Established Member
Kudos: 126
Solutions: 40

Re: UniFi SDN Controller 5.9.29 Stable has been released

@apainter wrote:

May I ask when this will be added to the UBNT repo for ubuntu/debian (which has 5.8.30)?

A

apt-get upgrade

Does not show an update, whereas my UBNT Cloud Key does upgrade to 5.9.29.

Normally 2 weeks after posting on this page.

You need to run:

apt-get update

apt-get install unifi

What your command will do is a complete upgrade of the OS!

Cheers,

Mike

If the feedback solved your problem or question. Please mark it as solved. If it is worth some Kudo’s don’t forget to give some :-)
Emerging Member
Kudos: 5
Solutions: 1

[ Edited ]

Today I upgraded my small home site:

UAP-AC-Pro: 3.9.27 to 3.9.54

UAP-AC-HD: 3.9.27 to 3.9.54

US-8-150W: 3.9.27 to 3.9.54

USG3: 4.4.18 to 4.4.29

UCK: 0.11.12 to 0.12.0

Unifi Controller: 5.8.30 to 5.9.29

My experience is somewhat mixed. The upgrades themselves have been performed in the order above (Controller of course together with UCK) and worked without any trouble. Everything worked the first attempt, all configurations (including config.gateway.json) have been carried over, IPv6 still working.

Memory and CPU consumption on the UAP-AC-Pro is about the same as before. On the UAP-AC-HD, memory and CPU usage slightly went up, but not much. On the US-8-150W, memory usage went down quite a bit (~20%) while CPU usage stayed the same. On the USG, memory went down a bit, CPU went down considerably.

So far, so good.

However, now, with the new dashboard of Unifi Controller, there is this widget called "Anomalies". Even though "Everything is great!" is being displayed, in the "Anomalies" I get reports for 6 of my ~25 clients:

• High TCP latency for Client ...
  • High Wifi retries for Client ...
  • High TCP packet loss for Client ...
  • Low bandwith for Client ...

So, if everything is great, is this something to worry about?

But even more of an issue ... two of my clients behave a bit strangely:

1. Harmony Hub ... is now displaying a red light instead of a green one for quite some time. In the past, I could see a short red light sometimes for a very short time, but now it seems to be the case more often and for a longer period of time.
  2. Philips TV ... when connected to ethernet, it reboots every minute or so, which obviously makes it unusable, so I had to unplug the ethernet, which however makes my self-developed Ambilight-Hue-Bridge synchronisation worthless.

I'll keep an eye on the last two things ...

Kudos: 7

+1 on wanting some sort of site to site VPN Status on the dashboard.

Thanks,

Rick

Been running this since stable canidate with no noticable problems so far.

Kudos: 1

Someone from support please help.
+1 on the white background for the controller logs. 
Also after upgrading from 5.8.30, I'm not able to batch edit my AP's.

Example, select all and expand the "Radio" tab and nothing shows up. 

Emerging Member
Kudos: 23

everything here is fine with group config aka batch edeiting

Kudos: 25

i want to have it blue that im used to please how can i get a blue theme not used to alll white

and im in a dark room 

Kudos: 25

i want to have it blue that im used to please how can i get a blue theme not used to alll white

and im in a dark room  now i cant post this now

Emerging Member
Kudos: 5

Regarding the Philips TV issue ... this is not only happening when connecting the TV via ethernet, it also happens when connecting the TV via wireless. It does however *not* happen, if the TV is connected to my separate guest wifi (using a different VLAN) but this kind of defeats again the Ambilight-Hue-Bridge sync.

So, as it happens on ethernet and on wifi, I think it's neither the upgrade of the APs or the switch, but either the upgrade of the USG or the Controller by provisioning different settings.

I tried - using firewall rules - to isolate the TV in order to find out what could be the reason, but have not been successful yet.

Any ideas are very welcome!
Emerging Member
Kudos: 61

[ Edited ]

The light-grey-on-white color scheme for the icons, and the lack of clear visual seperators between sections of functionality make for, in my opinion, an extremely unpleasant administration experience.

I am having difficulty distinguishing icons from their background. Maybe it's just my eyes, but I honest to goodness am struggling here.

I'm also having a lot of trouble visually identifying the boundaries between widgets. From a psycho-visual standpoint, not having boundaries between widgets, such as graphs and other display elements is causing a lot of mental overhead/strain. I keep finding myself struggling to find the widget I'm looking for, and having to spend a lot more time than I used to have to to take the information in. It's really unpleasant to interact with this interface, and causes a lot of mental overhead/strain. It's tiring to interact with the dashboard. Previous versions were delightful to interact with. This version I actively avoid unless I need some specific information.

