually entered https://192.168.1.3:8443/manage/site/default/dashboard in Chrome. This opened the dashboard with a completely different look. The other pages also had a different look as well. I guess for some reason, mine got stuck on the other style and manually entered the dashboard URL caushed it to switch to the new design.

I'd like to inform that if any of users run SDN controller 5.8.X on windows 2003 server - there is an incompatibilty of mongod binary with latest 5.9.29 update. Simple replace of older (5.8.30) mongod.exe binary helped and unifi is running. But there is no information about this lost of 2003 server support (a little old system, I know).

Regards

Emerging Member
Kudos: 16

@bkaczy wrote:

I'd like to inform that if any of users run SDN controller 5.8.X on windows 2003 server - there is an incompatibilty of mongod binary with latest 5.9.29 update. Simple replace of older (5.8.30) mongod.exe binary helped and unifi is running. But there is no information about this lost of 2003 server support (a little old system, I know).

Regards

https://help.ubnt.com/hc/en-us/articles/115009221227-UniFi-Recommended-Minimum-System-Requirements

Windows Server 2008 or 2016 (recommended)

Kudos: 1

[ Edited ]

May I ask when this will be added to the UBNT repo for ubuntu/debian (which has 5.8.30)?

A

apt-get upgrade

Does not show an update, whereas my UBNT Cloud Key does upgrade to 5.9.29.

Kudos: 2

The release schedule is found here. Generally about a week, if no big issues are seen

Kudos: 1

cheers!

Kudos: 1739
Solutions: 526

Hello @dblagent007,

Clear your browser cache.

Regards,

Glenn R.

Cloud Hosted Controllers | Glenn R. | UniFi Installation/Easy Update Scripts | UniFi-Video Installation/Easy Update Scripts | UniFi-VoIP Installation Scripts
USG-4-PRO • USG
USW-48-500W • USW-24-POE-250W 2x • USW-16-POE-150W • USW-24 • USW-8-150W • USW-8
UAP XG • UAP-SHD • UAP-HD • UAP-NanoHD • UAP-AC-PRO 2x • UAP-AC-LITE • UAP-AC-IW • UAP-AC-M
UCK-G2 • UCK