Ubiquiti Employee
Kudos: 14109
Solutions: 594
Contributions: 20

Re: UniFi SDN Controller 5.9.29 Stable has been released

@igusinski wrote:

what about white text on white background in insights>controller logs? is this going to change soon?

The text is not white by default. Are you accessing the controller directly or over the cloud access tie-in? Which browser and what version of it are you using?

Cheers,

Mike

2018-10-13 11_53_57-UniFi-lab.png
Ubiquiti Employee

@proask wrote:

Another problem: when I try to save the WLAN configuration for the Zero-Handoff network, a message appears
"There was a problem with saving changes to the device: Invalid API query"

I would highly suggest not using zero handoff. I personally do not recommend it in any scenario. Do you encounter API errors when trying to apply a regular WLAN group?

Cheers,

Mike

Emerging Member
Kudos: 15
Solutions: 2

[ Edited ]

@UBNT-MikeD

I'm using Chrome ("Google Chrome is up to date Version 69.0.3497.100 (Official Build) (64-bit)") and don't see any difference between direct access and cloud access to CloudKey controller.

No log messages at the moment, but even the text saying "No new log messages" is white... had to highlight it to see it in  picture below...  (and evything else is ghostly grey!)

Capture.JPG

Ubiquiti Employee

Thanks @joholm! I do see the white `No new log messages yet.` prior to the logs loading, but a second or so later the logs start to display (properly). There are a number of reports of this and it definitely is something we will fix. I opened an issue for internal tracking.

Cheers,

Mike

Emerging Member

@UBNT-MikeD

Thanks Mike; but what about the rest of the "coulor scheme?" There is way too much light grey everywhere on the Dashboard. It pains the eyes trying to see such pale text and icons against bright white background.

Ubiquiti Employee

@joholm wrote:

@UBNT-MikeD

Thanks Mike; but what about the rest of the "coulor scheme?" There is way too much light grey everywhere on the Dashboard. It pains the eyes trying to see such pale text and icons against bright white background.

I believe there are still pending changes there, but I could be mistaken. I'll have to check with the design team and get back to you (likely Monday).

Cheers,

Mike

Kudos: 1

Thanks Athurdent for your info on custom dashboards, however it doesn't seem to list site-to-site VPN tunnels and only shows blank, which the old version was able to. I believe this widget is only for remote access. It may also be a bug.

image.png

Kudos: 3

missing this

+1

Emerging Member

@sferley wrote:

Thanks Athurdent for your info on custom dashboards, however it doesn't seem to list site-to-site VPN tunnels and only shows blank, which the old version was able to. I believe this widget is only for remote access. It may also be a bug.

image.png

We also miss the site to site VPN connections showing.

Note also how the message is barely readable! - How rediculous  is a warning triangle which doesn't stand out?

Emerging Member
Kudos: 23

@UBNT-MikeD I tripple checked this behavior with different browsers, cleared browser caches and even other computers. In absolute every possible combination all normal Logs are white text on white ground, only selecting all text makes sem visible. Only critical Logs are visible by default because of their red color.

Kudos: 78
Solutions: 21

Hi @proask
Your B1 and B2 uses the IP-address 172.168.x.x which is not a local address. Have a look here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Private_network
I have no idea if that might be causing the API problem, but it doesn't help to have local devices using public addresses.
Kudos: 2
Solutions: 1

@RIA-Wieckhorst: is it possible you have dark mode set (even though there isn't one in the new UI yet), and so it's changing the fonts to white expecting the background to black?  If so, then would changing the setting fix the issue?

[ Edited ]

Hi @flamber

Sorry, your theory is wrong. The addresses of my devices are as I have set them in my network, the definitions from Wikipedia in this case have no meaning for these IP addresses. All IP addresses used by me are reachable and each service assigned to them is also determined by a properly configured router. Anyway, this situation repeats itself regardless of the address set or assigned by DHCP, and only when I want to assign the device to a WLAN using Zero-Handoff.

The problem is in API communication of the new software, which is proved by the annotation from the log file (<webapi-47> INFO api - [api] api.err.Invalid: / api / s / gws5hh7f / rest / device / 5bc0e68 ...). Well, how else to explain why the previous versions of the UniFi Controller did not have any problem with that?

Hi @UBNT-MikeD
The controller log view does have a CSS rule, which sets inform text to #fff (white):
.appView--dark,.appView--dark .appViewSidePanel
The rule is located on line 24 in /manage/css/app.v5.9.29.0.css
It doesn't matter if Preferences > Dark Settings is On or Off.
I'm using Firefox.

@proask Okay. But why do you need ZH? Like MikeD said, it's really not recommended. It was a hack, which has been superseded by the official protocols like Fast Roaming etc.
Emerging Member
Kudos: 23

@PaulLNZ yes i have ddark settings active, but already tried that and disabled dark settings, but that doesnt bring any difference, even with browser cache clear, changing browsers, or even use just another never before used Computer.

Logs are white text on white background under any circumstances.

@flamber

I use ZH from the very beginning when I installed UniFi, which is about 5 or even 6 years ago. Two devices at a certain distance from each other must guarantee me access with adequate bandwidth without the need to manually switch to a stronger station. Fast Roaming is an option for basic configuration but also for Zero-Handoff, i.e. I can turn it on - unfortunately it does not work properly with my clients (smarttv, smartphones, I have already checked it ...). In this case it is useless. However, Zero-Handoff has been working so far without any problems. I think Ubiquiti simply needs to improve his software, which probably will happen, because for now there is a bug in it, and that's it.

The new Dashboard color scheme is way too light, it's almost unreadable. Has this been properly tested? The dark color scheme under Settings is still great. Any chance this will be fixed soon? Thanks.

[ Edited ]

@UBNT-MikeD

In version 5.9.29 the API error only applies to Zero-Handoff.
Can you explain to me why you do not recommend Zero-Handoff? This option is still available in 5.9.29 while Fast Roaming is still described as Beta.

Kudos: 2
Solutions: 1

@AmazedMender16

We still experience the DNS problem on some devices with v3.9.54.9373
It also effects the 100FDX speed representation in the overview.