Were it not for the many thousands of dollars I've already spent on the Unifi product line, this color scheme for the contoller interface would have turned me away. I really do not like it, I do not like it at all. It's difficult to use from a "mental-load to find what i'm looking for" standpoint, and also it's just straight up painful on my eyes. Maybe my eyes aren't as good as they used to be.

Point of fact, I've been trying to give some of my older Unifi equipment to friends, and the new user interface was explicitly discussed as something they did not like this weekend.

Lets make sure I'm not being misunderstood. People have turned down free fully functional gear, where I would install it for them myself for free, to replace their ancient wrt54gl-era wifi routers, and the light-grey-on-white color scheme is used as part of their justification for turning down my offer.

If people are turning down free stuff because of a user interface color scheme, how many sales are you going to lose because of the same?

Please consider adding a dark-theme option, or returning to a theme that is more similar to the 4.x and 5.8.x series.

P.S. I originally posted this as it's own topic, but someone commented there saying I should post on the release thread instead. Here's the original topic : https://community.ubnt.com/t5/UniFi-Wireless/5-9-29-controller-UI-extremely-hard-to-see-and-navigate...

Kudos: 46

How is this still slated as stable when theres been numerous reports of errors with it

I myself reported these errors:

* DPI Stats being completely wrong

* Black text on black background in Debug Terminal (i need this to work as i dont have access onsite, and its essential for me for maintenance)

* White text on white background in controller logs

Kudos: 2

Hello,

I experience the exact same issue with Philips TV now rebooting every 2 minutes. The issue clearly started after the upgrade of Cloud Key to 0.12.0 which includes the controller 5.9.29. During this upgrade none of the firwmare were changed (USG, USW, UAP-Pro). So the issue does come from the controller upgrade.

The only way I have found to avoid the reboot is to set the switch port where the TV is connected to disabled instead of LAN. However this makes the TV unreachable which is not a solution (I poll the TV ambilight status to control external lights).

Any help would be appreciated.

Emerging Member
Kudos: 17

I upgraded to 5.9.29, from 5.9.29 Yesterday. I walked away during the upgrade and just returned this morning.  Everything seems to be functioing.  The wireless network devices are getting to the internet, but the USG-3 is showing RED/Disconencted in the console.

The Gateway is on 4.4.29.

I'm not sure how to proceed?  Reboot in the off hours. 

Kudos: 1672
Solutions: 506

Hello @haplopeart,

Can you SSH into the USG and run the info command?

Regards,

Glenn R.

Cloud Hosted Controllers | Glenn R. | UniFi Installation/Easy Update Scripts | UniFi-Video Installation/Easy Update Scripts | UniFi-VoIP Installation Scripts
USG-4-PRO • USG
USW-48-500W • USW-24-POE-250W 2x • USW-16-POE-150W • USW-24 • USW-8-150W • USW-8
UAP XG • UAP-SHD • UAP-HD • UAP-NanoHD • UAP-AC-PRO 2x • UAP-AC-LITE • UAP-AC-IW • UAP-AC-M
UCK-G2 • UCK
Emerging Member

admin@SecureGateway:~$ info

Model: UniFi-Gateway-3
Version: 4.4.29.5124210
MAC Address: fc:ec:da:4e:8d:2b
IP Address: 192.168.1.200
Hostname: SecureGateway
Uptime: 929747 seconds

admin@SecureGateway:~$

Hello @haplopeart,

It says that its connected to 192.168.2.19 is that the address of your controller?

Regards,

Glenn R.

Cloud Hosted Controllers | Glenn R. | UniFi Installation/Easy Update Scripts | UniFi-Video Installation/Easy Update Scripts | UniFi-VoIP Installation Scripts
USG-4-PRO • USG
USW-48-500W • USW-24-POE-250W 2x • USW-16-POE-150W • USW-24 • USW-8-150W • USW-8
UAP XG • UAP-SHD • UAP-HD • UAP-NanoHD • UAP-AC-PRO 2x • UAP-AC-LITE • UAP-AC-IW • UAP-AC-M
UCK-G2 • UCK
Emerging Member

Yes...that is the IP of my CKG2+ which is hosting the controller as well.

Emerging Member

I found a service gap in which to reboot the gateway and it is now reporting conencted.  Strange!

Hello @haplopeart,

That would have been the next step yeah!

Glad the USG shows up as connected!

Regards,

Glenn R.

USG-4-PRO • USG
UCK-G2 • UCK
Emerging Member

I wanted to take that step first, but tricky to find a time to pull the reboot off and not cause service downtime, nice other than showing disconnected it seemed everything was working normally.