I can't help but grin everytime I see this elephant butt icon Icon Lol

2018-10-19_18-37-08.jpg

Emerging Member
Kudos: 17
Solutions: 3

Re: UniFi SDN Controller 5.9.29 Stable has been released

@Kris404

TY,  now I see it too.

Brooklyn Red Hook church wifi, 110/12 mbps, USG 3P, 2xAC-PRO (wire) + 3xAC-LR (wire) + 1xAC-Lite (wire) + 2xAC-LR (wireless uplink)
Kudos: 1

Hi, my Sidebar has since i upgraded this strange colors.Browser: Microsoft Edge (I know, not the best one, but on some mashines i only have Internet Explorer or Edge access.) The settingspage looks due to the black background good.
SideBar.JPG

@PahlSt wrote:
Hi, my Sidebar has since i upgraded this strange colors.Browser: Microsoft Edge (I know, not the best one, but on some mashines i only have Internet Explorer or Edge access.) The settingspage looks due to the black background good.
Here the Settingsview.
setting.JPG
Kudos: 2

In Canada and every Province/Territory also has accessability laws that must be adhered to for all SW UI The v5.9 29 clearly fails to address the high contrast (for low vision cases) and color blindness accessability regulations requirements. Be interesting to see Unifi's Agile SW development model and SW requirements docs... I am betting Unifi is not fully following modern SW development models as this is a huge oversight and opens Unifi to law suits... especially for any government deployments.
Kudos: 2

Well, after putting on my thinking cap...

There is a way to get a dark, higher contrast theme on the Unifi Controller dashboard web pages.

Solution:
1. Using Chrome or Firefox, add the extension "Dark Reader".

2. Now open your controller and copy the full dashboard URL (ensure to include the entire url address including the .../dashboard).

3. Now click on the Dark Reader extension icon. Next click on the "Site List" tab and add full dashboard URL to the "Invert listed only" and tap the "Enter" key and then close the Dark Reader.

4. Now click on the Controller settings icon and again copy the full settings url. Open the Dark Reader extension and click on the "Site List" tab and add the full dashboard URL to the "Not inverted" list and tap the "Enter" key.

Note: The reason to only allow the dashboard and exclude the settings web pages is that there is a bug between the Dark Reader extension and the Unifi Controller's Settings pages where clicking on some of the settings UI control functions, the UI functions would fail to operate or lockup. Also, Settings provides a dark theme anyway so there is no UI feature loss here.

Not a perfect solution, but will help some with their retinas to not burn out until Ubiquiti provides this feature in the distant future.

For my use cases, this solution worked great for me.
Kudos: 191
Solutions: 6

[ Edited ]

@UBNT-MikeD

Notice problems white the quest portal. 

Sometimes it stops working and I need to restart SDN to make work again. I see more iops when SDN is not working. But I didn’t notice a memory leak. 

Controller: 5.9.29 

Kudos: 17
Solutions: 1

just checking, i have install these unifi controller in 32bit OS. its having issue to start up the unifi controller and it saying unable to locate mongoDB... is this common or old issue or i just dont know.

no issue in 64bit OS.

Kudos: 8

Hi!

Anyone tried the Compact Database feature in the Maintenance tab?

Mine fails with this version..

Kudos: 1672
Solutions: 506

Hello @cs-cdion,

No problems here, check your logs.

You may need to repair the DB.

Regards,

Glenn R.

Cloud Hosted Controllers | Glenn R. | UniFi Installation/Easy Update Scripts | UniFi-Video Installation/Easy Update Scripts | UniFi-VoIP Installation Scripts
USG-4-PRO • USG
USW-48-500W • USW-24-POE-250W 2x • USW-16-POE-150W • USW-24 • USW-8-150W • USW-8
UAP XG • UAP-SHD • UAP-HD • UAP-NanoHD • UAP-AC-PRO 2x • UAP-AC-LITE • UAP-AC-IW • UAP-AC-M
UCK-G2 • UCK

[ Edited ]

The new Dashboard is realy confusing. The white and green colors are very garish. A Dark mode would be nice or just give the option to use the old layout.

