Kudos: 1
Solutions: 1

Re: UniFi SDN Controller 5.9.29 Stable has been released

I got a problem where I am, no longer able to set my own certificate on 5.9.29, created a seperate topic for it.

https://community.ubnt.com/t5/UniFi-Wireless/HTTPS-Certificate-on-5-9-29/m-p/2525060

Ubiquiti Employee
Kudos: 14109
Solutions: 594
Contributions: 20

@kennethgeets wrote: Now all of that works fine without errors, but it seems that the new UniFi 5.9.29 doesn't use or recognise that keystore anymore?

That's because you're using the wrong name and alias. While `ubnt` used to work, it is wrong, and we've cleaned up the code (which fixed that bug). Unfortunately there are 3rd party/externally hosted instruction guides that provide the wrong information, and it seems there are a fair number of people that have followed them. 

You need to use `unifi` for both the name and alias.

Cheers,

Mike

Kudos: 5

[ Edited ]

@UBNT-MikeD  Thank you for the information, this was exactly my problem when upgrading from 5.8 to 5.9.

Has this been documented anywhere? I could not find anything, including 5.9 release notes 🤔

Ubiquiti Employee
Kudos: 14109
Solutions: 594
Contributions: 20

@tympom wrote:

@UBNT-MikeD  Thank you for the information, this was exactly my problem when upgrading from 5.8 to 5.9.

Has this been documented anywhere? I could not find anything, including 5.9 release notes 🤔

You're welcome! I did add it to the release notes this morning. But, I obviously need to change that to increase visibility. Will also review other official documentation in the help center. I haven't looked at that in a long time, but I will guess that it needs to be improved too. 

Cheers,

Mike

2018-10-11 13_07_03-Window.png
Established Member
Kudos: 181
Solutions: 51

[ Edited ]

Am I the only one experiencing increased CPU (significant increase) since installing this controller?

The left side was on the old controller, the sudden upswing is after upgrade.

CPU.png
Kudos: 2

@jml

Ever since the update from v3.9.27.8537 to v3.9.42.9152 (at that time controller 5.8.24) random AP's in several sites started disconnecting and reconnecting. Most of the time so short that no event was created, no missed heartbeats, so I only receive several events 'connected'.
Meantime I upgraded to 5.8.30, but the issues remain.
I have +10 sites with in total +30 AP's. Some sites have the issue with all AP's, some have it with just 1 AP. Other sites have no problem at all.
In case of longer disconnect, I'm able to SSH in the device and verify that the inform url can't be resolved. Therfor I assume it is DNS related.
Only when downgrading back to v3.9.27.8537 it stops...
Also I noticed that a few AP's mentioned 100FDX since the latest firmware, also here is the 'fix' to downgrade back to v3.9.27.8537.
It makes no sense at all!
For the UBNT guys, you can check under your ticket number 339645.

Rgds,
Stefan

I'm getting unusual time zone info on the dashboard.  I'm in NZ (Auckland timezone - GMT -13).  When I looked at the dashboard this morning I had a number of anomalies marked at 8am.  When I refreshed, I suddenly had a lot of anomalies at 7pm (i.e. last night).  I suspect it's fallen back to GMT somehow.  I refreshed a couple of times, but it didn't revert to local time.  

Similarly the graphs are all ending at 7pm, even though the current time is around 9am.  

Separately it's reporting a number of anomalies.  One was accurate - one of my devices didn't like channels higher than 11, and was trying to connect to an AP that was too far away from it.  I reshuffled the channels and resolved it - so the new dashboard gave me something immediately useful.  However, I now have a number of warnings about "high TCP latency" and "low bandwidth", but there doesn't appear to be any diagnostic path - there's nothing I can click on that gives me more information about TCP latency and timing of the issues, nor information about whether that's latency within the network or out onto the internet.

Kudos: 17
Solutions: 4

[ Edited ]

@PaulLNZ

I guess, that you also have in topology view wrong connections? I have also a ticket for random disconnected UAP and switches, when they are using wireless uplinks. I have a own topic for it.

The problem riased up with 3.9.54 for me. It seems to be not the controller. 

best regards
Torsten

I have the problem, that the wifi metrics seems not to refresh like it should. The time axis stuck on last page load and also the connected client view shows only for the last hour. 

And we still have the translation issue for the hotspot manager, in german I can´t see the guest view / expired date and time. Only "abgelaufen am" without date and time is visible. When I change to english I can see date and time. 

It´s not the first time I report this issue.

best regards
Torsten

@TVT73 no, my topology view looks correct, so I don't think my issue is related to yours.  I'm not sure how topology would impact timezones nor getting more information about TCP latency.

@PaulLNZ we are guessing, that the loop detection is causing these reboots. 

Do a have a syslog server? This log can maybe help, because you see the last log lines from UAP before rebooting or disconnecting.

best regards
Torsten

Established Member
Kudos: 181
Solutions: 51

It could be due to what appears to be a new setting. From the dashboard, click the three dots, then Preferences. Look for this item, Statistics timezone. Mine was set to GMT.

Very good - that was it exactly.  Unusual that the default for that new setting would be UTC instead of browser or site setting.  I can see an argument to defaulting to site, or defaulting to browser.  I'm pretty sure defaulting to UTC would be wrong for almost 100% of users.

[ Edited ]

@TVT73: I have no reboots, I think you've mixed me up with another user.  PS: 1973 was a good year....

Hi all,

after the upgrade from 5.8.28 , we cannot see Cloud access working. Tried to disable firewall altogether, to no solution.

I have read regarding the outbound port, but we have no popups

What should I check? Any logs I can share?

controller running 5.9.29 on windows 10 1809

thanks for supporting me

Emerging Member
Kudos: 5

I can no longer navigate the controller on mobile browser, the left menu only the first few options are accesible, I can no longer scroll to get to the botom options.

unifi_mobile.png

@PaulLNZ

I have both. reboots and disconnected. The reboots are much more than disconnected. Anyway in both cases only a syslog server will help to investigate the reason. 

Ps: Thx :-)

best regards
Torsten

[ Edited ]

I upgraded my controler on windows from 5.8.28 to 5.9.29.

1 AP was disconnected and did returned.

Als my wifi had issues. Connecting was possible but not able to pass traffic.

I removed this version, installed 5.8.30 clean and recoverd an back i made yesterday.

This restored the operability of my wifi network.

Also the AP that didn't connect in 5.9.29 needed reprovisioning while my oter AP and 2 switches didn't.

Was i supose to upgrade to 5.8.30 before upgrading to 5.9.29?

All my unifi devices are on firmware version 3.9.54.9373

Kudos: 3

Not sure if this has been brought up yet, but the pre-populate button on provider capabilities seems to share the information from whichever site a speed test was last ran on. So if you do a speed test on site A and then got to update values in site B, the controller uses the values from Site A instead of performing a new speed test.

Kudos: 3

what about white text on white background in insights>controller logs? is this going to change soon?! and plz plz plz give us an option to have a dark backgound for the entire portal - not onlly settings...

Screen Shot 2018-10-12 at 8.49.39 AM.png