Accepted Solution

UniFi controller Password?

[ Edited ]

i'm new to ubiquiti and I'm having problems setting up the unifi controller. I can complete the setup process but emediatly after I that it prompts me to log back in with a User/pwd, I tried every combination of Unifi cloud pwd, Master pwd, admin pwd with root, admin and email but nothing works. I read the UniFi - Accounts and Passwords post but it didnt mention it.

Update: the controller is now (randomly) accepting my admin email/password. Must have been some delayed verification or something preventing me from login in. Thanks for all the suggestions!

Accepted Solutions
Ubiquiti Employee
Kudos: 767
Solutions: 41
Contributions: 1

Re: UniFi controller Password?

[ Edited ]

@handtesla If you setup the UniFi Controller, it would have required you to manually define both the "Admin Name" (username), "Admin Email" and password. You need to login with either the Admin Name or Admin Email you put there: 
login.PNG

Once you open the controller login page, you should be able to login with either of those. The default ubnt account doesn't apply to the controller login. 

See this for additional reference: https://help.ubnt.com/hc/en-us/articles/204909374-UniFi-Accounts-and-Passwords-for-Controller-Cloud-...

If you don't remember what you setup with the admin account there, you can try logging in with your SSO account at https://unifi.ubnt.com and see if you see the controller listed there, note this would only apply if you enabled Cloud access as a part of the login.

If you did not do this and clicked skip, and cannot recall your account/password, you will need to reinstall your UniFi controller. 

UBNT_Alternate_Logo.png
Ubiquiti Networks Enterprise Support Team

Check out our ever-evolving Help Center for answers to many common questions!

View solution in original post

All Replies
SuperUser
Kudos: 8744
Solutions: 1490

Did you try ubnt / ubnt ?  Dave

> HQ in Seacoast region New Hampshire U.S.A.
> Ubiquiti Certified Trainer [UCT] for:
     UBWA [AirMax] / UEWA [UniFi] / UBRSS [routers]
UBNT.NH@gmail.com
Kudos: 113
Solutions: 26

If exposed to the wild, someone could have grapped the wizard and changed the default to something new and unknown.
Happened to someone I know! 

What does that mean? And how do I fix it?

-thanks

[ Edited ]

Yes I tried ubnt/ubnt and root/ubnt.

Established Member
Kudos: 319
Solutions: 61

I had the same issue on my cloud key Gen 2 plus setup. It seemed I had tried to connect it to my cloud account during the setup (I believe right after it asked for local credientals). I didn’t have internet at the time and the connection didn’t work. I couldn’t log in. I ended up resetting my cloud key Gen 2 plus. When I configured UniFi Controler the second time I didn’t connect it to my cloud account on setup. I waited until I could log in regularly, and had internet. 

Not sure if that’s the same scenario you ran into but that’s what I expierenced. 

[ Edited ]

I though something similar to this and attempted setting up the controller (without cloud account). I also tried without linking any devices, so the internet connection would be consistently on during setup but I still couldn’t login after the setup process.

Could someone verify what the user name and password is suppose to be?

Established Member
Kudos: 319
Solutions: 61

I don’t think the UniFi Controller has a default password. I believe it asks you for what you want it to be when you set it up. 

You are right that during the setup process it ask you to setup a super admin and admin password but it doesn’t specify a user name. I tried both passwords with root and ubnt as usernames. Still no luckMan Sad

Ubiquiti Employee

[ Edited ]

@handtesla If you setup the UniFi Controller, it would have required you to manually define both the "Admin Name" (username), "Admin Email" and password. You need to login with either the Admin Name or Admin Email you put there: 
login.PNG

Once you open the controller login page, you should be able to login with either of those. The default ubnt account doesn't apply to the controller login. 

See this for additional reference: https://help.ubnt.com/hc/en-us/articles/204909374-UniFi-Accounts-and-Passwords-for-Controller-Cloud-...

If you don't remember what you setup with the admin account there, you can try logging in with your SSO account at https://unifi.ubnt.com and see if you see the controller listed there, note this would only apply if you enabled Cloud access as a part of the login.

If you did not do this and clicked skip, and cannot recall your account/password, you will need to reinstall your UniFi controller. 

UBNT_Alternate_Logo.png

Kudos: 4507
Solutions: 1171

Hello @handtesla,

Welcome to the community!

You did setup the controller logins in the setup wizard.

What are you using for the controller?

Regards,

Glenn R.

Cloud Hosted Controllers | Glenn R. | UniFi Installation/Easy Update Scripts | UniFi-Video Installation Scripts | UniFi-VoIP Installation Scripts
USG-XG-8 • USG-4-PRO • USG
US-XG-16 • US-48-500W • US-24-POE-250W 2x • US-16-POE-150W 3x • US-24 • US-8-150W • US-8
UAP XG • UAP-SHD • UAP-HD • UAP-NanoHD 2x • UAP-AC-PRO 2x • UAP-AC-LITE • UAP-AC-IW • UAP-AC-M • UAP-AC-M-PRO 2x
UAS-XG • UCK-G2-PLUS • UCK-G2 • UCK
Highlighted
Ubiquiti Employee

@raceboy62 One thing that can happen after setting up local login with SSO as a part of UCKG2 wizard/login is that I have seen it look for your SSO account which is a bit obscure, for future reference this can be found here: https://account.ubnt.com/manage/settings

I suspect that's what you encountered the first run through, if that's the case, we've reproduced internally and have been working to address. 

UBNT_Alternate_Logo.png