Kind regards

MS_94

Hi,

It seems like the upgrade to 3.9.54 sorted the DNS issue out.

Upgraded the controller to 5.9.29, and all AP's resolved correctly.

Thank you.

Kudos: 26
Solutions: 2

Lol I thought it was a hippo's butt!

@dread99 wrote:
Well, after putting on my thinking cap...

There is a way to get a dark, higher contrast theme on the Unifi Controller dashboard web pages.

Solution:
1. Using Chrome or Firefox, add the extension "Dark Reader".

2. Now open your controller and copy the full dashboard URL (ensure to include the entire url address including the .../dashboard).

3. Now click on the Dark Reader extension icon. Next click on the "Site List" tab and add full dashboard URL to the "Invert listed only" and tap the "Enter" key and then close the Dark Reader.

4. Now click on the Controller settings icon and again copy the full settings url. Open the Dark Reader extension and click on the "Site List" tab and add the full dashboard URL to the "Not inverted" list and tap the "Enter" key.

Note: The reason to only allow the dashboard and exclude the settings web pages is that there is a bug between the Dark Reader extension and the Unifi Controller's Settings pages where clicking on some of the settings UI control functions, the UI functions would fail to operate or lockup. Also, Settings provides a dark theme anyway so there is no UI feature loss here.

Not a perfect solution, but will help some with their retinas to not burn out until Ubiquiti provides this feature in the distant future.

For my use cases, this solution worked great for me.
If you ask me: Ubnt should change it, not me as a user.
Emerging Member
Kudos: 3

What is the solution to the constant drops and/or dhcp issues?

I am using an Edgerouter pro w/ the Unifi UAPs and since the CK updated, tremendous amounts of packet drops and retries. Downgraded my UAP version to resolve the retries which worked but how do I downgrade the CK version and/or firmware?

Kudos: 31
Solutions: 1

@crystalrvtx wrote:

What is the solution to the constant drops and/or dhcp issues?

I am using an Edgerouter pro w/ the Unifi UAPs and since the CK updated, tremendous amounts of packet drops and retries. Downgraded my UAP version to resolve the retries which worked but how do I downgrade the CK version and/or firmware?

I found rolling back my UAP FW to  3.9.19.8123 fixed most of my retries/dropped issues. Still have some funky DHCP issues, specifically with MacBooks, though I have been able to solve some of that. One issue was self-induced, others have been tweaking settings. 

I wish UBNT was doing a better job of QA on these releases. It feels like there are some simple things that were not caught. When many people are all seeing the same issues, there is no way they could not have seen this in their testing. One potential issue is that these products sell to both consumers and professionals. Many of the professionals can more easily work around the issues, but if you want to sell to the "educated consumer" you need to also understand that there needs to be a higher level of QA.

I'm having similar issues. Everything except the settings have a white background and the sidebar is almost invisible. This shouldn't be hard to fix in the code. It would also be nice if java could be eliminated. I don't trust java as far as security goes. Why not use HTML5?
Kudos: 3

[ Edited ]

Awesome!  Thanks for the reply @athurdent

Emerging Member
Kudos: 27
Solutions: 2

[ Edited ]

@Vestas

"Again someone at UBNT needs a boot up the arse for basic incompetence"

Green and yellow/orange have been the standard color sets for network activity and connection speed lights on switches and every other network appliance for the better part of 30 years.    It is not an incompetence to not have yet developed an additional feature which isn't industry standard and only applies to a small subset of your market.

"clearly no thought is given to this issue in a male-dominated industry"

Men also generally don't instantly default to soft allegations of sexism against companies in female dominated industries as a way to explain why features are missing (see: Adam Smith, Invisible Hand).